e lansing

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.06
  • Days Won:  78

You know my view. If someone defines their self as Christian and tries to live a Christian life then who else can judge their sincerity but God? It is not my place to judge, and it is not your place. That is my opinion.

A Christian knows another; the requirements are not set by me. Again, you've no idea what a Christian believes.

Your view, if I be so bold, is to make the determination by learning whether or not others share your Christian views. If they do then they are Christian, if they deviate too much in the wrong areas then they are false Christians.

Nope; wrong again. I listen to what they say; if they deny Scripture, they aren't true Christians.

Sincerity of belief does not enter into it for you. I don't know how you make that determination unless you claim to know the mind of God. Do you?

Nope; and neither do you. Sincerity won't get one into the Kingdom. There is only one way through that door.

I would extend to you what you would withhold from others -- the right to call yourself a Christian.

I don't need anyone's permission to call myself a Christian, Marsh. I'm a true believer and a daughter of the most High King. Those who reject the Word are CINOs.

Dictionary Definition: delusion -- an idiosyncratic belief or impression maintained despite being contradicted by reality or rational argument, typically as a symptom of mental disorder. Morninglory, are you saying that everyone who disagrees with you on religious matters is delusional?

Nope; they have to agree with the Lord, not me. But thanks for that great definition.

Once again, may I quote you? Really MorningGlory, your epithets are inventive. :noidea: If I were a son of the father of lies I would know God exists. I do not, and that is not a lie, my friend.

So you say.

You deny I am worried about the loss of Christian faith? Have you even asked me if I was concerned about this? Truth be told I don't worry that Christians are losing their faith. If a Christian -- my definition of a Christian, not yours -- loses his/her faith it bothers me not in the least

Thank you for confirming my statement.

If memory serves me correct I made the argument that a literal interpretation of Genesis can lead to atheism. You 'jeered'. So I responded that I wouldn't "follow you around the mulberry bush" again. You seem frequently to respond to posts with ridicule rather than arguments. It makes me wonder if you are standing mute because you lack answers?

If there's one thing no one will ever acuse me of, it's standing mute.

PS I hope I don't come across as too abrassive. You are quite forward in your responses and I thought I would try the same approach. :group-hug:

Abrasive? No, not at all. I appreciate a forward response, Marsh. Shrinking violets don't last long on this board.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

marsh, If you don't mind I would like to hear your response to my post on page 4 about the genesis account. I honestly don't want to debate you, just understand your views more and discuss my own.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,878
  • Content Per Day:  8.05
  • Days Won:  77
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Abrasive? No, not at all. I appreciate a forward response, Marsh. Shrinking violets don't last long on this board.

Is that why I'm so wilted? :group-hug:

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.06
  • Days Won:  78

Is that why I'm so wilted? :group-hug:

You don't come across as 'wilted' at all. My point is that, if one is timid and easily hurt, they just won't last here.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.22
  • Content Count:  4,274
  • Content Per Day:  4.72
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

You are referring to original sin I suppose. Jesus died to save us from original sin. That's a good point. I never actually thought of that before. What would Lurker's response be? I'll have to think about that and look into how other 'Christians', who accept evolution, respond to the charge that their beliefs make Jesus irrelevant.

When we get into Adam and Eve we're really not so much talking about problems with the ToE as much as we are talking about multiple contradictions with archeology. By 6,000 years ago we already have numerous independent civilizations starting to spring up around the world so it's clear that if Adam and Eve where historical figures they couldn't have lived in that time but would need to have lived at least 50,000 years ago. Again, this has absolutely nothing to do with evolution, we're dealing strictly with archaeology at this point.

On the other hand I don't particularly think the doctrine of original sin is particularly well understood as the NT makes it abundantly clear that while all men are sinful it is our own sins for which we need to be redeemed, not the sins of others. In this sense we do not require a historical Adam sinning 6,000 years ago to require salvation, all we need is sin in our own lives which is plentiful but is also dependent upon our being able to understand our own decisions.

