IGNORED

Wearing Pants on Vistiation (aka, Soulwinning)

kittylover0991

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  0

My thoughts on this is that anyone who puts any kind of restrictions on what one is to wear eiher wearing a dress or skirts then that is going back up under the law walking in the flesh. Man made rules and regulations can bring many into bondage. Because when one walks according to the law then one is in bondage to the flesh thinking that the works of the law literally saves them. But the truth of the matter is that righteousness and holiness comes only through the cross who set us free to walk in liberty as it is not by the works of the law.

I like what Marnie said

And I highly commend IslandRose for her humble and sincere devotion to the work God gave her to do by example by walking out your own convictions.

OC

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  162
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,832
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Birthday:  03/23/1964

However, I've heard some people say that on visitation, no pants whatsoever, no matter who they are.... Thoughts?

:huh:

Are they riding on a horse or a donkey?

:)

I honestly just spurted out the tea I was drinking when I read that response :24: :24: :24::thumbsup::unsure::wub:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  665
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  06/24/1968

Umm, why does pants verse dresses/skirts really matter? If you are talking to an unsaved person, they could care less about this issue. If they are within the church and you are visiting someone who is Christian, it's very disturbing to me if it does matter to someone. Talk about bondage.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  51
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  05/20/1976

Hey Everyone :unsure:

Once again, as usual, the title of the post explains it all :wub:

I don't like to exclude people from this post, but I REALLY dont' want it to turn into an argument/discussion about what is and is not modest, since we all obviously disagree heavily on the matter.

However, here's the question, considering that the bible says that women are to adorn themselves in modest apparrel, and pants are immodest, what about a new Christian?

I mean.... we have rules for certain things that the lady or woman should be wearing something modest, and typically, that comes with conviction and she grows in the Lord. However, I've herad some people say that on visitation, no pants whatsoever, no matter who they are.

That's great and all, but I can't see telling a new Chrsitian that they have to wear a skirt or a dress when it is not yet a conviction in their life.

Thoughts?

My thoughts? Well....I'll have to say that I agree with the answer posted below:

I have to keep on reminding myslef that pants = trousers. Pants here in UK means something quite different and i keep on thinking of people in their underwear, certainly if people just turned up in thier pants here then yes that would create quite a stir!

To be honest this whole thing over women wearing trousers is just plain stupid hoo-ha.

All this has come about because people have wrongly interpreted the following

Duet 22:5 The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the LORD thy God.

SO what exactly does this mean? It certainly does not mean women should not wear trousers. I doubt anyone in those days had even seen trousers let alone wore them. Through history men have mainly worn various forms and styles of trousers and shorts and it is generally considered a male item of clothing, but I see it more as a unisex form of clothing. What exactly is the problem with women wearing trousers, it certainly does not violate Duet :22.5

Deuteronomy is an instruction against cross dressing, to dress in a way that passes you off as someone of the opposite sex. We only have to look at the homosexual community to see this happening, women dressing like men and men as women in such a way that if you gave them a quick glance you would think that they are the gender the dressed up to look like. this is what the verse is about, not a petty legalistic argument over what technically is a womans item of clothing and what is a mans.

Another point is modesty, how on earth is a woman wearing trousers being less modest than a skirt, which is prone to having men a sneaky peek to see how much thigh they can see etc.

Satan is having a laugh at how he has managed to get a group of Christians to miss understand a verse in Bible then get everyone to argue over it, a matter that is so obvious and trivial that we should not even be giving it a certain thought.

Last thought , it is up to a church what they decide they want members to do and even wear, but they should not force this upon everyone else outside of the church. If my church started to bring in such rules and regulations then I would consider leaving.

BINGO! Ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner......

To me (at least) it seems that it's getting more and more difficult for one to live the Christian life because of these kinds of thought patterns. Things aren't as complicated today regarding the laws of those days as they are now....why should we continue to make it seem that way? This is the 21st century...not the 'Stone Age"..... :thumbsup:

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  700
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Birthday:  12/11/1977

I can't believe there is another pants/skirts thread so soon after the last one. :21:

We are building onto our church, well our sister church's pastors and wives came to help hang drywall. The senior Pastors wife was hanging it in a skirt. I have to say what a wonderful example that was to me. It is my personal conviction to wear a skirt (don't flame me) but I was wearing jeans this day because I thought however can I work in a skirt. It can be done and I believe I was shown how. :21:

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

I can't believe there is another pant,s/skirts thread so soon after the last one. :laugh:

We are building onto our church, well our sister church's pastors and wives came to help hang drywall. The senior Pastors wife was hanging it in a skirt. I have to say what a wonderful example that was to me. It is my personal conviction to wear a skirt (don't flame me) but I was wearing jeans this day because I thought however can I work in a skirt. It can be done and I believe I was shown how. :laugh:

A wonderful example of what, exactly? I don't mean to flame on you, I think you are a wonderful and sincere person...but did it ever occur to you, or any of you ladies, that wearing a skirt at strange times (like when hanging drywall?!?!) is actually drawing attention yourselves? The very thing you are seeking to avoid? I mean, it's not like Hudson Taylor's phony pony tail during the early days of mission expansion into mainland China!

I do agree with your first sentence, though. How strange it appears to me that Christians (not Mennonites or Quakers, mind you) cling the notion that what we wear somehow determines our level of holiness or effects our standing before G-d. I can see how it negatively effected my family, Jews, who look askance upon anybody who dresses differently than they were taught. I don't get it; the Lord saved me from that, yet some of you want it. A little yeast works its way through the whole batch. Well, perhaps issues like this are why G-d has allowed denominations to exist.

I can't believe there is another pant,s/skirts thread so soon after the last one. :thumbsup:

We are building onto our church, well our sister church's pastors and wives came to help hang drywall. The senior Pastors wife was hanging it in a skirt. I have to say what a wonderful example that was to me. It is my personal conviction to wear a skirt (don't flame me) but I was wearing jeans this day because I thought however can I work in a skirt. It can be done and I believe I was shown how. :emot-hug:

A wonderful example of what, exactly? I don't mean to flame on you, I think you are a wonderful and sincere person...but did it ever occur to you, or any of you ladies, that wearing a skirt at strange times (like when hanging drywall?!?!) is actually drawing attention yourselves? The very thing you are seeking to avoid? I mean, it's not like Hudson Taylor's phony pony tail during the early days of mission expansion into mainland China!

Like I said, it is my personal conviction to wear a skirt, I feel strange if I'm not wearing one at church. You are right about her drawing attention to herself by wearing a skirt, but in a good way, perhaps I was being convicted again because I'm still thinking about it. :th_praying:

Honestly, I could care less what others wear at church as long as it isn't obscene.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

I can't believe there is another pant,s/skirts thread so soon after the last one. :thumbsup:

We are building onto our church, well our sister church's pastors and wives came to help hang drywall. The senior Pastors wife was hanging it in a skirt. I have to say what a wonderful example that was to me. It is my personal conviction to wear a skirt (don't flame me) but I was wearing jeans this day because I thought however can I work in a skirt. It can be done and I believe I was shown how. :emot-hug:

Like I said, it is my personal conviction to wear a skirt, I feel strange if I'm not wearing one at church. You are right about her drawing attention to herself by wearing a skirt, but in a good way, perhaps I was being convicted again because I'm still thinking about it. :th_praying:

Honestly, I could care less what others wear at church as long as it isn't obscene.

I would be interested in understanding how you arrived at this conviction. On what is it based?

I can't believe there is another pant,s/skirts thread so soon after the last one. :laugh:

We are building onto our church, well our sister church's pastors and wives came to help hang drywall. The senior Pastors wife was hanging it in a skirt. I have to say what a wonderful example that was to me. It is my personal conviction to wear a skirt (don't flame me) but I was wearing jeans this day because I thought however can I work in a skirt. It can be done and I believe I was shown how. :laugh:

Like I said, it is my personal conviction to wear a skirt, I feel strange if I'm not wearing one at church. You are right about her drawing attention to herself by wearing a skirt, but in a good way, perhaps I was being convicted again because I'm still thinking about it. :laugh:

I would be interested in understanding how you arrived at this conviction. On what is it based?

A woman wears a skirt to church is what I've aways been taught. I attend a conservative church where most of the ladies wear a skirt at all times and I am taught by example from the aged women. As for the personal conviction, I don't know how I can explain a it to you in any other way. I assume you listen when God speaks to you? So do I.