JIME

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

Evolution is a THEORY -- nothing else. A theory is something that hasn't been solidly proven YET. If you press any scientist against a corner he'll admit that this is fact: evolution is just a theory.

This is the point that is often lost in the shuffle.....a theory is only a sum of best guesses.

Oh dear...how many times do I have to post the s-c-i-e-n-t-i-f-i-c definition of a theory before you get it?

"The scientific definition of the word "theory" is different from the colloquial sense of the word. Colloquially, "theory" can mean a conjecture, an opinion, or a speculation that does not have to be based on facts or make testable predictions. In science, the meaning of theory is more rigorous: a theory must be based on observed facts and make testable predictions.

In science, a current theory is a theory that has no equally acceptable or more acceptable alternative theory, and has survived attempts at falsification. That is, there have been no observations made which contradict it to this point."

Are we clear now? Evolution is both theory and fact.

You don't need to post your definition at all, C.C., because I have posted what I regard as the definition of a theory. I didn't mention 'scientific' anything; there ARE other things in the world, ya know?

Are we clear now? :whistling:

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ditchens
Evolution is a THEORY -- nothing else. A theory is something that hasn't been solidly proven YET. If you press any scientist against a corner he'll admit that this is fact: evolution is just a theory.

This is the point that is often lost in the shuffle.....a theory is only a sum of best guesses.

Oh dear...how many times do I have to post the s-c-i-e-n-t-i-f-i-c definition of a theory before you get it?

"The scientific definition of the word "theory" is different from the colloquial sense of the word. Colloquially, "theory" can mean a conjecture, an opinion, or a speculation that does not have to be based on facts or make testable predictions. In science, the meaning of theory is more rigorous: a theory must be based on observed facts and make testable predictions.

In science, a current theory is a theory that has no equally acceptable or more acceptable alternative theory, and has survived attempts at falsification. That is, there have been no observations made which contradict it to this point."

You don't need to post your definition at all, C.C., because I have posted what I regard as the definition of a theory. I didn't mention 'scientific' anything; there ARE other things in the world, ya know?

Are we clear now? :rolleyes:

What other definition of theory is there aside from the scientific? Just because you regard a theory as something that may or may not be true does not mean that that is actually how it is. You have no authority to proclaim how to define something.

ps.-evolution is TRUE.

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

You have no authority to proclaim how to define something.

ps.-evolution is TRUE.

Nor, Mr.atheistpostingonaChristianwebsite, do you.

P.S. Evolution is what God says it is. :rolleyes:

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  2
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I don't know about anybody else, but I have gotten tired of the whole evolution LIE!!!

I Am a Christian and I support the evolution theory as the scientific correct explanation. I have no problems to accommodate that with my (conservative traditionalist) Christian faith.

I have actually made an video explaining my view on tangle (Christian Youtube). You can watch the video on the following link:

*****Edit Links************

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

I don't know about anybody else, but I have gotten tired of the whole evolution LIE!!!

I Am a Christian and I support the evolution theory as the scientific correct explanation. I have no problems to accommodate that with my (conservative traditionalist) Christian faith.

I have actually made an video explaining my view on tangle (Christian Youtube). You can watch the video on the following link:

*******EditLinks**********

No thank you

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  120
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  382
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  01/08/1964

In science, the meaning of theory is more rigorous: a theory must be based on observed facts and make testable predictions.

Really?? When did you ever observe nothing exploding into something? When did you ever observe one kind of animal transform into another kind of animal?

That is because evolutionists change their facts to fit their theory whenever they are about to be contradicted and their theory proven false.

theory=Macro-evolution

fact=Micro-evolution

Yeah, I got it!!!!! :emot-hug:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  120
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  382
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  01/08/1964

*****Edit Links************

:emot-hug: How can you speak of being a Christian and believer in macro-evolution in the same sentence!!

Read the scriptures. Macro-evolution didn't happen!!!

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  23

Ah conspiracy theories. Well, whatever takes up your time I guess. I would use it for more important things, but that's just me.

It IS a conspiracy but it's not a theory....everyone knows the root of the denial of Creation. :emot-hug:

Yeah, logic.

No, fear.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  23

There is no 'factual' evidence of evolution. There are and have been mutations that have occurred, that is not evolution, it is what it is, a mutation.

If evolution were a fact it would be a scientific 'law', not a theory.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,683
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  02/14/1962

Evolutionists everywhere: Admit there is a God who created all things and this debate will come to a end!!

I mean really, after seeing everything there is on earth and even more in the Universe, how could they have not been Created!!!

This scripture is applicable to everyone with the Evolutionary mindset:

Romans 1:18-22 (AMP)

18 For God