• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

The reason I said this is because we have no access to the Father, except through Yeshua. We do not have access to the Father in the name of the Father.

"Jesus said to him, I am the way and the reality and the life; no one comes to the Father except through Me. If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also; and henceforth you know Him and have seen Him. (John 14:6-7)

Here Jesus appears to be saying that He and the Father are two entirely separate beings when He says, no one comes to the Father except through Me." However, he implies the intrinsic union of Himself and the Father when He says, "Henceforth you know Him and have seen Him." How could the disciples "have seen" (past tense) if they had never seen the Father? This is the cause for Phillip's comment,

"Philip said to Him, Lord, show us the Father and it is sufficient for us." (v. 8)

Jesus' answer to Phillip was much higher than Phillip's thought. According to Phillip's thought the Father and Jesus were separate in the earthly sense. Yet in the spiritual sense Jesus answered him, "Have I been so long a time with you, and you have not known Me, Philip? He who has aseen Me has seen the Father; how is it that you say, Show us the Father? Do you not believe that I am ain the Father and the Father is in Me? The words that I say to you I do not speak from Myself, but the Father who abides in Me does His works." (vv. 9-10)

So Jesus, as the Son, is the embodiment of the Father. If you have seen Jesus you have seen the Father.

The verse you quoted Says significantly baptize them in the name of the Father, Son and Spirit,

Name is singular, but it would be singular in many other senses, our God is one!, But it gives 3 distinctive names to baptize them in, Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit. so we are to baptize in those three names.

Yes, but it says, "the name," not "a name," and not "in the names." This is an important distinction, because Jesus is the embodiment of the Father, and is also expressed as the Holy Spirit (2 Cor. 3:17-18). Therefore, when a person is baptized into the name of the Triune God (Father, Son, and Spirit) he is placed into into Christ (Rom. 6:3; Gal. 3:27), who is the embodiment of the Triune God, and the head of the Body (1 Cor. 12:13) .

So whether a person announces, "We baptize you into the name of Jesus Christ," or whether he announces, "We baptize you into the Triune God (or, "father, Son and Spirit") is practically irrelevant. Jesus Christ is the embodiment, expression, and definition of the Triune God. When we are placed into Him we are placed into the Triune God.

Thanks for the Correction Ovedya, and I agree with You, I got mixed up in my own terminology, and re-reading what I posted I was way off. The point I was trying to make, and failed to do so is that for example "the Jews do not have access to the Father through the Father, Jesus is the door, He is the way, the truth and the life. Jesus is the embodiment of the Father. The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are distinctively different aspects of One God. Which no one is debating against. Jesus is the embodiment and the definition of the triune God.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest shiloh357
shiloh357, on 28 July 2010 - 10:07 AM, said:

Not exactly. The Trinity is not a "three-part being." God is ONE being, but three persons. He is not three parts.

I believe it to be the reverse of what you say. God is one person. The Father, Holy Spirit and Word together make up God not three people or gods. God created us in his image so God created us like himself. Are we three persons? No!

No, that is not how the Bible reveals God. The Bible reveal the Father, Son and Spirit as three separate personages, but one being. God is Elohim. That is is His Being. God is also three separate persons that can and do operate independently of each other.

God created us in His moral image. He created us with the ability to understand both propositional and experiential knowledge and the abililty to reason in abstract moral/ethical concepts.

That God is one Being but expresses Himself in three seperate personages is a basic biblical truth for which we have no earthly frame of reference.

Furthermore, we have nothing in this earth that serves as a point of reference to this and that is why it is a mystery.

That is completely wrong!

Rom 1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead

Paul says that the Godhead can be understood by God's creation. If you want to understand the Godhead look to his creation. Since we are made in the image and likeness of God we can look at how God created us.. It's no mystery as you say.

The word "Godhead" refers to His Divinity, not the mystery of the Trinity. Paul is talking about nature revealing the general revelation of both God's eternal existance as Creator, thus witnessing His pre-existance, AND His Divinity (the Godhead). God had to pre-exist creation in order to create it and only a Divine God could create the universe, guide and sustain it.

That is the extent that nature testifies of both the Godhead and God's existence. Nature leaves man without excuse in believing God. Paul did not say that nature explains or defines the Godhead. He simply states that nature is testimony to the reality of the Godhead.

Man is trichotomy, not a trinity. Our spirit, soul and body are not three separate persons. They are three parts that comprise a single person and single being.

We are made in God's image just as he is?

No. The Bible does not say that being made in God's image means that we are made to be just like Him. We are not carbon copies of God in miniature.

God is not three separate persons or gods either, he is one person.

The bible says that the fullness of God dwelled in Christ.

Col 2:9 For in him (Christ) dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

So that means Christ was all three in bodily form. Christ is the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit at the same time.

One God, One Person.

That is not accurate. Again, "Godhead" refers more appropately to the Divine Nature, not the Trinity. In Christ dwells the fullness (Gk. "essence" or nature) of the Divine Nature. Paul was affirming Christ's Divinity and that that "fullness" of Divinity was expressed in Christ while in bodily form. Paul was countering gnostic heresies that had infiltrated the church at Colosse and denied that Jesus was God in the flesh. Col. 2:9 is an affirmation of Jesus as God. Paul was not saying that Jesus was indwelt by the Father, Son and Holy Spirit all at once.

The Bible makes it very clear that Jesus is the Son of God. Jesus is not the Father and Jesus is not the Holy Spirit.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  232
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/22/1965

Genesis 1:26 Then God said, "Let us make humankind in our image, after our likeness, so they may rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move on the earth."

Who is the "our" God speaks of here? The angels in heaven?

the triune God, Father, Son and Holy Spirit

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,741
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/30/1959

I too believe the "our" was God and Jesus, all creation was for Jesus, I do believe Jesus was God's foremen for when the world was created.

I've heard people say that there are those who don't realize how big God really is and these people are right. I will add to that by saying there are those who don't realize how big Jesus is, They see him as a man that once walked this earth, but that is just the tip of the iceberg. Jesus is much, much more than some realize. Just my humble opinion, what do I know, I,m just a redneck. :24:

in this instance you know a lot. LOL Jesus is the Light. Jesus is every Word of the Teaching of the Scriiptures. Jesus is the sum total of the Truth.

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  443
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  1

I agree also, [iMHO] it is the plurality of the Godhead.

same here, thats how i see it when i read the scripture, plus we have the holy spirit who will "guide us into all truth"