• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,874
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  07/08/1955

Hello Lomi:

You have a gift, we can't choose to be mentors or not, others will choose you like it or not. In leadership school in the Army an instructor said something I will never forget and it applies not just to the military but through out life. The instructor said "the most important part of leadership is to lead by example". It sounds like you have been a good example for these young people, Congratulations.

I believe God places everybody on this earth for a reason, it could be for a 15 minute deed or a lifetime of service. I believe the greatest sin in the world is to recognize that calling and not do anything about it. Take this gift God has given you and run with it, this gift will bless your life as well as the lives of the ones you touch. :th_frusty::emot-questioned:

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  437
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  05/20/1979

Thank you, oldzimm, stacey c, One Light, Darlene, tjhawks1 , EricH, Nebula, brothaman, Nathele, Johnsean, Other one, HIS Girl, Believer1997, Dave , MAMA (manie), everyone.

Please do keep me in prayer today, cuz I'm really depressed, I don't know where it's coming from.

Just hold me close to prayer, I just want to cry.

Oh DADDY forgive me for complaining, when I'm feeling so very low. Just give me a gentle reminder that it's in the valley that I grow.

lv

lomi

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

:swordfightsmiles: Lomi

Depression can be like that. One thing that helps me get through it is to remind myself that what I'm feeling isn't necessarily "me." It's like that annoying song that gets stuck in your head. It doesn't make me "feel" better regarding it as "not me," but it does help me to walk through it, not let it keep me completely down, gives me the strength to put one foot in front of the other ... even if slowly.

Prayers for your healing

:emot-hug:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.21
  • Days Won:  115

I will keep you in prayer, Sister.

I share this with you in hopes that you may find something in what I do when I get depressed to assist you during these times. When I get depressed, and it is more then not lately,the Holy Spirit brings this scripture back to my mind.

Philippians 4:8

Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  437
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  05/20/1979

I will keep you in prayer, Sister.

I share this with you in hopes that you may find something in what I do when I get depressed to assist you during these times. When I get depressed, and it is more then not lately,the Holy Spirit brings this scripture back to my mind.

Philippians 4:8

Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,265
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

:emot-handshake: They see a young woman who may be closer in age to them than other elders... they see a spiritual young person who loves God. As Nebula says - you may have been mentoring them all along without the title. Sometimes we cannot see in ourselves what others see. God Bless You Lomi.

thanks.

I will pray a lot about this. These young girls is so precious, beautiful & need someone that is emotional stable.

I have been talking & helping them, even sometimes till 3am in the mornings, BUt then anyone will do that.

I only told them I'm here for them whenever the need me, they can phone me, or asked me to come over anytime of the night or day.

I normally drops everything and go to them. I normally cry when they cry. A mentor suppose to be strong, i think.

I'm their friend, i can deal with that, but mentoring total different story.

I'm turning 30,aint that too young? yeah I knw Jeremiah also said he's too young, he was called.

Am i running away from responsibilities or what?

I think i need to fast & ask DADDY, HE needs to choose someone else for these girls or Really need to give me assurance/proof that that's what HIS will is for me.

lomi

I don't think you can see the forest for the trees here. What kids need the most from people in this life is "Love". It seems to oose from you naturally or you would not have such a feel for these kids.

you've been talking and helping them till 3am "anyone would do this"........ I think your first mistake here....... no from my experience not very many people would do that. I dare say that their own parents would put them off till a more convenient time. You are there when they need you...

You cry with them...... not many people will open themselves up to others in that manor, and it lets the kids bond in ways that can't be done any other way.

"I am their friend"...... friends are very hard to find these days, and you are a blessing to these kids in letting them know how friends are supposed to be with each other.

You know, I think both God and the kids have made a pretty good choice for a mentor. And for further proof, a really good mentor does not let it go to thier head........ they just live their lives helping others and accepting the careing love returned from those they love and care for.....

You are soooooooooo blessed and don't know it.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  164
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/23/1965

I don't think you can see the forest for the trees here. What kids need the most from people in this life is "Love". It seems to oose from you naturally or you would not have such a feel for these kids. other one April 9

Amen to that other one. Lomi did you see the movie "Prince Caspian" the second of the series in The Chronicles or Narnia. I think I remember near the end of the movie Asylan told the royalty of Narnia to kneel but Prince Caspian didn't replying to Asylan in so many words he was not worthy, to which Asylan said his reply let Him know that he was more than ready to rule Narnia. I think the fact that you are concerned shows that you are ready to be a mentor. I'm not easily impress with people but Lomi from what I have seen on your posts believe me you are more than ready to be a mentor. One thing about children they know when someone truly cares for them.

I would just say remember to admit when you make mistake to the kids, which of course we all make, and from the sounds of things you know this which is good. Remember Paul's words: "And we know that all things work together for good to them that LOVE GOD, to them who are the called according to His purpose." (Romans 8:28) The children didn't chose you but Gpd Himself chose you to be their mentor. And let me remind you that "For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance." (Romans 11:29) Esther was in a similar situation and what was Mordecai responds; "...who knoweth whether thou art come to the kingdom for such a time as this?" (Esther 4:14)

Don't worry about being without mistakes (sin), but I would say ask the Holy Spirit to fill your heart with His love, oops sorry about that Lomi, I should say ask the Holy Spirit to keep His love in your heart for the children, that He has definitely already given you. Lomi Dear sister in Christ just as God my Father; "...is not ashamed to be call (your) their God..." (Hebrews 11:16) this is one brother in Christ who is not ashamed to be called your brother in the Lord.

Your brother in the LORD James