lekh l'kha

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Here's a bit more info on Ms Liberty that some might find interesting.

I realize you are trying to put a spin on this subject, but have you considered your source?

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

OK, I decided to check this out a bit.

From what I can find, the Statue of Liberty was modeled after the Roman goddess Libertas - the goddess of liberty or freedom.

Ishtar is the goddess of (sexual) love and fertility.

The Roman counterpart to Ishtar would be Venus (Greek is Aphrodite).

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,134
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

OK, I decided to check this out a bit.

From what I can find, the Statue of Liberty was modeled after the Roman goddess Libertas - the goddess of liberty or freedom.

Ishtar is the goddess of (sexual) love and fertility.

The Roman counterpart to Ishtar would be Venus (Greek is Aphrodite).

Neb, Libertas, as I understand it, is depicted wearing a phrygian cap. The head gear of the Statue of liberty is a 7 ray radient crown which is associated with Ishtar or Isis. I think that's why so many believe that Our Mis Liberty is actually Isis

Those pesky masons have a way of hiding their true intentions.

From what I have read in the past, Bertholdi (the artist of the Statue of Liberty) was trying to get a commission to make a robed statue of Isis for the enterance to the Suez Canal. He did not get that commission and used his plans for the Statue of Liberty

I'd have to check to see if Ishtar and Isis are basically the same Goddess, one Babylonian the other Egyptian.

Edited by other one

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  830
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  0

"... The waters which you saw, where the harlot sits are peoples and multitudes and nations and tongues," (Rev 17:15)

United Nations = "peoples and multitudes and nations and tongues", which "has a kingdom over the kings of the earth".

"And the woman whom you saw is the great city which has a kingdom over the kings of the earth." (Rev 17:18).

"And the LORD came down to see the city and the tower, which the children of men builded. And the LORD said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do. Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech. So the LORD scattered them abroad from thence upon the face of all the earth: and they left off to build the city. Therefore is the name of it called Babel; because the LORD did there confound the language of all the earth: and from thence did the LORD scatter them abroad upon the face of all the earth." (Gen 11:5-9)

Babel

confusion; mixture

(same as Babylon) (Hitchcock Dictionary)

"Babylon the Great" = Babel

The woman with a golden cup in her hand = Ishtar = "Babylon the Great".

Are we getting somewhere or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Could not the Babylon the Great be the United Nations which is located in New York City?

Rev 17:18 And the woman(aka Babylon the Great) which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth. This sounds like UN to me.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,041
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  5

"... The waters which you saw, where the harlot sits are peoples and multitudes and nations and tongues," (Rev 17:15)

United Nations = "peoples and multitudes and nations and tongues", which "has a kingdom over the kings of the earth".

"And the woman whom you saw is the great city which has a kingdom over the kings of the earth." (Rev 17:18).

America, the land of immigrants.

Neb, Libertas, as I understand it, is depicted wearing a phrygian cap. The head gear of the Statue of liberty is a 7 ray radient crown which is associated with Ishtar or Isis. I think that's why so many believe that Our Mis Liberty is actually Isis

Those pesky masons have a way of hiding their true intentions.

OK. It's hard to find an unbiased source of information, and Libertas being a lesser being doesn't have a lot of info.

From what I have read in the past, Bertholdi (the artist of the Statue of Liberty) was trying to get a commission to make a robed statue of Isis for the enterance to the Suez Canal. He did not get that commission and used his plans for the Statue of Liberty

I'd have to check to see if Ishtar and Isis are basically the same Goddess, one Babylonian the other Egyptian.

I saw that he wanted to build a Greek woman statue at the Suez, but not that he wanted it to be Isis.

But from what I have seen, Isis being Ishtar I thought was a given. Same with Astarte (AKA Ashera).

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

What about Canada? Or Australia? Or New Zealand? All founded by immigrants.

