• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.97
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

So, has anyone actually spent some serious time in prayer about this, asking the Lord if this was from Him? Should you prepare for disaster personally? etc.?

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.58
  • Days Won:  1

So, has anyone actually spent some serious time in prayer about this, asking the Lord if this was from Him? Should you prepare for disaster personally? etc.?

I actually have and don't have a sense either way. The model in the NT seems to be that prophecy would be given to the local church and evaluated by the local leadership. I did not feel the need to store food

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,683
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  02/14/1962

Quote World Net Daily;

Famed pastor predicts imminent catastrophe

Best-selling author, Teen Challenge founder, sees 'earth-shattering calamity about to happen'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted: March 08, 2009

3:15 am Eastern

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  7,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/19/1959

Should you prepare for disaster personally? etc.?

Ya' know Neb...I honestly wouldn't know how to do that anymore. So I store up tons of food, water and so forth but what good will it do? How much do I store? Enough for me and my household? What about my family and friends and employees and neighbors and....there isn't enough room! I'm not being argumentative. I honestly have thought this through. I think the Lord will provide one way or the other. Now if I was led to do something, hopefully I'd be still enough to hear HIS voice and obey.

Now to answer your first question. Yes..I do carry car, health and homeowners insurances. :taped::taped:

Seriously...I just don't know so I stick with what I do know sis and not pay much attention to "warnings". On the other hand, I can respect the sincerity of a man like David Wilkerson and his need to express openly that which has been placed on his heart. Maybe the "warning" is to get the attention of the lost? :taped: What matters most is that the lost come into the LIGHT of TRUTH. That's eternal.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  97
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  06/15/1959

what ever this wilkerson person has seen,visioned or dreamed what ever the case maybe I see it this way I'm not looking for the disasters of this world or even the antichrist I'm looking for Christ and knowing he is in control of everything.

Cecee

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  19

Grace to you,

I didn't put this up here to cause anxiety or fear. I put it here to cause discussion simply because it is not every day that a man like Dave Wilkerson publically says something like this.

It is also surprising to me because we have many supposed Prophets who daily have been making Prophecies for years about a revvival and how God is going to Bless America so that the revival can be carried to the world. However, revival often comes through dire circumstances when men begin to see their real need for God.

You can turn on a variety of Television Preachers any given day of the week and begin to hear all manner of puffed up stuff. I will not name names but the other day I listened to a guy actually state that he had a Word from God and it was to send him money today in a specific amount so that folks could make it through the tough times. :emot-hug: They wouldn't make it if they didn't get their seed in the ground. :emot-hug:

We will have to wait and see. :emot-hug:

I've been listening to the Political guru's long enough and the supposed people in the know on our economy and they all have something to say but none of them calls on God, at all, and they are continually wrong in their assumptions and cures.

It was 8 short years ago that we were hit on 9/11. That's nothing on a Prophetic time line. I don't know what God is going to do with America but I do know we no longer fear God. :emot-hug:

Peace,

Dave

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  203
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

So, has anyone actually spent some serious time in prayer about this, asking the Lord if this was from Him? Should you prepare for disaster personally? etc?

Yes, for a couple of years now, God has pointed stuff (seach for my previous posts over the years here) to me that have confirmed/witnessed to what David Wilkerson said. I only did not know when it would happen, but now I do.

For instance, God has guided me to various sources like the Daniel's Timeline (2009 - 2015/2016). Also, for a long time now, I had posted about the mid-trib position. That is rapture pointing to the year 2012.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  45
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

mat 25:1-13

ten virgins waiting for the bridegroom, 5 of them were foolish, and five were prudent. For when the foolish took their lamps, they took no oil with them, the prudent took oil in flasks along with their lamps.

I think we can all agree that as the USA turns its face from God, the protections and blessings we have enjoyed from God may be removed.

When is the last time the USA experienced a loss of hundreds of thousands of people in a quick moment.... earthquake, flood, hurricane, volcano, flu,? Let alone a man made catastrophe like war, biological, etc. We have been protected, and if that protection is lifted due to our babylonian ways..... we should be prepared.

not jumping on the boat that passes by in a flood because you are waiting for God to rescue you... may not be very wise.

each or us must pray and search our hearts to know what the Oil is for ourselves.

I believe the bridegroom will be showing up soon.

Other than by imagination, I wonder how he comes up with these ideas.

do you think it was "by imagination" that his church made 2000 sandwiches 9-10-01?

As I was praying about this last night, it occured to me that it seems odd that God would warn him about it and then ask him to make lunch for everyone, and not warn people (especially believers).

Grace to you,

I didn't put this up here to cause anxiety or fear. I put it here to cause discussion simply because it is not every day that a man like Dave Wilkerson publically says something like this.

It is also surprising to me because we have many supposed Prophets who daily have been making Prophecies for years about a revvival and how God is going to Bless America so that the revival can be carried to the world. However, revival often comes through dire circumstances when men begin to see their real need for God.

You can turn on a variety of Television Preachers any given day of the week and begin to hear all manner of puffed up stuff. I will not name names but the other day I listened to a guy actually state that he had a Word from God and it was to send him money today in a specific amount so that folks could make it through the tough times. :24: They wouldn't make it if they didn't get their seed in the ground. :24:

We will have to wait and see. :emot-hug:

I've been listening to the Political guru's long enough and the supposed people in the know on our economy and they all have something to say but none of them calls on God, at all, and they are continually wrong in their assumptions and cures.

It was 8 short years ago that we were hit on 9/11. That's nothing on a Prophetic time line. I don't know what God is going to do with America but I do know we no longer fear God. ;)

Peace,

Dave

I wonder if we really ever did completely. The founders declaring all men are created equal while at the same time owning slaves. The way we treated the American Indians. America certainly espoused certain Christian values. But we have never been a "Christian nation" in the sense of being a theocracy.