Restoring Honor Rally

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.20
  • Days Won:  115

If you do research what the black robe regiment was about, I believe you will find it was about different denominations with in the Christian church, not about all the faiths of the world uniting.

I don't know enough about who were involved in the original to speak on it but there could have been a rabbi or two involved couldn't there have been? and that would be seen as world faiths uniting couldn't it? if so what would be the difference in the two groups, just Beck? If someone knows please share. I just think Beck is trying to wake people out of their apathy, trying to get the attention of the nation as to what we are facing I do not see Beck standing in a pulpit of his mormonism telling others to join him at ones nearest ward. I also don't see him 'uniting' the worlds faiths into some kind of ecumenical drive that will result in the next mega church or the building of new churches to fit a one gospel fits all. But I am also waiting to see where this 'black robe brigade' is going. Funny I missed Rick Warren up there did see Hagee though, if and I say if this is some march to unite under one kinda of religion Warren and other mega church guys should have been in the mix I would think. From what I gather most all those involved are within the christian churches.

What is your opinion of all those men and woman who stood with Beck, who uphold the idea that our rights are given by God, who stand with Becks thinking that all men need God and that all men need to turn their hearts and men to Him and get on their knees and pray for His guideance and that we as Americans as men and woman need to restore honor and truth within ourselves and our nation? Everyone of those men and woman have churches and pulpits do you think they are all trying to subvert peoples minds with their own doctrine as you think Beck is doing to all who watch and listen to him? Forgive me if that is not the message that you are trying to warn about but its what I am getting that no one should watch Beck because he is teaching some false gospel or message, that you believe he is trying to bring forth some LDS teachings in his message. Everyone should always be careful what they take as complete truth everyone should search all things and prove they are from God, then leave the rest of the nonsense alone.

Studying the Emergent Church takes time that is well worth it. I have been watching this movement for years, how it has changed and found it's way into the many church denominations. It is a chameleon, changing it's colors when it is discovered. This is the idea behind the Black Robe Regiment Beck brings, which is nothing like the original. King George had provoked many men to leave England by demanding that they submit to licensing by the crown. He called them the Black Regiment because of the black robes they wore when preaching. What makes them different is that the original Regiment were all Christian Preachers, not anyone from another faith, no matter what faith or how many. By bringing in other faiths, Glen is emerging the faiths together. That is as simple as I can get.

Only God has the answer and it is found in scripture.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.93
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Neb, what's "The Burn"?

Oh, sorry.

The simple answer is that it's a ministry seeking to establish 24-7 houses of worship and intercession - kind of like what the Moravians did.

I've been attending a monthly 24 hour "Burn" session at my old church that the youth are leading, and they have been awesome! That's where I drew those pictures I posted . . . I think I posted them?

Neb, what's "The Burn"?

Oh, sorry.

The simple answer is that it's a ministry seeking to establish 24-7 houses of worship and intercession - kind of like what the Moravians did.

I've been attending a monthly 24 hour "Burn" session at my old church that the youth are leading, and they have been awesome! That's where I drew those pictures I posted . . . I think I posted them?

Interesting! Does the group have a site for more information?

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  10

If you do research what the black robe regiment was about, I believe you will find it was about different denominations with in the Christian church, not about all the faiths of the world uniting.

I don't know enough about who were involved in the original to speak on it but there could have been a rabbi or two involved couldn't there have been? and that would be seen as world faiths uniting couldn't it? if so what would be the difference in the two groups, just Beck? If someone knows please share. I just think Beck is trying to wake people out of their apathy, trying to get the attention of the nation as to what we are facing I do not see Beck standing in a pulpit of his mormonism telling others to join him at ones nearest ward. I also don't see him 'uniting' the worlds faiths into some kind of ecumenical drive that will result in the next mega church or the building of new churches to fit a one gospel fits all. But I am also waiting to see where this 'black robe brigade' is going. Funny I missed Rick Warren up there did see Hagee though, if and I say if this is some march to unite under one kinda of religion Warren and other mega church guys should have been in the mix I would think. From what I gather most all those involved are within the christian churches.

What is your opinion of all those men and woman who stood with Beck, who uphold the idea that our rights are given by God, who stand with Becks thinking that all men need God and that all men need to turn their hearts and men to Him and get on their knees and pray for His guideance and that we as Americans as men and woman need to restore honor and truth within ourselves and our nation? Everyone of those men and woman have churches and pulpits do you think they are all trying to subvert peoples minds with their own doctrine as you think Beck is doing to all who watch and listen to him? Forgive me if that is not the message that you are trying to warn about but its what I am getting that no one should watch Beck because he is teaching some false gospel or message, that you believe he is trying to bring forth some LDS teachings in his message. Everyone should always be careful what they take as complete truth everyone should search all things and prove they are from God, then leave the rest of the nonsense alone.

Studying the Emergent Church takes time that is well worth it. I have been watching this movement for years, how it has changed and found it's way into the many church denominations. It is a chameleon, changing it's colors when it is discovered. This is the idea behind the Black Robe Regiment Beck brings, which is nothing like the original. King George had provoked many men to leave England by demanding that they submit to licensing by the crown. He called them the Black Regiment because of the black robes they wore when preaching. What makes them different is that the original Regiment were all Christian Preachers, not anyone from another faith, no matter what faith or how many. By bringing in other faiths, Glen is emerging the faiths together. That is as simple as I can get.

Only God has the answer and it is found in scripture.