The issue of whether Adam and Eve are historical figures or metaphorical sterotypes is a difficult one and there is a very real possibility that they were both historical and stereotypes for humanity. However, unless God created fake evidence for multiple people groups around the world synonymously with Adam and Eve they did not live 6,000 years ago. A short and really well-put discussion of this important issue can be found here:

What Are We to Make of Adam and Eve?

Lurker

You ought to be ashamed of yourself. How disgusting. To call God a liar. But I know you don't care, you'll tell any lie that comes out of your pea mind. I have a special prayer for you.

I figure that this post will be deleted because of the TOS, but at least I'll have the satisfaction of knowing that you read it.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  828
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/28/1980

Who called God a liar? Evolution is not a sheep in wolf's clothing. It is a scientific fact. It is as true as gravity. It is at the very cornerstone of Modern biology. The fact that your view of interpretation of genesis 1 contradicts truth doesn't make God a liar. It makes your interpretation wrong. I will be praying for you.

Peace

Then again called they the man that was blind, and said unto him, Give God the praise: we know that this man is a sinner.

He answered and said, Whether he be a sinner or no, I know not: one thing I know, that, whereas I was blind, now I see.

John 9:24-25

>>>>>()<<<<<<

You have a pretty serious case of being an atheist and I deny that you are worried that Christians may lose their faith. You're a pure bred son of the father of lies, my friend.[

Once again, may I quote you? Really MorningGlory, your epithets are inventive. :emot-hug: If I were a son of the father of lies I would know God exists. I do not, and that is not a lie, my friend.

You deny I am worried about the loss of Christian faith? Have you even asked me if I was concerned about this? Truth be told I don't worry that Christians are losing their faith. If a Christian -- my definition of a Christian, not yours -- loses his/her faith it bothers me not in the least. What you mistook for a feigned concern was merely a recognition by me that Lurker was correct in his assumption that the insistence on a literal interpretation of Genesis is bad for a continued belief in God. I've explained in other posts how I know this, so I won't go into the reasons again -- unless you ask me. :D

Ah! Poor Marsh!

O taste and see that the LORD is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him. Psalms 34:8

Shame! You And Lurker Both Should Know Better!

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. Psalms 119:160

Yet Once Again You Parrot Itinerant's Mocking Testimony That A Firm Stance On The Truth Of God's Word

Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.

Then answered Peter and said unto him, Declare unto us this parable.

And Jesus said, Are ye also yet without understanding?

Do not ye yet understand, that whatsoever entereth in at the mouth goeth into the belly, and is cast out into the draught?

But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.

For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies: Matthew 14:19

Will Somehow Make One Witlessly Faithless When Suffering Exposure To Men's Philosophical Fables

Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. Colossians 2:8

Don't You Know You Will Never Win A Battle Of "The Dozens" With The Truth

Surely your turning of things upside down shall be esteemed as the potter's clay: for shall the work say of him that made it, He made me not? or shall the thing framed say of him that framed it, He had no understanding? Isaiah 29:16

Using Man's Fables As An Excuse To Call The Power Of Jesus A Lie

For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

And he is before all things, and by him all things consist. Colossians 1:16-17

Spurning The Master's Voice

Jesus said unto them, If ye were blind, ye should have no sin: but now ye say, We see; therefore your sin remaineth. John 9:41

And Starting With The Start Of It All

Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.

And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.

And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made. Genesis 2:1-3

Both Of You Insist The Creator Of Time Doesn't Know How To Tell Time, Literally

And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed. Romans 13:11

>>>>>()<<<<<

Literally

He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day. John 12:48

Every Word

Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth. John 17:17

Literally

And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. Revelation 20:12

>>>>>()<<<<<

Dear Marsh The Next Time You Look Upon The Massive Layers Of Fossils From The Great Flood, Remember His Wrath

And all flesh died that moved upon the earth, both of fowl, and of cattle, and of beast, and of every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth, and every man:

All in whose nostrils was the breath of life, of all that was in the dry land, died.

