• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

"The comfort zone is the danger zone." Daniel Henderson

Too many churches do not preach the truth for fear of making their congregation uncomfortable. It is our calling and duty to make one another uncomfortable! Iron sharpens iron, and when that happens sparks are bound to fly.

Many times on Worthy I have given an opinion only to be asked, "prove it with scripture". (One.. person in particular :laugh: ) Now three things happen :whistling: I get indignant that someone is questioning my opinion......ummm......Wrong :rolleyes: I can't find the scripture that I need because I don't know my bible as well as I should....Wrong :rolleyes: I know the scripture, or I know where in the bible to go and look for it.... Right :thumbsup:

I am then in the position that I can argue and discuss the point in question, and even if we tend to still disagree in our interpretation, at least the interpretation is based on the Word, and not a worldly opinion.

Blessings

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I agree to what has been stated. What I believed was a sign for me was the acceptance of some denominations on accepting Homosexuality which is a very telling sign. And for someone like me who is coming out of that lifestyle, it is very disheartening to see that. It is also confusing to others who are wanting the light of the word of God to light their way to freedom. As I read that passage I wondered about if that meant that people were starting to fall away from the truth. As it seems to be a domino affect with the churches. As as the churches go, its really the people in them.

memorykeeper

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,931
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  07/13/1955

I agree to what has been stated. What I believed was a sign for me was the acceptance of some denominations on accepting Homosexuality which is a very telling sign. And for someone like me who is coming out of that lifestyle, it is very disheartening to see that. It is also confusing to others who are wanting the light of the word of God to light their way to freedom. As I read that passage I wondered about if that meant that people were starting to fall away from the truth. As it seems to be a domino affect with the churches. As as the churches go, its really the people in them.

memorykeeper

In a certain sense, it's a separating of the wheat and tares, the messengers (Gr: Angelos) are the angels of separation, but do remember that the word 'angels' does not always mean the angels of God, it also means earthly messengers. The message taught by earthly messengers (pastors, teachers) whether correct or incorrect, and those who listen to it are often determiners of orthodoxy and unorthodoxy: ear-ticklers versus heart-reachers.

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  194

The Bible warns of a One World Church that will exist during the Tribulation. A popular teaching already is spreading like wildfire that 'all roads lead to God.' This is, and will be embraced by many people. But it is a trick of the enemy of our souls! Because Jesus Christ emphatically said regarding Himself, "I am the Way, the Truth and the Life... No man comes unto God the Father except through ME." He is the Door we must enter in, in order to be Saved and enter Heaven. I think there is a mass deception by Satan going on right now, in preparation for the eventual One World Church, that will rule the world. I've noticed how compromising ones once-held firm beliefs in ALL OF the Bible today is popular. Because standing by those 'old fashioned' ways...such as proclaiming the entire Gospel boldly and calling sins sin are often termed as unloving and arguementative. The devil is shrewd and knows it is easier to just tone things down in the name of peace. But it is ultimately false 'peace' that will usher in the Anti-Christ! The lifestyle of holiness God clearly instructs us to pursue in His Bible will be forgotten in the name of unity...And I believe that the only way that this can be accomplished is by watering down the Word of God. In other words: to avoid preaching on anything offensive, to twist the verses to your own meaning, use only the pleasant passages that would be in the ear tickling style or sometimes avoid using the Scriptures altogether!... Reading out of books men authored rather than the Bible, which God authored. It is sad, but true. But I deefinitely see it as a sign of the times. As the soon return of Jesus. We were warned in Scripture to be ready at all times...to stay right with God. There is the verse that says, "When these things begin to happen, LOOK UP...for your redemption draws near." We are told to take comfort in this and it is called our 'blessed hope'. I know that on the one hand, it is definitely troubling and unsettling to see people turning away from the truths they once knew...I do feel the same way about that. It is somewhat scary and truely sad. That is why we are told by God in Scripture to "Hold fast to that which you first believed." and assured by the Lord that, "He is able to keep you from falling." I hope these verses are of some help. :rolleyes:

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  13
  • Birthday:  07/28/1947

It seems that the people or leaders or pastors that will fall away are a part of the "church organization". Now whether they were actually born again Christians --- one has to wonder. It would seem

that if that was the case they should be shaking in their boots so to speak when they consider their actions that they are taking. Perhaps they really do not believe the scriptures. We must remember that even when we consider the apostles, ==== Judus Iscariot was one of Jesus twelve apostles for sure but was actually never one of them in spirit, as the scripture expains.

The pastors may have a desire to fill up the pews which relates to the potential of more funding for their church, -- so these pastors may tickle the ears of their people rather than tell them Bible truths. Such wolfs in sheeps clothing are troublesome for sure, but at the same there actions verify scripture.

The Bold Believer person mentioned the wheat and the tares which sure is valid in this discussion.

• Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,931
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  07/13/1955

The Bible warns of a One World Church that will exist during the Tribulation. A popular teaching already is spreading like wildfire that 'all roads lead to God.' This is, and will be embraced by many people. But it is a trick of the enemy of our souls! Because Jesus Christ emphatically said regarding Himself, "I am the Way, the Truth and the Life... No man comes unto God the Father except through ME." He is the Door we must enter in, in order to be Saved and enter Heaven. I think there is a mass deception by Satan going on right now, in preparation for the eventual One World Church, that will rule the world. I've noticed how compromising ones once-held firm beliefs in ALL OF the Bible today is popular. Because standing by those 'old fashioned' ways...such as proclaiming the entire Gospel boldly and calling sins sin are often termed as unloving and arguementative. The devil is shrewd and knows it is easier to just tone things down in the name of peace. But it is ultimately false 'peace' that will usher in the Anti-Christ! The lifestyle of holiness God clearly instructs us to pursue in His Bible will be forgotten in the name of unity...And I believe that the only way that this can be accomplished is by watering down the Word of God. In other words: to avoid preaching on anything offensive, to twist the verses to your own meaning, use only the pleasant passages that would be in the ear tickling style or sometimes avoid using the Scriptures altogether!... Reading out of books men authored rather than the Bible, which God authored. It is sad, but true. But I deefinitely see it as a sign of the times. As the soon return of Jesus. We were warned in Scripture to be ready at all times...to stay right with God. There is the verse that says, "When these things begin to happen, LOOK UP...for your redemption draws near." We are told to take comfort in this and it is called our 'blessed hope'. I know that on the one hand, it is definitely troubling and unsettling to see people turning away from the truths they once knew...I do feel the same way about that. It is somewhat scary and truely sad. That is why we are told by God in Scripture to "Hold fast to that which you first believed." and assured by the Lord that, "He is able to keep you from falling." I hope these verses are of some help. :whistling:

I love you friend, but the Scripture says no such thing about a "One World Church" in the manner in which you mean it. The Church (see Daniel 2) fills the whole world with the teachings of Christ (which it has done and is doing) and was commissioned by Jesus to do so in Matthew 28 at his coronation. There IS a mass deception of Satan going on right now, on this you're absolutely correct, it's called Gog and Magog. Satan is deceiving and has deceived the unbelievers of the world into forming an army which stands against all we believe as Christians and that army is attacking the Church (the world wide body of born again believers) on a primarily ideological basis. The attack sometimes does spill over into literal persecution, yes, but not always of a violent nature.

As for this so-called antichrist, I challenge you to find the term anywhere outside of the letters of John. John defines the antichrist as anyone who does not believe that Jesus has come in the flesh, a polemic against Gnostic heretics of his day.

Our blessed hope is THE RESURRECTION. Nothing else.

The thing Jesus told the Believers to look for was His coming in judgment on those who persecuted them (i.e.: Rome and the apostate Jewish authorities of that time). This occurred in 70 AD when General Titus and the Roman army destroyed the city and razed the temple.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  4
  • Birthday:  02/10/1959

I believe "apostasy" should be read in as close to the common-sense meaning as possible. It's not a hidden code or secret message about any specific church or belief or doctrine. It's a more fundamental, basic move away from godly concerns. When people put priority on something other than the things that come from God, they are guilty of apostasy - falling away from God.

And it's when most people fall away from God that we come closest to the Tribulation.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

What does it mean in the bible when it refers to the "falling away" or apostasy before the 'son of perdition is revealed'? Is that referring to christians that are not christians any more or who have given up the Lord? were these christians ever christians in the first place or did something happen to them at this time to make them leave from following the Lord?

memorykeeper

do you know that there is a committy that is meeting in Australia in December that will be working on the plan for a ONE WORLD CHURCH????? YEP, it is happening....

just as the group is meeting in Denmark in December to work on the ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT...... yep it is happening.....

YAHOOOOO SOON AND VERY SOON, WE ARE GOING TO SEE THE KING.... SOON AND VERY SOON WE ARE GOING TO SEE THE KING........

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

What does it mean in the bible when it refers to the "falling away" or apostasy before the 'son of perdition is revealed'? Is that referring to christians that are not christians any more or who have given up the Lord? were these christians ever christians in the first place or did something happen to them at this time to make them leave from following the Lord?

memorykeeper

do you know that there is a committy that is meeting in Australia in December that will be working on the plan for a ONE WORLD CHURCH????? YEP, it is happening....

just as the group is meeting in Denmark in December to work on the ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT...... yep it is happening.....

YAHOOOOO SOON AND VERY SOON, WE ARE GOING TO SEE THE KING.... SOON AND VERY SOON WE ARE GOING TO SEE THE KING........

:noidea:

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,683
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/14/1962

memorykeeper

If they truly became Christians, I don't see how they could lose that.