I also have been watching the emergent churches for the last 15 years or so, but I am not seeing Beck say that all paths lead to God, that all faiths lead to God but that all people of all faiths need to get back to the basics, God first, honor and all that, confessing of God should bring in ones life. I understand the premise behind the Black Robes, I just wasn't familiar with who was in the original regiment beyond the one preacher who had his uniform under his robe, do you have a website that tells of who all those original men were? Would it matter that there were Jewish men who didn't believe in the Messiah who helped fashion our founding? that is mixing faiths isn't it simply because they teach no Messiah has come? Do you consider having a Jewish rabbi come to your church teaching from the bible who does not believe in the Messiah as mixing of the faith?

And as I said I reserve my judgement on this new regiment until I see what they are actually going to be doing. I think Beck is doing a great job at exposing the corruption in our gov., I think that no matter his mormonisms God may just be using Beck for some kind of wakeup call to what is coming to this country, who else has a public voice that is doing this? I see no one standing up who has public access that is speaking the ills of this country. Now when we hear Beck pull out the book of Mormon and start preaching from it we have a problem, when I hear Beck say Yeshua and satan are brothers, etc. etc. then we need to stand and speak up. I think his rally did exactly what he wished it to do to somehow wake people up as to what really matters, God, individual responsiblity, honesty, honor, right treatment of others, and the list goes on. I personally do not see it as some out pouring of the Spirit but others who were there say that by sitting and praying with others openly, publically they felt a the Spirit moving them to want to go home and help others, to get involved with their churches more, to reach out to othes in need more and you know thats not a bad thing at all.

Its like listening to preachers and others that you don't really don't agree with yet also has some wonderful insights you take those that are good and leave the bad behind. We are entitled to how we view Beck and he may pan out to be whatever you think he is, I would wonder what you would have done if Romney had gotten into office and stood to be sworn and placed his hand on the book of Mormon? If Beck were another faith and saying exactly what Beck was saying would you still have the same fears? I am just trying to get why its just Beck, because he is a mormon and speaks openly about his faith in God? I really am interested in knowing.

Hoo-boy. OK

http://burn24-7.com/about/what-is-the-burn/

Hoo-boy. OK

http://burn24-7.com/about/what-is-the-burn/

Thanks Neb. It will take me a bit to understand all that it encompasses, especially where the DNA ties in, but I will try to understand! :thumbsup:

I also have been watching the emergent churches for the last 15 years or so, but I am not seeing Beck say that all paths lead to God, that all faiths lead to God but that all people of all faiths need to get back to the basics, God first, honor and all that, confessing of God should bring in ones life. I understand the premise behind the Black Robes, I just wasn't familiar with who was in the original regiment beyond the one preacher who had his uniform under his robe, do you have a website that tells of who all those original men were? Would it matter that there were Jewish men who didn't believe in the Messiah who helped fashion our founding? that is mixing faiths isn't it simply because they teach no Messiah has come? Do you consider having a Jewish rabbi come to your church teaching from the bible who does not believe in the Messiah as mixing of the faith?

I am dividing the big picture from who he prayed with. Do you believe it is fine to pray to God with other religions, as in praying to the same God? As an example, when you pray with an Iman, are you praying to the same God? Can you both say Amen to the prayer when one is praying to a false god?

As for the sites, no, I do not have them bookmarked. I did a bit of research on it, but did not think to save the sights I read this from. You can find it on the history of the beginning of the US around 1776 era.

It will take me a bit to understand all that it encompasses, especially where the DNA ties in,

:laugh: You're so old!!!! :P

Genetic code . . . model . . . pattern . . . blueprint . . . foundation . . . base program? . . .

Same concept, different lingo.

(I wonder what the youth will be saying 10 years from now? :online2long: )

Thanks, though, for making an effort to understand.

:emot-hug:

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  10

I am dividing the big picture from who he prayed with. Do you believe it is fine to pray to God with other religions, as in praying to the same God? As an example, when you pray with an Iman, are you praying to the same God? Can you both say Amen to the prayer when one is praying to a false god?

As for the sites, no, I do not have them bookmarked. I did a bit of research on it, but did not think to save the sights I read this from. You can find it on the history of the beginning of the US around 1776 era.

Well goodness no we don't all pray to the same God do we and really thats not really the point of bringing peoples minds to the forefront that this country is going down the drain nor the fact that everyone needs to turn to God even those lost muslims, correct? Now can you answer this question then if we are going to focus on islam, if a iman asked you to pray with him, without the pray mats and facing mecca, would you? Would it be possible that is what God wanted? I also wonder how those missionaries feel when they approach a muslim to reach out to, I see and hear they pray with these men and woman even when they know that the other is going to be praying to a false God, we just never know when God is working through us do we?

Its not exactly the same but if a Jewish man asked you to pray to them knowing full well that he mocks your faith in Yeshua and who also mocks the Messiah because of who He is, would you pray with him because he is praying to the same God you are? Its a viscious circle we walk around in trying to decide who believes what and as I said we may not always know when God is working to bring back those who are lost. Oh to answer the amen question, when you say amen in your prayer are you speaking to the iman or to God? if you are speaking to God I think He knows that, knows in your heart that you are working for His greater good. Bringing the attention back to Beck, would you pray with him? It all comes back to faith, faith that God is leading us where He wants us to be, faith that we have discernment in what we hear and see, faith that the falseness of this world doens't suck us in and lead us astray.

It will take me a bit to understand all that it encompasses, especially where the DNA ties in,

:laugh: You're so old!!!! :P

Genetic code . . . model . . . pattern . . . blueprint . . . foundation . . . base program? . . .

Same concept, different lingo.

(I wonder what the youth will be saying 10 years from now? :online2long: )

Thanks, though, for making an effort to understand.

:emot-hug:

Does my age show that much? :24:

LOL! I understand what DNA is, but I will have to do a bit more to see where it play into the "burn" ... :noidea: I don't have a science degree, just a degree in computers and business.