~Shalhevet~

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  9

It was very scary watching an asthmatic 2 1/2 year old struggle to breath and be on suction and oxygen and other medical equipment. If a child is compromised by breathing and heart problems, it is not just another case of flu.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

I said in an earlier post, we should be praying for malaria if we are praying against any epidemic. It kills more people worldwide than any other disease, and it is so easy to prevent, or at the very least reduce. It is the number one killer of children world wide. I have seen its effects on whole communities and have prayed over ice cold, yellow skinned babies, who are breathing their last in their mothers arms under some lonely tree in the middle of nowhere. The situation seems so hopeless then, because it is close, you have touched it, and all you can do is call out to Jesus. (and then go away and cry under another lonely tree in the middle of nowhere, where only He can hear you)

Blessings

• Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  9

I said in an earlier post, we should be praying for malaria if we are praying against any epidemic. It kills more people worldwide than any other disease, and it is so easy to prevent, or at the very least reduce. It is the number one killer of children world wide. I have seen its effects on whole communities and have prayed over ice cold, yellow skinned babies, who are breathing their last in their mothers arms under some lonely tree in the middle of nowhere. The situation seems so hopeless then, because it is close, you have touched it, and all you can do is call out to Jesus. (and then go away and cry under another lonely tree in the middle of nowhere, where only He can hear you)

Blessings

I pray for all little babies who are on the verge of breathing their last breath. No matter where you are in the world - if you are a mother of one of these ill children - there is a singular misery like no other in knowing that you've done all you can do, and it wasn't good enough..... :) and giving that child to God.

• Topic Count:  334
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  4

That's interesting..... I had the flu three weeks ago. Does that mean I'm not the Lord's? It's really easy to take this scripture and beat people with it as being their fault if anything bad comes into their lives....... Thousands upon thousands of the first century Christians killed by Nero would disagree.

That's not what I meant. I'm sorry if I made you feel that way. I'm just trying to get some uplifting scriptures for people who are worried.

That's interesting..... I had the flu three weeks ago. Does that mean I'm not the Lord's? It's really easy to take this scripture and beat people with it as being their fault if anything bad comes into their lives....... Thousands upon thousands of the first century Christians killed by Nero would disagree.

That's not what I meant. I'm sorry if I made you feel that way. I'm just trying to get some uplifting scriptures for people who are worried.

Bless you asecretchord, I for one know what you meant, and I am sure that others do to! And the way I feel about praying over a sick baby has nothing to do with any person at all, it's between me, my fallibilities in not being able to heal by faith in prayer every time, and God. Everyone lost hurts, thats all.

Blessings

There's a bit of a panic going around here and I want to put more scriptures up on my facebook for people to calm them. I don't like seeing people worry so much about something that's in God's hands. I can't imagine not having God in my life right now. I know I would be a total mess right now without faith.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  519
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/28/1980

I am not worried about this flu, as I do not worry about it any other year. I try to trust in God.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,267
  • Content Per Day:  4.97
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

BTW, if you do get the flu, the main fighting tool you have is a rise in your temperature...... the more feaver reducing medication you take, the longer you'll be sick. Up to 103 or so, just let it go, and you'll be well sooner.

Are you a Doctor or nurse?

There's a bit of a panic going around here and I want to put more scriptures up on my facebook for people to calm them. I don't like seeing people worry so much about something that's in God's hands. I can't imagine not having God in my life right now. I know I would be a total mess right now without faith.

Hey! Wouldn't we all :)

I am not worried about this flu, as I do not worry about it any other year. I try to trust in God.

As do I. Unfortunately, a lot of people are being tested right now. Not just unbelievers are panicking but believers as well.