IGNORED

100 Days in Office, Obama Coronated Messiah

kat8585

Guest shiloh357
right. the people who painted these pictures of obama are actually against him. :blink:

if that's what you'd like to believe, i guess you're entitled.

The people painting these pictures sure have managed to get YOU and others to rally against Obama on this thread....so maybe it IS mission accomplished.

No, we are rallying against the pictures, that are heaping glory on him that he does not deserve.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest shiloh357
right. the people who painted these pictures of obama are actually against him. :blink:

The people painting these pictures sure have managed to get YOU and others to rally against Obama on this thread....so maybe it IS mission accomplished.

No, we are rallying against the pictures, that are heaping glory on him that he does not deserve.

Ok Shiloh.

BTW, I enjoyed talking to you again after so long apart. I haven't been able to get a rise out of you for a while now because I haven't been on a lot due to illness. Thanks, I feel better and will "see" you later.

You didn't get a "rise" out of me, if that is what you are hoping for. I was following the conversation and posting on this thread before you came back.

I am simply correctly your sloppy, backwards theology.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.49
  • Days Won:  3

I have to wonder if the artwork depicted him as Allah, if the outrage from the Muslim would illicit a response from the president? (remember the cartoons?)

What bothers me about this is not the fact that the artists did this - for they must be non-believers to do such a thing - but the fact that the President has stated that he wants to heal the wounds of this nation, yet, he knows that this sort of thing is abhorrent to the Christians and instead of making a simple statement, chooses to ignore it. Surely it's been tossed around in the white house that the "Christians" are upset. But then, perhaps he thinks we're still "bitter and clutching our bibles and guns."

I am disappointed that a president of any nation would allow such a thing.

Guest shiloh357

Ok Shiloh.

BTW, I enjoyed talking to you again after so long apart. I haven't been able to get a rise out of you for a while now because I haven't been on a lot due to illness. Thanks, I feel better and will "see" you later.

You didn't get a "rise" out of me, if that is what you are hoping for. I was following the conversation and posting on this thread before you came back.

I am simply correctly your sloppy, backwards theology.

LOL No theology on this thread.

Actually, there has been nothing BUT theology on this thread. There are those who are rightfully offended at what this artwork portrays as any real Christian should be. You have tried to turn the conversation into another bunch of conspiracy hooplah.

The fact remains that any true Christian leader should have some righteous indignation about compared to Jesus as if he was a modern day personification of Christ. For Christian leader to simply give it a pass is no different than approving of such. The Bible teaches that all glory and veneration belongs to God and God alone and if Obama were a Christian, he would take to the airwaves and ask for an immediate cessation of any and all attempts to paint him as some kind of Christ-like messiah.

That is what the apostles did, and Obama should follow their example; if he is true Christian. Your suggestion that it shows more class to ignore such things is simply crosswise with Scripture and biblical Christianity. If I were Obama, I would be less woried about appearing less classy and more worried about what continued silence in the face of undeserved praise and worship might mean for him when he stands before the throne to give an account of himself.

Guest shiloh357
I have to wonder if the artwork depicted him as Allah, if the outrage from the Muslim would illicit a response from the president? (remember the cartoons?)

What bothers me about this is not the fact that the artists did this - for they must be non-believers to do such a thing - but the fact that the President has stated that he wants to heal the wounds of this nation, yet, he knows that this sort of thing is abhorrent to the Christians and instead of making a simple statement, chooses to ignore it. Surely it's been tossed around in the white house that the "Christians" are upset. But then, perhaps he thinks we're still "bitter and clutching our bibles and guns."

Yeah, nevermind that our constitution allows for the freedom of expression. Who needs the 1st amendment anyway?

No, the 1st amendment allows for the freedom of "speech." But that freedom pertained to being able to criticize and redress the government without fear of reprisal or retribution. It does not protect all "speech."

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.49
  • Days Won:  3

Yeah, nevermind that our constitution allows for the freedom of expression. Who needs the 1st amendment anyway?

I meant that would allow it to continue unaddressed.

It doesn't bother me that Obama doesn't address this (or any other artistic rendition) publicly. He shouldn't elevate the artist by a response.

There shouldn't be any more promotion of this artist than is happening with discussions like this. If Obama ignores it, then it will disappear sooner.

But also doesn't seem to bother Obama to be glorified as a god either.

Guest shiloh357

I have to agree with this. We can't have it both ways. If that is what someone wants to paint then so what. Our government gives them that right, just as it gives citizens the right to carry guns. I remember a guns, bitter, and religion statement, but when did that turn into Christians clutching thier Bibles.

Also why should he make a statement. Once again you act like he answers to you. If he did say something would that prove his Christianity. The fact that this is only a problem is a few circles. Like I said earlier, I probably would have never heard of this if I didnt come here.

No one is suggesting anyone's freedom of speech be taken away. The fact remains that worship belongs to God and God alone, and if Obama is a true Christian, he will point people to the REAL Messiah and not accept any praise that should go to Christ.

Obama should express disdain for anyone making such charicatures of himself in such a way.

Guest shiloh357
As I said earlier, there are expectations upon the man that arent realistic.
How denouncing a picture that defies one's self unrealistic?

When will it stop. He should denounce the picture, he should do this, he's not doing that. I find it ironic that people want the man to be perfect like Christ,
cut and paste where any one said that He has to be perfect like Christ.

yet are up in arms when he has a picture made that "portrays" Christ. Cant have it both ways.
We are not asking him to be like Christ. We simply think that he should act like a Christian and denounce artwork that gives inordinate glory to him which only belongs to God.

He is a man, stop expecting him to be anything different.
Again, who has asked him to be something other than a man? Is asking him to denounce the picture an act beyond his capabilities as a man? If so, how?

Also Shiloh I would like to add. Paul and Barnabas, didnt want the people sacrificing to them. That is what they didn't want.
Yeah and they were praising them as human manifestations of the gods. Sacrificing was how they worshipped and Paul and Barnabas rightly wanted nothing of that.

Sorry ruck, but simply don't know what you are talking about and are just a making a bunch ridiculous rants.

Guest shiloh357
Sorry ruck, but simply don't know what you are talking about and are just a making a bunch ridiculous rants.

Apology accepted... :whistling:

No apology was offered.

Still waiting for that cut paste where we said that Obama has to be as perfect as Christ. Are you going to prove your accusation, or admit that you overstated our position and retract your baseless allegation?