Ddavid from NC

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,163
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

BTW, I have places to go and things to do when this life is over..... I'm kind of looking forward to it, so I'm not concerned with death....... the dieing part is spooky and can be painful, but if you know Jesus as your Lord and master, death is no big deal. Missing those who have gone on ahead can be painful, but it has to happen some day.

Sam

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

Isn't refusing treatment for a terminal illness essentially suicide? Doesn't seem much different to deliberately killing yourself to me.

Is seeking agressive treatment to extend yur life a little bit longer refusing to accept it your time?

Perhaps it isnt your time tho. God can use medical treatment to heal too. Otherwise where would you draw the line? You could say that using insulin for diabetes is refusing to accept that its your time to die since diabetes used to kill people.

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

Isn't refusing treatment for a terminal illness essentially suicide? Doesn't seem much different to deliberately killing yourself to me.

Suicide is the choosing and the initiating of that which ends a persons life.

Having cancer or any other terminal disease is not the persons choice. By choosing to allow the diease process to run it's course without treatment may seem odd to most , but is not suicide.

Some cancers can be eradicated with treatment. Not every cancer is terminal. Refusing treatment can be "the choosing and initiating of that which ends a persons life", your definition of suicide.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  402
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/22/1959

I am living with a terminally ill spouse. We discussed the options, researched the TREATMENT (not a cure), then discussed it all with our boys. We decided on no treatment why because the treatment could have killed him quicker, lessened the quality of life and we just couldn't see injecting anti-freeze into his body for 48 weeks as a good thing to do.

It is a personal choice. One that needs to be weighed out and prayed about.

God has sustained Dennis for 15 months longer than any of our health-care team expected.

Praying God's wisdom in this case.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,163
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I am living with a terminally ill spouse. We discussed the options, researched the TREATMENT (not a cure), then discussed it all with our boys. We decided on no treatment why because the treatment could have killed him quicker, lessened the quality of life and we just couldn't see injecting anti-freeze into his body for 48 weeks as a good thing to do.

It is a personal choice. One that needs to be weighed out and prayed about.

God has sustained Dennis for 15 months longer than any of our health-care team expected.

Praying God's wisdom in this case.

My hopes and prayers is like my aunt to be another 25 years or so..... if any of us make it that long inthe world today.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  963
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  07/10/1963

A friend of mine was diagnosed with cancer several years ago. He believes that the Lord spoke to him and told him to eat lots of garden veges/salads, drink lots of fresh clean water and to rest. Something must of worked because he's still with us today :emot-hug: - and there is no sign of the cancer

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

Shalom David,

As others have replied, there is no "right" answer to this one. It is up to each person and their family to decide, hopefully after prayer and fervently seeking G-d.

G-d uses medicines and drs sometimes. And sometimes, no matter what someone does, they still die. Our lives are in HIS hands, not ours.

Now the decision to undergo treatment for cancer or not depends on many factors and it's not going to be the same for everyone. If the drs said the cancer was "terminal", that doesn't mean it is.

I am a cancer survivor of less than 2 years. I am currently in remission from Acute Promeyelocytic Leukemia. When I was diagnosed, I was in critical condition and they did not expect me to live. Did I "fight"? No, but I did not refuse what G-d made available to me in the form of chemo and other medicines.

There is something to consider as well and that is what G-d wants. I have a husband and children. My concern was for them. I knew I would go to Jesus, but I did not wish to leave them and have them suffer.

I now have a dear friend with breast cancer. She has decided NOT to have any treatments, but is seeking natural health answers. She is trusting G-d either way. That's what we all need to do.

Paul said the same thing,

2 Corinthians 5

1For we know that if the earthly tent which is our house is torn down, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.

2For indeed in this house we groan, longing to be clothed with our dwelling from heaven,

3inasmuch as we, having put it on, will not be found naked.

4For indeed while we are in this tent, we groan, being burdened, because we do not want to be unclothed but to be clothed, so that what is mortal will be swallowed up by life.

5Now He who prepared us for this very purpose is God, who gave to us the Spirit as a pledge.

6Therefore, being always of good courage, and knowing that while we are at home in the body we are absent from the Lord--

7for we walk by faith, not by sight--

8we are of good courage, I say, and prefer rather to be absent from the body and to be at home with the Lord.

9Therefore we also have as our ambition, whether at home or absent, to be pleasing to Him.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  166
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  03/08/1950

years ago, people did'nt struggle with such decisions. there were few if any treatments for terminal illness. imo, it's up to the person with the illness. if GOD allows the illness, HE must have a reason. HE always gives us free will to decide, PRAISE GOD! jim

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

If you were diagnosed with cancer. Is it ok to elect not to take the treatment? Is it wrong to explore every treatment opportunity in attempt to prolong life? Is it solely your option with no consideration of loved ones whether to take chemo or not? I have a family member who may be facing these decisions this week.

my grandfather was given 6 months with out treatments, and 6 years if he took them...... after a couple months, he chose to take the 6 months....... for with the treatments that he did take, he was living in agony.... he only took a couple treatments...

when he stopped the treatments, the cancer was full blown....

he went to another Physician...... with in a month, the cancer was totally gone, we call it remission, cause cancer can not be cured, he called it healed.....

you see, God heals, man can only work on a cure.... the cancer never showed back up, and the day my grandfather went home, i know there was rejoicing..... the day he went home, it was witnessed that he saw Christ....

he did not give up, he just changed his physician, and continued on in the fight..... i have known others that continued on both ways......

Doris, she chose the "practicing" physicians way, and fought the entire way... even after she was totally blind from the treatments she continued on with her work in the hospital, going from room to room witnessing Jesus to others... the only difference was that when she was sighted, she did it on her own, now, she had to have some one guide her from room to room, so she was getting an extra ear to hear the Word..... the day before she left the hospital, she was visited by Christ....

i can go on..... there are many others...

the choice is yours, to fight with medical treatments, or to fight with the Great Physician..... at no time should we give up...

mike

Guest Biblicist

Is seeking agressive treatment to extend yur life a little bit longer refusing to accept it your time?

No one dies before God's time, even if it seems like it's "before their time".

Two questions...

What is God trying to teach me through this?

How can I glorify Him through this?

In the end, that's all that matters. For me, to live is Christ, to die is gain.