• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,767
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

You may have an auto ad blocker -- or perhaps you don't have javascript set up. Who knows. :-)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,265
  • Content Per Day:  4.97
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

None of those. But at least I know it is me and not the site. Thanks for the responses.

Oh, it is my ad blocker. I see they are ads, so I'll just leave them blocked. :laugh:

• 2 months later...

When I receive notices of new activity via e-mail, what is being quoted is not there, or just last line. Anyone else experiencing this?

• 4 years later...

• Followers:  71
  • Topic Count:  340
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  16,834
  • Content Per Day:  4.73
  • Days Won:  81
  • Birthday:  04/02/2000

Does that "reputation" thing in the lower right corner need to be there? If not, I think it should be removed. There's too much temptation for someone to simply give someone a neg. rep.

I know because I've done it. :taped: There's nothing edifying in that.

I'm in agreement there, man. That's almost like running a popularity contest. We should all be equal here.

Blessings MorningGlory...

I agree too.

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe it can serve as extra motivation to be excellent in your posting. It doesn't bother me, nor would I miss it, but I do enjoy voting for people when they say something really worthwhile, thoughtfull, kind, or whatever else is helpful/edifying. As far as voting downward . . . that is one thing I always thought missing on facebook, or or in some polls.

For example, I recall seeing polls where X number of people, thought Bill Clinton was doing a great job, but since the poll had no way to say he was doing a terrible job, the poll lacked any real value.

If, however, we did not have that rating here, perhaps we lose a tool that people canv use to get a quick idea of whether they want to look into more things posted by that person, although in my experience, it is difficult to find their posts, unless one uses Google to do so, seems that Worthy's funtion for that purpose, seldome works, at least for me!

As far as being equal, there is equal, and there is equal. We should have equal in some senses, but to pretend that we are equally knowledgeable, equally patient and tolerant etc, would be to ignore what is actually true. I don't beleive in name calling, but I am not going to pretend that I think all are equally apt at counceling, equally kind, equally apt to teach. Do we not recognize in our churches, that our pastors are more welcome in the pulpit that the new convert? Has not God gifted people diferently, for edifying His church. We are not equal.

At Worthy, we do not recognize titles like Pastor or Prophet, in user names, in an effort to not let people seem to have some form of authority, that we cannot practically verify, yet, some people have purple names, because we recognise that we need to have some people to have some functional authority, in order to maintain order. That authority is handed out on the basis of a need for such people, and a recognition of their judged suitableness for the positions.

Like I said, there is equal, and there is equal. - Just my editorial opinion!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  212
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,691
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1

i do not see a vote down button on here how would a person give a negative rep? I only see the green button. maybe negative rep is not by pressing the green button

• 2 months later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

Does that "reputation" thing in the lower right corner need to be there? If not, I think it should be removed. There's too much temptation for someone to simply give someone a neg. rep.

I agree.

There is evidence that people are using it to get out their angst on others.

I looked over the Reputation aspect -- and I set it so that people can only GIVE A POSITIVE report. smile.gif

Amen George, that is exactly how I see it.  It is not a contest on who is better.

Because He Lives!! RustyAngeL

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  406
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  5,248
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  67

I agree.

There is evidence that people are using it to get out their angst on others.

I looked over the Reputation aspect -- and I set it so that people can only GIVE A POSITIVE report. smile.gif

Amen George, that is exactly how I see it.  It is not a contest on who is better.

Because He Lives!! RustyAngeL

Sorry I cant resist , you do realise that you have replied to posts that dates back to 2010. 

Better late than never  :biggrin2:

• George unpinned this topic