And every living substance was destroyed which was upon the face of the ground, both man, and cattle, and the creeping things, and the fowl of the heaven; and they were destroyed from the earth: and Noah only remained alive, and they that were with him in the ark. Genesis 7:21-23

And The Awesome Gift Of His Holy Blood Shed For The Redemption Of Sins

Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;

But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot: 1 Peter 1:18-19

And Know That Every Day You Will Make A Choice

He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him. John 3:36

Choose Wisely....

Love, Joe

But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you,

who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.

And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you:

whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not,

and their damnation slumbereth not. 2 Peter 2:1-3

And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered:

for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance,

as the LORD hath said, and in the remnant

whom the LORD shall call. Joel 2:32

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  895
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  1

Who called God a liar? Evolution is not a sheep in wolf's clothing. It is a scientific fact. It is as true as gravity. It is at the very cornerstone of Modern biology. The fact that your view of interpretation of genesis 1 contradicts truth doesn't make God a liar. It makes your interpretation wrong. I will be praying for you.

Peace

You mean to tell me that it is acceptable to you that science has the right to teach that there is no God, humans evolved from anthropoids, all creatures we see today came from some common ancestor, pinetrees come from dogs,and life has no meaning? If you are a Christian, how can you accept these as fact and and reject Genesis 1 and 2? Even is you are an evolutionist, it takes more faith to accept these as fact, than it would to believe that there is a Creator God. If evolution was true where is one transitional fossil, or a single common ancestor fossil, if the earth 3.8 billions years old why hasent the earth produce something close to these outlandish claims? If the earth is 3.8 billins years old, evolutionist claim that would be long enough time to see some of these incredible claims, they got ZERO! How long does it take for something like a human gene or eye to evolve? How about impossible! So what came first in the evolution process, the brain, lung, or heart, knowing that either of them can not survive one without the other? Why can't evolutionist reproduce any of these things, since they claim to know how it came about? If evolution was true in these regards, the earth would provide proof for their claims, but its not and thats because the earth belongs to the God of the Bible and His creation confirms Him alone.

btw, pray for yourself!

e

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  895
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  1

You are referring to original sin I suppose. Jesus died to save us from original sin. That's a good point. I never actually thought of that before. What would Lurker's response be? I'll have to think about that and look into how other 'Christians', who accept evolution, respond to the charge that their beliefs make Jesus irrelevant.

When we get into Adam and Eve we're really not so much talking about problems with the ToE as much as we are talking about multiple contradictions with archeology. By 6,000 years ago we already have numerous independent civilizations starting to spring up around the world so it's clear that if Adam and Eve where historical figures they couldn't have lived in that time but would need to have lived at least 50,000 years ago. Again, this has absolutely nothing to do with evolution, we're dealing strictly with archaeology at this point.

On the other hand I don't particularly think the doctrine of original sin is particularly well understood as the NT makes it abundantly clear that while all men are sinful it is our own sins for which we need to be redeemed, not the sins of others. In this sense we do not require a historical Adam sinning 6,000 years ago to require salvation, all we need is sin in our own lives which is plentiful but is also dependent upon our being able to understand our own decisions.

The issue of whether Adam and Eve are historical figures or metaphorical sterotypes is a difficult one and there is a very real possibility that they were both historical and stereotypes for humanity. However, unless God created fake evidence for multiple people groups around the world synonymously with Adam and Eve they did not live 6,000 years ago. A short and really well-put discussion of this important issue can be found here:

What Are We to Make of Adam and Eve?

Lurker

You ought to be ashamed of yourself. How disgusting. To call God a liar. But I know you don't care, you'll tell any lie that comes out of your pea mind. I have a special prayer for you.

I figure that this post will be deleted because of the TOS, but at least I'll have the satisfaction of knowing that you read it.

But Parker, belief is not a lie if it is believed.

Marsh, you should have checked with lurker before you stated that "belief is true if you believe it" he would have told you that you cannot make your own facts!

e

belief is not a lie if it is believed.

Believe It

Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.

For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil. Ecclesiastes 12:13-14

Or Not

He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him. John 3:36

Judgement Is Coming

Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,

And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation. John 5:28-29

Believe It

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. John 3:16-18

And Be Blessed Beloved

Love, Joe