• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.93
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

This wasn't a "bold stroke of genius" planned by the almighty Israel to teach anybody a lesson. It was an error. A political misstep. Israeli leaders from Netanyahu on down have been apologizing because they realize something that apparently many of you guys don't...Israel flubbed a bit on this one.

But did "Israel" flub, or just one politician within Israel?

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,292
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  0

No I was critical of the conservatives in Israel who backed the disengagement. I have been critical of every conservative politician in Israel that has caved to insane demands that open Israel up to more terrorism. I am critical of the liberals, as they are more dangerous than terrorists, but even Israel's conservative politicians have their problems as well.

I have also been very critical of corrupt conservatives in Israel who wrongfully line their pockets with US foreign aid, and who constantly claim to need US foreign aid when it is clear that Israel's economy could exist quite well without it. I have been very critical of the intellectually dishonesty where this articifical need for our money is concerned. They want it to pad their pockets and it is high time the Israelis stop sucking at the US teet and employ the integrity to voluntarily cut themselves off. Unfortunately, political corruption on both the liberal conservative sides prevents that from happening.

You know nothing about me and you don't know what you are talking about when it comes to Israel. You have a big mouth and think your the end all, be all of every topic you enter into, but this is something you nothing about and really have nothing credible to offer.

And yes, you are misrepresenting me. You operate from the premise that I think Israel can do no wrong and you simply don't have a clue. In the end, you are nothing but an ignorant bag of hot air.

LOL!! So basically...you are saying that if I am critical of Nancy Pelosi...then I am being critical of America. Uh no...I am being critical of Pelosi and her idea's. BUT...and it pains me to say this because of the way you treat people...I see your point, and I'll consider it. I don't necessarily know if I agree that disagreeing with individual people and idea's is the same as being critical of a country...but you have forced me to consider it. And I will.

Wouldn't it have been kool if you could have made that point without calling me an "ignorant bag of hot air?" Or...maybe you get added pleasure from totally flaming people and making them consider a good point you made. :taped:

There is nothing extreme about my defense of Israel. I am not calling for anyone's death, nor am I calling for any injustice toward the Palestinians. I simply know how to defend Israel and how to examine the immediate context of the situation than you do.

Yes...you've already made clear that you are in the minds of the Israeli leaders. You know their thoughts and motivations better than they do. Who can compete with that? LOL!

...still making this about something other than what it is/was....

A friend who lives in Jerusalem sent out the results of a poll from Haaretz (an Israeli news source) -

Poll: What should Bibi tell Biden about Jerusalem building?

Published:Mar 11, 2010 / Adar 25, 5770

943 Total Votes

70.9% Mind your own Business

25.5% Jerusalem is not part of the freeze

3.4% Sorry, it was just bad timing

Kool...i agree with them!

But again...the error that they made wasn't in the building of the houses. I think we all agree that Israel can build on their land...and I've never said otherwise. Joe Biden is 100% wrong on his opinion on the building of houses. How can I make this any more clear to you guys?

Now...you need to keep your friend honest. This is not a poll from Haaretz. This is a poll from an Israeli media network identifying with religious zionism....Arutz Sheva. Its basically like posting a CBS poll saying that 80% of Americans disapprove of Obama...but the poll was really from FoxNews.

This wasn't a "bold stroke of genius" planned by the almighty Israel to teach anybody a lesson. It was an error. A political misstep. Israeli leaders from Netanyahu on down have been apologizing because they realize something that apparently many of you guys don't...Israel flubbed a bit on this one.

But did "Israel" flub, or just one politician within Israel?

Its an extremely valid question. I think because of the international stage that these meetings were held on...it reflects on Israel and its leadership. I mean, if Pelosi, Biden, or even Bush "flubbed" on the international stage it represents America. But, they are our allies, and their genuine apology reflects on Israel too...in a positive way.

I would like to point out that your question is kinda what I conceeded to Shiloh in my last post to him.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.93
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I would like to point out that your question is kinda what I conceeded to Shiloh in my last post to him.

I saw that . . . after I posted what you quoted.

It's likely that this could be a response from Israel to Obama for sending the pointless VP Joe Biden instead of Secretary of State Clinton as we have been doing...but I doubt it. Their government is quite often being run by many different people at once.

Hey Yod...

that doesn't really build confidence in the gov't of Israel does it? If our allies are upset at us...aren't there better ways of handling it than playing one-up-manship type of games? I personally just don't believe thats what this is, so I am in agreement with you. I would be upset at Israel (or America) if that type of petty garbage was going on. The truth is...thats exactly what this looked like to many people when it first happened, and thats why it upset me and many others. In the aftermath, Israel has explained what happened, they have apologized more than enough...and it was accepted, and its over.

I saw that . . . after I posted what you quoted.

:taped:

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.07
  • Days Won:  78

In an effort to throw water on this growing fire, Axx.....I have to point out that no amount of support for Israel is extreme. God wants us to support them and we (those who love Israel) take them warts and all. :taped:

I agree that we love Israel...warts and all. I never said that my desire to see Israel prosper, have peace, or anything else has wavered. My love and commitment to Israel is on par with my love for my own country...in other words, I couldn't be more loyal...and I would fight for either one. With that said...I can be highly critical of my own country (and I have been), Israel can be criticized too.

I disagree that extremism is okay. Extremism implies that you are pushing the boundaries, taking things too far...at least thats how I view extremism.

I think of extreme support as okay when we're talking about Israel. They are SO alone in the world, except for us, and I don't think overlooking a faux pas is too much. It's okay to criticize them (and Washington) as long as the support stays in place; and Israel's enemies KNOW it's in place. Of course, they do have a big card up their sleeve....God.

.... terms "fanboy" and "zealot"....

Sweet Talker!

>>>>>()<<<<<

Tomorrow's Headlines

And they shall bring all your brethren for an offering unto the LORD out of all nations upon horses, and in chariots, and in litters, and upon mules, and upon swift beasts, to my holy mountain Jerusalem, saith the LORD, as the children of Israel bring an offering in a clean vessel into the house of the LORD. Isaiah 66:20

From Yesterday's Post

Is Ephraim my dear son? is he a pleasant child? for since I spake against him, I do earnestly remember him still: therefore my bowels are troubled for him; I will surely have mercy upon him, saith the LORD. Jeremiah 31:20

God Is Good

Truly God is good to Israel, even to such as are of a clean heart. Psalms 73:1