jesussaves

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.87
  • Days Won:  0

That's from 1961. They'd be appalled by what goes on now.

I have seen people fired (years ago) for using certain words on TV..... now, those same words are used on childrens TV programs.....

the Smothers Brothers, were banned from TV for a comment made on a taped program, now, that comment is so innocent compared to what is being sent over the air waves today......

even during a documentary about a person, they had to throw in the comment the person was "gay", and the program had nothing to do with anything to do with sexual perversion or not, it was about an indian boy that had taken up dancing for a hobby and then a career...

it is being forced on to anyone and everyone, whether or not they want it.... if a person sayd it is wrong, and drops it, they are gap bashing.... if they say it is not natural, and say nothing more, they are hate mongers....

God has told us, that people will call what is good bad, and what is evil will be called good.....

we are there.......

mike

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  445
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  06/03/1974

I agree 100%

99% of the time my tv has some kind of sports game on it but believe it or not if you look hard enough there are family oriented shows out there you just have look for them as they aren't advertised as much as the smut. For instance I've really gotten into "The Biggest Loser" this season not only is it a great family program but it also has a possitive message and I've followed American Idol since season 1. A couple of others shows I like to watch are "Don't Forget Those Lyrics" and while some might disagree with me I think for the most part "House" is a good show if you take it for what it is and that's a show with a lot of hidden humor and sarcastic attitude when it comes to House's personal beliefs on religion but at no point have I ever felt like they try to push his view down your throat if anything it's the other way around where they are trying to push it down his.

I also watch a lot of HGTV and The History Channel in the late night hours that can be tempting with some of the adult oriented programming.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  825
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

I guess I've missed out on alot in the last 6-7 years. We have a tv but just a dvd player hooked up and all is good.

Unless I turn on the pc..... I have no idea if its even going to rain tomorrow. :laugh:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

I watch Fox News a lot. The only other shows I watch are the old sitcoms, like Lucy. And Family Feud, Steve Wilkos, Food Channel, Discovery Health, and my stupid soap.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,704
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/08/1950

In 1993 I saw a bumper sticker that read....Kill your TV.....

With digital coming in Feb. 09 most TV's won't pick up signal, if mine doesn't I'll be ok with that.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  46
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  10/25/1970

The Lord tells us that He will judge those without...we just need to be salt and light.

OHHH my soul cries out for the Lord to sweep across this nation with a revival that will change lives and open those blind eyes!

The I am's are spreading and trying to up root The I AM.

The gays have infiltrated our t.v networks and we cannot even flick a channel without being exposed to sickening acts of perversion...yes I did say perversion! The network stations are becoming more obscene by the day. I had to contain myself from throwing my t.v. out the door today! And I only had it on for less than 30 minutes!! I don't have cable t.v....so you would think I could by pass that junk...network is becoming worse than walking down a street called Sodom.

PLEASE don't think I don't love everyone with the love of the Lord. I do. But I hate the sin that is being pushed across this nation. I am beginning to realize more and more how Lot felt when he was vexed by the sin and terrible language all around him daily. I can't afford all those blockers that block out bad stuff...so I will probably be forced to give up my t.v. one day...hummm...probably a good idea anyway.

What about the Christian TV channels?

(I know very little about American TV), but here most of what I watch is Canal Cocina (Kitchen), History Channel and documentaries.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

Thats why I stopped watching tv, I watch movies, but can't get into watching cable, Just too much propaganda on it these days. It seems perversion creeps into every channel.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,741
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  07/30/1959

fox news - salacious, sensational, biased news designed to get us upset for no good reason. (just my opinion) ]

but no cable? that's where the good shows are like kat said, food channel (a lot of fun) + animal planet & diy. there is a lot of good on tv along with the bad

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

fox news - salacious, sensational, biased news designed to get us upset for no good reason. (just my opinion) ]

but no cable? that's where the good shows are like kat said, food channel (a lot of fun) + animal planet & diy. there is a lot of good on tv along with the bad

yup, no cable. lol I used to have dish on demand a few years ago, it took me 4 months to realize it was shut off.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

fox news

Sure beats PMSNBC (aka MSLSD) and the Clinton News Network.