• I need to tithe to be Scriptural
    • Its where I will be taught submission
    • Scripture commands it
    • Its an example to the world & other believers
    • Its where I will be of service to other believers
    • Its the most visible tool of the Kingdom for reaching the world
    • If God loves the church I need to

Guest Biblicist
I clicked "Because Scripture demands it." In the beginning, like the day after I got saved, the chaplain told me to attend chapel services for that very reason. But it wasn't long before I longed for Sunday to get here so I could hear the Word and fellowship with other like-minded believers. Today I love church for a variety of reasons.

I want to briefly comment on this post from my friend Marnie, because I noticed that she said the same thing I did about desiring to fellowship with like-minded believers. I think it is just common sense that this would be what people would desire. It makes no sense that we would want to join a church that takes positions completely contrary to what we believe.

In all actuality, Butero, should we not strive to join a church that takes positions that agree with Scripture, not our own personal beliefs?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Biblicist
You are welcome to use it. I told my Pastor I posted it here...He was very embarrassed. :emot-pinochio: But he said it is OK. His name is Pastor Glenn Dunn.

Tell your pastor I appreciate his work.

I will be happy to! :emot-pinochio:

Our website is http://www.cbfministry.org/home2.html

You can email the webmaster, and she may send you a password so you can listen to the sermons. You can also order CD's of his sermons. His series on Overcoming Life Dominating Sins is amazing.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  196
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,343
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/03/1964

When you attend a church you sense that pastor and congregation are sincerely pursuing their walk both individually and corporately. When you see a sincere attempt to expositionally preach the Word, even if the conclusions are not identical to yours. The reason I say that is the Holy Spirit will correct error in them or you when He is operative, but that genuine sensitivity is indispensible. When you observe it, you ask God is this where you want to challenge my walk? He will answer. Be willing to submit to whatever God says, even if it is not a place that appeals to your comfort.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

If one is to preach or teach it should be done with zeal and ferver, no matter if there is one person or a whole churchfull. It is the message the Holy Spirit reveals throughyou to that person sitting there. Who must be extremely important.

Most people here should know I am a helper..I need to be fed to be able to give out and have some extra for myself....

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  196
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,343
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/03/1964

When you attend a church you sense that pastor and congregation are sincerely pursuing their walk both individually and corporately. When you see a sincere attempt to expositionally preach the Word, even if the conclusions are not identical to yours. The reason I say that is the Holy Spirit will correct error in them or you when He is operative, but that genuine sensitivity is indispensible. When you observe it, you ask God is this where you want to challenge my walk? He will answer. Be willing to submit to whatever God says, even if it is not a place that appeals to your comfort.

Thanks for clarifying that. What you said earlier did get me thinking, so I might give that Salisbury church another try. I also had an invitation to a Pilgrim Holiness Church that is about 40 miles from where I live. I might check them out as well.

Butero, I will be praying for God to open some doors for you. Your talent is needed in the church. IMO Your walk with the Lord would benefit from the fellowship. Some pastor out there needs you working with him to lead the flock.

When you attend a church you sense that pastor and congregation are sincerely pursuing their walk both individually and corporately. When you see a sincere attempt to expositionally preach the Word, even if the conclusions are not identical to yours. The reason I say that is the Holy Spirit will correct error in them or you when He is operative, but that genuine sensitivity is indispensable. When you observe it, you ask God is this where you want to challenge my walk? He will answer. Be willing to submit to whatever God says, even if it is not a place that appeals to your comfort.
Thanks for clarifying that. What you said earlier did get me thinking, so I might give that Salisbury church another try. I also had an invitation to a Pilgrim Holiness Church that is about 40 miles from where I live. I might check them out as well.

Butero, I will be praying for God to open some doors for you. Your talent is needed in the church. IMO Your walk with the Lord would benefit from the fellowship. Some pastor out there needs you working with him to lead the flock.

:whistling:

Dear Butero And dddDavid

Both Of You Are A Blessing To The Jesus Kids (The Called Out Ones) At Worthy!

Keep On Keeping On!

Love, Your Brother Joe