Guest man

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  334
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  4

If you get a thread going on Calvinism, you'll just get tired of reading after fifty or sixty pages with no real conclusion.

Google Calvinism and read up on it for yourself, you'll save a lot of time and frustration.

I honestly don't want to read about Calvinism. I don't even know what it is. All I know is that I asked God to come into my life and He did. I made the decision to change my life and give it to God. Does that mean I'm not saved? I don't get it.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,069
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  5

If you get a thread going on Calvinism, you'll just get tired of reading after fifty or sixty pages with no real conclusion.

Google Calvinism and read up on it for yourself, you'll save a lot of time and frustration.

I honestly don't want to read about Calvinism. I don't even know what it is. All I know is that I asked God to come into my life and He did. I made the decision to change my life and give it to God. Does that mean I'm not saved? I don't get it.

Calvinism teaches that you had no choice in the matter. God's "irresistible grace" caused you to accept Him . . . not your free will.

Calvinism teaches that you had no choice in the matter. God's "irresistible grace" caused you to accept Him . . . not your free will.

I don't know how I feel about that. I think we should start a new thread. It would be interesting.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

I don't know how I feel about that. I think we should start a new thread. It would be interesting.

There are many threads you can search for that have the debate. Here is one that is pinned and still active ... http://www.worthychristianforums.com/Calvi...nius-t7485.html

There are many threads you can search for that have the debate. Here is one that is pinned and still active ... http://www.worthychristianforums.com/Calvi...nius-t7485.html

Yikes that's a long thread. :whistling: I don't think I'll participate in that one. lol

Yikes that's a long thread. :) I don't think I'll participate in that one. lol

If you read it, you will have an understanding on the differences. That was what you wanted, is it not? :emot-hug:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,973
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/13/1953

Since I think the beast is islam I went looking to see if there was something similar in their teachings and found (I'll have to find it again) that there is indeed a mark of islam, allahs name written on the forehead with letter symbols if I remember right. Supposedly islam, to counter act the 'false' sealing of the 144 thousand, all of islam, will be required to have the mark on their foreheads. Anyone not taking this will may be killed. Also I understand as the years go by and those who prostrate themselves faithfully seem to develop a black mark on their foreheads, thought that was interesting.

I have begun to read the Qur'an in an effort to fight against the false belief that there is such a thing as a moderate Muslim. So please if you could tell me where you got this info.

Walid Shoebat and Joel Richardson co-wrote a book called G-ds War On Terror. Also this past weekend Calvary Chapel had Shoebat for a speaker and he described the mark also. Theres another guy out there but vids of his are hard to find on the net his name is Mani Erfan, he does have a few youtubes, the titles are What Every Christian Should Know About Islam. For a really good (I think) biblical view as to why islam is the beast is Rico Cortes, he is a messianic or hebrew roots teacher but his biblical explanations are completely roted in scriptures, I can give you the links if you are interested. I will try and find the particular study about this and if I forget to post it please remind me. As far as the black mark goes you can find that with a google search there are many articles about that I believe.

Yes I am very interested. The Qur'ran has proved to be an interesting read. I am only into the book 60 or so pages and I have already found several verses that controdict each other. A verse that advocates beating your wife into submission. The Qur'ran uses the word "We" when supposedly God is speaking but the Qur'an says that God does not have more then one entity. I have many questions that need to be answered from an Islamic prospective.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

If you read it, you will have an understanding on the differences. That was what you wanted, is it not? :emot-hug:

Alright I read some of it. Wow. Never even heard of that. Thanks for sharing the link. :)

If you read it, you will have an understanding on the differences. That was what you wanted, is it not? :laugh:

Alright I read some of it. Wow. Never even heard of that. Thanks for sharing the link. :thumbsup:

You're welcome ... it does dig deep into why people believe what they believe. :emot-hug: