• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

Theoretical physics, computer science.

Computer science was my major in college but once I graduated I learned AutoCad and, later, Pro-E and SolidWorks and became an engineer (there are more jobs here in Houston for process engineers.) I can see how theoretical physics would put a question mark on everything though. Have you already graduated?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Seeker
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  112
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Computer science was my major in college but once I graduated I learned AutoCad and, later, Pro-E and SolidWorks and became an engineer (there are more jobs here in Houston for process engineers.) I can see how theoretical physics would put a question mark on everything though. Have you already graduated?

I don't put much faith in education, but yes.

(As an aside, I've read good things about AutoCad, but never put much into it. I've done most of my (somewhat related) work in Maya.)

(As an aside, I've read good things about AutoCad, but never put much into it. I've done most of my (somewhat related) work in Maya.)

You use Maya in your work? I've never used it but I've heard it's pretty neat. Of course, all software today is amazing compared to the original AutoCad I used in the nineties but that was state of the art then. I don't understand why you don't put much faith in education. I mean what can one do without it? I watched members of my family struggle in low paying jobs and said "Nope! Not me!" Education makes a big difference in your quality of life.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  630
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  03/09/1990

You use Maya in your work? I've never used it but I've heard it's pretty neat. Of course, all software today is amazing compared to the original AutoCad I used in the nineties but that was state of the art then. I don't understand why you don't put much faith in education. I mean what can one do without it? I watched members of my family struggle in low paying jobs and said "Nope! Not me!" Education makes a big difference in your quality of life.

A lot of what you learn doesn't do much for the Lord, though! A lot. That's my beef with it. But you can't really avoid it now. Even seminary requires an undergraduate degree in useless knowledge.

A lot of what you learn doesn't do much for the Lord, though! A lot. That's my beef with it. But you can't really avoid it now. Even seminary requires an undergraduate degree in useless knowledge.

That's true, Pokemaughan, but most of us are not called to ministry. I was a believer then, in 1992, but a lukewarm one; I regret the years I wasted before I gave my life to the Lord, for sure.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  630
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  03/09/1990

I'd say knowledge is never useless.

Well of course I'm speaking from an eternal standpoint. Here on Earth certain fields are largely beneficial to society and humanity and so on... but my focus is what benefits God and the saving of souls! :noidea:

I suppose I should say formalized education. ;)

I suppose I should say formalized education. :thumbsup:

I really can't argue this because some of the smartest people I know have no degree but, instead, have educated themselves to the point where they can routinely outshine degreed people. I work with a couple of them.

I suppose I should say formalized education. ;)

I really can't argue this because some of the smartest people I know have no degree but, instead, have educated themselves to the point where they can routinely outshine degreed people. I work with a couple of them.

Exactly. Personal interest and dedication is what's important, wherever you intend to obtain your education from. :)