Okay, so far we have the following:-

1. United Nations came into being at the end of WWII in 1945.

2. Israel came into being by United Nations resolution in 1948 - after the United Nations divided the land in 1947.

"For, behold, in those days and in that time, when I will bring again the exiles of Judah and Jerusalem, I will also gather all nations and will bring them down into the valley of Jehoshaphat. And I will fight with them there for My people and for My inheritance Israel, whom they have scattered among the nations, and divided My land." (Joe 3:1-2)

3. Article 8 of U.N resolution 194: demilitarization and UN control over Jerusalem

1948: Jordan annexes West Bank and East Jerusalem, Israel "annexes" West Jerusalem - both annex these parts of Jerusalem "illegally" in terms of U.N resolution

1967. Israel "annexes East Jerusalem" and the West Bank - "illegally" in terms of the division of God's land by the U.N.

4. The waters where the harlot has her seat are "peoples and multitudes and nations and tongues" (Rev 17:15)

5. The United Nations = "peoples and multitudes and nations and tongues".

6. The woman with a golden cup in her hand = Ishtar = "Babylon the Great" = Statue of Liberty.

7. Jerusalem claimed by both the "Palestinian" Arabs (a nation which never existed as a "separate" Arab nation before 1948) and Israel as the capital of their own countries.

8. Palestinian official policy document, "The Palestine National Covenant", denies the legality of the state of Israel and claims it belongs to the "Palestinian" Arabs.

9. The war is equally about who worships the God of Abraham in the correct way as it is about who owns the land and the city of Jerusalem.

Hypothetical scenario:

Israeli forces take control of the temple Mount because of a Palestinian uprising. Iran and Syria attack Israel. Israel forces Palestinians out of East Jerusalem, begins tearing down Al Aqsa mosque.

We can go over half a million different speculative scenarios to produce:

U.N resolution passed demanding that Israel stop "illegally" occupying Jerusalem and hand back control of Jerusalem to the United Nations. Israel refuses.

"Behold, I will make Jerusalem a cup of trembling to all the peoples all around, and it shall also be against Judah in the siege against Jerusalem. And in that day I will make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all peoples. All who lift it shall be slashed, and all the nations of the earth will be gathered against it..."

(Zec 12:2-3)

"For I will gather all nations to battle against Jerusalem; and the city shall be taken, and the houses plundered, and the women raped. And half of the city shall go into exile, and the rest of the people shall not be cut off from the city..." (Zec 14:2)

And Jehovah shall go out and fight against those nations, like the day He fought in the day of battle.

(Zec 14:3)

And it shall be in that day I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem.

(Zec 12:9)

For, behold, in those days and in that time, when I will bring again the exiles of Judah and Jerusalem, I will also gather all nations and will bring them down into the valley of Jehoshaphat. And I will fight with them there for My people and for My inheritance Israel, whom they have scattered among the nations, and divided My land...

... Proclaim this among the nations: Prepare war, wake up the mighty men, let all the men of war draw near; let them come up. Beat your plowshares into swords, and your pruning hooks into spears. Let the weak say, I am strong. Gather yourselves and come, all you nations, and gather yourselves together all around; cause Your mighty ones to come down there, O Jehovah. Let the nations be awakened and come up to the valley of Jehoshaphat; for there I will sit to judge all the nations all around. Put in the sickle, for the harvest is ripe. Come, come down; for the press is full; the vats overflow, for their wickedness is great. Multitudes, multitudes in the valley of decision; for the day of Jehovah is near in the valley of decision! The sun and the moon shall be darkened, and the stars shall gather in their light. Jehovah shall also roar out of Zion and utter His voice from Jerusalem. And the heavens and the earth shall shake. But Jehovah will be the hope of His people and the strength of the sons of Israel. So you shall know that I am Jehovah your God dwelling in Zion, My holy mountain. And Jerusalem shall be a holy thing, and no aliens shall pass through her any more.

(Joe 3:1-2, 9-17)

What about Canada? Or Australia? Or New Zealand? All founded by immigrants.

... not to mention the Central and South American countries - all of which are represented in what/whom?

The United Nations.

But even if we are barking up the right tree with the U.N, we're still not there yet, because,

"... and the ten horns which you saw on the beast, these will hate the harlot and will make her desolate and naked. And they will eat her flesh and burn her with fire. For God gave into their hearts to do His mind, and to act with one mind, and to give their kingdom to the beast until the Words of God will be fulfilled." (Rev 17:16-17)

So the 8th king/kingdom/empire and the harlot are not the same.

The ten horns (kings) give their power and authority to the 8th king/kingdom, which rises out of the bottomless pit (Rev.17:8, 11-12).

.... and the 8th king/kingdom/empire is "of the seven".

So to find out what the identity of the 8th kingdom is, we must know the identity of the first seven - because the 8th king/kingdom/empire will rise from the same kings/kingdoms/empires.

6. The woman with a golden cup in her hand = Ishtar = "Babylon the Great" = Statue of Liberty.

The Statue of Liberty holds a torch and a plaque, not a cup.