• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  437
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  05/20/1979

Family,

I'm sry to be such a nuisance, but I need some advice.

Some off our youth girls said that I am their mentor, and it shocked & scared me.

Me a mentor? They must be crazy in thinking or choosing me.

My hubby & me work a lot with the youth. I spend a lot time with them and all have my personal numbers.

I'm freaking out and don't know how to handle this.

I told them yesterday they need to pray hard about it, cuz I don't think I'm the right person to be a mentor.

I have so much issues, then there's my depression, my temper. Geeeewizzz what are they thinking?

I need to calm down. wow. How do i tell them in a nice way, they need to choose the 2 senoir's pastors wives, or someone else in church as the mentors?

Plz do tell me, as I am a wreck.

I will dissapoint them, I normally do dissapoint everyone. And I love the so much I don't want them to get hurt by me.

lv,

lomi

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,265
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I think they have the right to choose whomever they choose as a mentor......

Might I suggest that you go into your closet close the door and have a really long talk with the Lord. It may well be that he is giving you a really good reason to deal with your problems....... What a testimony that would be in the end if these young people gave you the little push you need to deal with yourself. It seems that you know what to work on......

Guest HIS girl

Lomi - :noidea:PLEASE don't put yourself down!!! You are a precious daughter of God!!! :noidea:

It is normal for girls/young women to look up to the Pastor's wife...so normal.

Yes, it would be quite scary but when you think about it, they are only seeing the public "you" whereas God/Jesus sees the REAL you (warts and all behind closed doors..) and you are STILL acceptable!

You are as worthy to be a role model/mentor as the Senior Pastors' wives are but also DO pray for wisdom, guidance etc as now it is out in the open and you are aware that young, eager minds are looking to you for "wisdom, guidance" etc!

How exciting :12: - do you also have an older, wise female mentor/role model you could seek out and share things with? This will be a bonus in your walk/role as mentor...

• Group:  Advanced Member

Lomi - :noidea:PLEASE don't put yourself down!!! You are a precious daughter of God!!! :noidea:

It is normal for girls/young women to look up to the Pastor's wife...so normal.

Yes, it would be quite scary but when you think about it, they are only seeing the public "you" whereas God/Jesus sees the REAL you (warts and all behind closed doors..) and you are STILL acceptable!

You are as worthy to be a role model/mentor as the Senior Pastors' wives are but also DO pray for wisdom, guidance etc as now it is out in the open and you are aware that young, eager minds are looking to you for "wisdom, guidance" etc!

How exciting :12: - do you also have an older, wise female mentor/role model you could seek out and share things with? This will be a bonus in your walk/role as mentor...

I am really scared about it, HIS Girl, more than you'll ever realized.

No I don't have a mentor, since my mom died. She was not only my bioligical & spiritual mother, but also my mentor. I'm trying not to put myself down. I just feel II'm not capable of doing it. Or maybe I'm just scared to let someone in, and then loose them again. I don't know. I do talk to mama (manie), sis (pinkfrogfreak) & yall here on worthy.

I love to behind scenes not so out in the open. It frightens me.

lv,

lomi

Guest HIS girl

'Lomi'

I am really scared about it, HIS Girl, more than you'll ever realized.

It's a responsibility and any responsibility can be nerve wracking especially when you feel you don't have what it takes.

No I don't have a mentor, since my mom died. She was not only my bioligical & spiritual mother, but also my mentor.

I didn't grow up with a Mother but I'm presuming it would be hard for any woman to "replace" her Mum. If you allow God to bring a Godly woman to walk with you and be your mentor, I know He will. :noidea:

I'm trying not to put myself down. I just feel II'm not capable of doing it. Or maybe I'm just scared to let someone in, and then loose them again. I don't know. I do talk to mama (manie), sis (pinkfrogfreak) & yall here on worthy.

I love to behind scenes not so out in the open. It frightens me.

lv,

lomi

God knows all your concerns, desires etc but I would suggest having a complete "heart to heart" with God and lay it all on the table...ask Him to show you what HE wants....in the mean time, be "there" for those who are looking up to you ...you will get as much from them as they give you....it's NEVER onesided. :noidea:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

My hubby & me work a lot with the youth. I spend a lot time with them and all have my personal numbers.

I'll bet that's why they picked you. :noidea:

They aren't going to go for someone who hasn't already begun investing into their lives.

I understand the weight of responsibility you feel, but if you have been working with the youth to encourage them in the ways of the Lord, then you already have been mentoring them, just without the official title.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

:noidea: They see a young woman who may be closer in age to them than other elders... they see a spiritual young person who loves God. As Nebula says - you may have been mentoring them all along without the title. Sometimes we cannot see in ourselves what others see. God Bless You Lomi.

:noidea: They see a young woman who may be closer in age to them than other elders... they see a spiritual young person who loves God. As Nebula says - you may have been mentoring them all along without the title. Sometimes we cannot see in ourselves what others see. God Bless You Lomi.

thanks.

I will pray a lot about this. THese yoing girls is so prescious, beautiful & need someone that is emotional stable.

I have been talking & helping them, even sometimes till 3am in the mornings, BUt then anyone will do that.

I only told them I'm here for them whenever the need me, they can phone me, or asked me to come over anytime of the night or day.

I normally drops everything and go to them. I normaly cry when they cry. A mentor suppose to be strong, i think.

I'm their friend, i can deal with that, but mentoring total different story.

I'm turning 30,aint that too young? yeah I knw Jeremiah also said he's too young, he was called.

Am i running away from responsibilities or what?

I think i need to fast & ask DADDY, HE needs to choose someone else for these girls or Really need to give me assurance/proof that that's what HIS will is for me.

lomi

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

I think they have the right to choose whomever they choose as a mentor......

Might I suggest that you go into your closet close the door and have a really long talk with the Lord. It may well be that he is giving you a really good reason to deal with your problems....... What a testimony that would be in the end if these young people gave you the little push you need to deal with yourself. It seems that you know what to work on......

Grace to you,

Brother Sam has actually given you some brillaint advice and it must be from our Lord. :noidea:

God could quite possibly be molding you into what He has planned for you. You should ask Him for the Grace it will require. Being frightened isn't abnormal and is actually a healthy Christian way to react to Gods Vision. It clearly shows your reliance upon Him and that is a great place to be.

I believe the young ladies have chosen wisely.

Peace,

Dave

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  168
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/11/1975

Family,

I'm sry to be such a nuisance, but I need some advice.

Some off our youth girls said that I am their mentor, and it shocked & scared me.

Me a mentor? They must be crazy in thinking or choosing me.

I'm freaking out and don't know how to handle this.

I told them yesterday they need to pray hard about it, cuz I don't think I'm the right person to be a mentor.

I have so much issues, then there's my depression, my temper. Geeeewizzz what are they thinking?

I need to calm down. wow. How do i tell them in a nice way, they need to choose the 2 senoir's pastors wives, or someone else in church as the mentors?

Plz do tell me, as I am a wreck.

I will dissapoint them, I normally do dissapoint everyone. And I love the so much I don't want them to get hurt by me.

lv,

lomi

Maybe everyone can help one another here. You need help in your life and the children in theirs. Don't run away. Being held accountable sometimes scares people. Let the Lord take care of your depression and temper. Maybe this is a way to make you think.

B Blessed, Stay Blessed, and Much Love, brothaman