Shiloh62

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  141
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  1

as a charismatic catholic i do keep Him there to remind of what He went thru for me while i was yet a sinner

i also have one of the risen Christ as well to remind me that He has defeated death

praise God for my cross after yesterday(seepost) because it also reminded me of all He had to go thru and He can still help me with my burdens as well

lv yr sis in christ

manie

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamen sister manie!!!!!!!!!!!!

Another thought struck me later that since we are crucified with Christ according to Ga.2.20 and as humans we greatly benefit from visual reminders, at least I do... ( I need all the help I can get to remember and keep things in focus ) having a crucifix can be that visual aid for many of us that it's ALL ABOUT JESUS and without His Shed Blood we are condemned to a lost eternity.

This is a great question I think, it opens our minds and enlarges our perspective! :emot-highfive:

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,973
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/13/1953

My mom grew up Catholic, and she said it was a reminder of His sacrifice.

I agree Colleen. If we can learn what Catholics believe and why we might disagree with them but not all of what they believe is wrong. Just like many of the other denominations.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.56

I agree Colleen. If we can learn what Catholics believe and why we might disagree with them but not all of what they believe is wrong. Just like many of the other denominations.

Exactly. Not everyone is right or wrong 100 percent of the time (other than God being 100 percent right)

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

Why do catholics keep Jesus on the cross? Don't they know that he was taken down, put in a borrowed tomb,rose from the dead on the 3rd day and ascended into heaven?

Gee whiz, Golly! Really????

I must alert the Pope.

But just for your information, Catholics do NOT 'keep Jesus on the cross.' Don't be afraid, that not the REAL Jesus, it's just a little statue................

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  186
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

Why do catholics keep Jesus on the cross? Don't they know that he was taken down, put in a borrowed tomb,rose from the dead on the 3rd day and ascended into heaven?

Yes, Jesus defeated Satan on the Cross for all of mankind with love. But Satan hasn't been destroyed yet. So it serves as a constant reminder of what humanity under the influence of (Satan) hate, evil, and wickedness is capable of doing.

I hear WHY, WHY, WHY from believers and non-believers....my answer always remain the same...look what humanity did to Almighty God...nothing should surprise you what human beings are capable of doing..

Eternal life is a wonderful, comforting gift.....but if your carrying your cross don't ever forget what humanity did to Jesus Christ...if they do that to Almighty God...they are capable of anything..

I am not Catholic but as a Child of God that is why I still picture Jesus on the Cross and why I slap in the Passion of the Cross into my DVD when I don't understand how people can act and behave the way they do. Keeps everything in perspective for me.

Edited by Press Forward

Exactly. Not everyone is right or wrong 100 percent of the time (other than God being 100 percent right)

What!

Who ME? :cool::anv20181::mgqueen:

>>>>>()<<<<<

Love

Knowledge puffeth up, but charity edifieth. And if any man think that he knoweth anything, he knoweth nothing yet as he ought to know. But if any man love God, the same is known of him. 1 Corinthians 8:1(b)-3

And Peace

Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.

There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; Ephesians 4:3-4

In The LORD Jesus

One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ. Ephesians 4:5-7

To Those Who Trust In Him

Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: John 11:25

Who Believe In Him

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

By Grace

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Not of works, lest any man should boast. Ephesians 2:8-9

Bless His Holy Name!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  2

When I was a teen, my Sunday School teacher had a really neat cross necklace made of three nails. The middle one was straight, and the outer two were bent at right angles, to make a cross shape. Three nails, to remind of how the LORD was nailed up - one nail through the right hand, one through the left, and the third through both feet.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  21
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/29/1945

Is not "the Mass" the death of Christ afresh, each time? ....the "actual body and blood" through Transubstantiation? If Christ rose and was glorified, would the Mass still be accurate?

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,683
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  02/14/1962

Yes, Jesus defeated Satan on the Cross for all of mankind with love. But Satan hasn't been destroyed yet. So it serves as a constant reminder of what humanity under the influence of (Satan) hate, evil, and wickedness is capable of doing.

I hear WHY, WHY, WHY from believers and non-believers....my answer always remain the same...look what humanity did to Almighty God...nothing should surprise you what human beings are capable of doing..

Eternal life is a wonderful, comforting gift.....but if your carrying your cross don't ever forget what humanity did to Jesus Christ...if they do that to Almighty God...they are capable of anything..

I am not Catholic but as a Child of God that is why I still picture Jesus on the Cross and why I slap in the Passion of the Cross into my DVD when I don't understand how people can act and behave the way they do. Keeps everything in perspective for me.

Your right about that movie- i think it really did get EVERYONE's attention,and let them know how badly we treated our Lord and saviuor. Shiloh62

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  28

Whenever I see a empty cross it reminds me of my risen Lord :wub:

It reminds me of Jesus who died on the cross and carried my sins and through Him I am saved, the cross is Empty and my sins are forgiven