• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  87
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Hello Worthyboards,

I have a question which is making me absolutely shudder right now. I'm not sure where else to turn, but I have to ask it somewhere.

In Hebrew 6:4-10 it says,

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

It is my belief that those who have fallen away are those who have hardened their hearts toward God to a point of never feeling repentant again. When one is in this state, they reject fully the Holy Spirit and His work to bring them back to God. If you feel sorrow and are repentant, then you have not crossed this line.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,773
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Birthday:  12/27/1957

Hello Worthyboards,

I have a question which is making me absolutely shudder right now. I'm not sure where else to turn, but I have to ask it somewhere.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,222
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Hello Worthyboards,

4 "For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,

5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,

6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

7 For the earth which drinketh in the rain that cometh oft upon it, and bringeth forth herbs meet for them by whom it is dressed, receiveth blessing from God:

8 But that which beareth thorns and briers is rejected, and is nigh unto cursing; whose end is to be burned."

My questions about this are:

1. Does that mean that a christian who sins after being saved cannot be renewed unto repentance?

2. What does "falling away" consist of? What sin does one commit in order to "fall away" ?

I think there is a difference in falling away and occasionally sinning. It is my understanding that one would have to renounce Jesus as being Lord. Romans tells us that one must not only believe that the Father raised him from the dead, but we must confess with or mouths that he is our Lord. Falling away would be a renouncement of that declaration deep down in your heart. While that is not a license to sin, it seems that Paul tells us that we all..... "ALL" deal with that after salvation.

But if you take back him being your Lord, you might be in trouble.....

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  87
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

I thank you guys for your speedy replies during this holiday.

I was so scared today, thinking that I was going to Hell with absolutely no chance of salvation. My faith was tested because of it - because of a simple lie from Satan that I could not be saved!

But I affirm to you now and forever that Jesus Christ is my savior - the son of God, whom no death could overcome.

I'd like to ask you guys to please pray for my faith in God and in Jesus; so that God may continue to build me up.

I pray for all of you, that God may do the same!

Thanks, and blessings.

-Tom

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,271
  • Content Per Day:  4.89
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

1 John is an excellent read about once saved always saved; about how to know that one is truly saved. I believe that you will find it very comforting. Have a blessed Christmas.

1. Does that mean that a christian who sins after being saved cannot be renewed unto repentance?

God Is Faithful

And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved. Acts 2:21

And True

If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 1 John 1:8-9

2. What does "falling away" consist of? What sin does one commit in order to "fall away" ?

Not Unbelief

And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief. Mark 9:24

But Departing Unbelief

Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God. Hebrews 3:12

>>>>>()<<<<<

Questions?

Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:

And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting. Psalms 139:23-24

Trust Him

Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Proverbs 3:5-6

Jesus Saves

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

I thank you guys for your speedy replies during this holiday.

I was so scared today, thinking that I was going to Hell with absolutely no chance of salvation. My faith was tested because of it - because of a simple lie from Satan that I could not be saved!

But I affirm to you now and forever that Jesus Christ is my savior - the son of God, whom no death could overcome.

I'd like to ask you guys to please pray for my faith in God and in Jesus; so that God may continue to build me up.

I pray for all of you, that God may do the same!

Thanks, and blessings.

-Tom

I went thru that once, for a year. It was the absolute worst time of my life, like I was in torture. I knew I had "gone too far", and there was no way I could ever be saved. I naturally fell out of faith. Then I saw a tv preacher speaking about repentance, and He slowly brought me back, but it took a while.

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

I will absolutely pray for you, Sgtazur. I think you're okay with the Lord though; He is a patient and loving God. :th_praying: