~Shalhevet~

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

Read it if you are interested in learning about the Muslim faith, or if you have a reason for wanting to know more. If not give it to a Muslim you might know.

Why would you not want to read it for information purposes? You love Jesus, you have a strong faith, it can't dent that faith if you walk in His grace.

Don't obsess about it, read it, or give it away, it's just a book.

Blessings

I agree, I revieved a Qu'ran from somebody and he accepted the Bible I gave him. We had many conversations and he was always looking for something wrong to say about the Bible. He's still a muslim and I don't know where the Bible is I gave him

The Qu'ran is just a book but Gods word is powerful and gives life!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

If not give it to a Muslim you might know.

Why would you give it to a muslim? That is just spreading a false religion. In a sense, you are condoning their religion by spreading the material.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  519
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/28/1980

burn it in front of them, with a pic of muhammad. No that wouldnt be very godly I suppose. I have thought about buying a copy just to read. I knew one muslim in the army, but he was just a muslim in word not deed.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,116
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

What would you do with it? A friend of mine that is Muslim gave me a Qu'ran. I don't want to read it. It's sitting outside because I don't want it in my house. What would you do with it?

You have been given some good advice and some bad from my personal perspective.

First, if this muslim is really a friend, and you don't want to kill that friendship to the point of not being able to reeach him/her with the gospel, then you must be careful of how you treat any copy of the Qu'ran. They consider it to be holy, even more so that most of us do the Bible. So at the very least if you are not going to read it, the polite thing to do would be return it with respect...... for your friends sake.

As for me, when that happened I sat down and read it. I would not mark it or highlight it in any way, just take notes as to what bothers you about the book as you read through it...... and there will be many things that bother you (I should hope anyway).

Then as others suggested, give that person a Bible and ask them to read it, starting with John, then Acts and then the New Testament as a whole. Don't let them start with Revelation, for without a very good grounding in the whole word, it will simply confuse them.

Then, because you have read their book, you can discuss it with them in a clear logical manor and let them know how lacking their book really is.

However if you're wanting to get rid of their friend because he/she is Muslim, then you might do the burn the qu'ran thing and just hope they don't get so angry that they loose control and cut off your head.

I might add also from my perspective, the global people are pushing things into a situation of generating a new world war, and the only way I can see to stop it is to kill the hatred between Islam and the rest of us. And that's not likely to happen if we don't keep a Christ like attitude

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  234
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  06/16/1978

I might add also from my perspective, the global people are pushing things into a situation of generating a new world war, and the only way I can see to stop it is to kill the hatred between Islam and the rest of us. And that's not likely to happen if we don't keep a Christ like attitude

Other one, you expressed more effectively what I was trying to say all along this thread! :rolleyes:

A Christ-like attitude is what wins others to Christ as they see us as walking embodiment of the Gospel.

If Muslims like to burn things and show their faith or opinion with acts of violence (remember the Muhammad cartoons, or the Van Gogh murder over the fil he made), let us show the world that we Christ-ians, we know how to do something that onlyy the Spirit of God could be making us do: LOVE even our enemies. And as Christ-ians we are able to say: FATHER forgive them for they know not what they do.

That is powerful testimony that we are not ordinary beings: we are children of the Living God, and that for us, it is not by might, not by power, but by the Spirit of God.

Edited by fromIslam2Christ

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  334
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  4

Thanks for all the great advice.

I would offer to give him a Bible but he already says he read it and there are "many contradictions" and "no proof". This is a common battleground for him. I feel that this (giving me a Koran) is just another attempt by him to insult my faith, which he has done very often in the past.

This man comes to the coffee shop that I go to and sits by me all the time and tries to start debates with me. It has gotten so bad that I am thinking that it is time to start looking for a different coffee shop. I go there to relax, read my Bible and drink coffee. I don't need his friendship anymore. I don't even know if I should consider this kind of a person my friend.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  234
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  06/16/1978

I would offer to give him a Bible but he already says he read it and there are "many contradictions" and "no proof". This is a common battleground for him. I feel that this (giving me a Koran) is just another attempt by him to insult my faith, which he has done very often in the past.

This man comes to the coffee shop that I go to and sits by me all the time and tries to start debates with me. It has gotten so bad that I am thinking that it is time to start looking for a different coffee shop. I go there to relax, read my Bible and drink coffee. I don't need his friendship anymore. I don't even know if I should consider this kind of a person my friend.

Ow, Or'el, I see what he is up to now.

I met plenty of people like this, and I once was like this.

I would avoid him altogether. He probably has never read the Bible and has just heard Islamic preachers state that the Bible is filled with contradictions. He would never listen to anything you have to say because he is not respecting your standpoint already. Proof of it is he comes to debate and not to listen.

Wish him peace and remain sweet and polite (as we Christians are) and non-aggressive (because Our God doesn't need defending , contrary to theirs).

If he's too much of a hassle though, as he seems to be, try to change coffee shops altogether.

I will pray right now for this lost soul.

Much love and don't let this man bother you at all at all...

:rolleyes:

• Topic Count:  346
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/26/1982

He isn't your friend. He's pretending to be one so he can convert you over to Islam... oddly enough I have come across many Christians who do this too. I hate it because they are just giving a bad name for Christianity by doing such a thing.

But more for you, I think its dangerous to be around such people because they can shipwreck your faith if your not solidly grounded in the word. I know when I was a new believer Satan sent many many people and documentaries to try to entice me to learn some secret knowledge about how the Bible was wrong. One of them, nearly caught in me in a snare but thank God for His protection and faithfulness.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

Since I am not afraid of it, I would agree to read it if they would agree to read only the Gospel of John and meet to discuss it

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

If you have the opportunity, why not take a good friend with you to the coffee shop, who can challenge and refute this man, while you listen and pray. I know you go to the coffee shop for some quiet and study...but G-d often arranges things differently from the way we would like...be full of the Holy Ghost and allow G-d to give you wisdom.