• Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

OK someone actually reported on this:

~~~

Almost immediately after the nation learned of the shooting of Arizona Democratic Rep. Gabrielle Giffords and several others (including a federal judge), a few prominent liberal web writers sought to blame Sarah Palin and other conservatives for the action.

Linking to a map of U.S. House districts that Sarah Palin's pac wanted to "target" during the 2010 mid-term elections -- which sadly included crosshairs over Rep. Giffords' district (among others) -- DailyKos founder Markos Moulitsas Tweeted, "Mission accomplished, Sarah Palin."

The liberal blog Firedog Lake also went there.

Palin has deleted the image from her website, and issued a short statement on the shooting, writing on her Facebook page: "My sincere condolences are offered to the family of Rep. Gabrielle Giffords and the other victims of today's tragic shooting in Arizona. On behalf of Todd and my family, we all pray for the victims and their families, and for peace and justice."

Liberal blogger Matthew Yglesias Tweeted out several other examples of "violent rhetoric," including Rep. Michele Bachman saying, "I want people in Minnesota armed and dangerous" to block climate change legislation.

~~~~

Read the full OP here

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,009
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  3

Yep... It's pretty bad.

The takeback20 image/website was taken down today, shortly after the news of the shooting broke, if I recall correctly.

The two aren't related. I wonder what their reasoning for taking it down was.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Yep... It's pretty bad.

The takeback20 image/website was taken down today, shortly after the news of the shooting broke, if I recall correctly.

The two aren't related. I wonder what their reasoning for taking it down was.

Discretion, I believe.

Just like the pro-wrestler got rid of his trademark trench coat after the Columbine shooting (by two students who were a part of something called the Trench Coat Mafia).

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

I'm not sure why folks are surprised. Politics is violent business. It's what killed the Lord of Glory. I'm not saying it was justified either. I'm just not surprised considering the long dark slide this Nation is taking into Gommorah. We arrogantly defy God by ordaining homosexual marriage, it was reported yesterday that 41 percent of all pregnancies in New York City end in abortion, and divorce is the norm rather than rare and were surprised at stuff like this.:noidea:

I'm praying for this legislator and all the families touched by this tragedy.:emot-pray:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,128
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

we also need to be praying for the deranged soul that did this..... He probable needs prayer as much or more than any one.

I fear there is much to this that we aren't aware of yet...

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

we also need to be praying for the deranged soul that did this..... He probable needs prayer as much or more than any one.

I fear there is much to this that we aren't aware of yet...

I believe this as well; from what I heard on the news this man is an atheist and both a communitst and nazi sympathizer (how could that be? :noidea:). He most likely belonged to some fringe group but, from reading this quote from one of his online rants, the agenda isn't clear....

"I know who's listening: Government Officials, and the People," Loughner wrote. "Nearly all the people, who don't know this accurate information of a new currency, aren't aware of mind control and brainwash methods. If I have my civil rights, then this message wouldn't have happen (sic)."

That statement isn't even coherent....:blink:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  2

I may be wrong, but I'm sure Nebula is not referring to political posters ... Obviously, anyone who would shoot children and others in such a sickening act of violence is not stable.

The Take Back 20 thing was what popped up on what other news sites/blogs were reporting. Unrelated though.

A little more about the alleged shooter. I'm bolding what stood out. Going through the videos, I think? (It's hard ot tell) he thinks the government is controlling people through literacy rates, or something. A lot of the stuff in his videos is written in the past tense. He's trying to drop a hint there.

Name:

Jared Lee Loughner

Channel Views:

October 25, 2010

http://Myspace.com/fallenasleep

About Me:

My name is Jared Lee Loughner!

Hometown:

Tucson

United States

Schools:

I attended school: Thornydale elementary,Tortolita Middle School, Mountain View Highschool, Northwest Aztec Middle College, and Pima Community College.

Interests:

My favorite interest was reading, and I studied grammar. Conscience dreams were a great study in college!

Movies:

(*My idiom: I could coin the moment!*)

Music:

Pass me the strings!

Books:

I had favorite books: Animal Farm, Brave New World, The Wizard Of OZ, Aesop Fables, The Odyssey, Alice Adventures Into Wonderland, Fahrenheit 451, Peter Pan, To Kill A Mockingbird, We The Living, Phantom Toll Booth, One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest, Pulp,Through The Looking Glass, The Communist Manifesto, Siddhartha, The Old Man And The Sea, Gulliver's Travels, Mein Kampf, The Republic, and Meno.

No 'Catcher in The Rye'? He's just nuts. No sense looking for depth in a puddle.

Huh? Why did you bold the Alice books and Phantom Toll Booth? I don't recall these charming children's books to have any violence in them. How are they dangerous or subversive?

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  3,292
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  0

This tragedy happened minutes from my home. Several people I know responded to the scene. This is a horrible, horrible event for our community and our city.

I find it absolutely disgusting that the MSM is attempting to peg this on the tea-party, Sarah Palin, or politics in general in Arizona. We have ALOT of BIG political issues in Arizona...and there are ALOT of opinions but NOBODY on either side of ANY issue would have wanted or dreamed of this type of event. I also think that it is massively hypocritical of the DailyKos to start pointing fingers at Sarah Palin when they had this posted on their website too.

This kid was a sicko...no right or left politics. He was a disturbed and broken mind and he killed a child, shot a publically elected woman in the head at point blank range, and unloaded his weapon on the innocent public gathered at a local grocery store.

I voted against Gabby...but I wept for her...I wept for them all.........................

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  9

No one will ever truly know what impact aggressive language and Rambo-style politics have on people who are mentally unstable. I think there is far too much suggestive commentary out there on BOTH sides. Not everyone who hears and sees the political blah-blah-blah is able to distinguish between logical issues and spin. This young man has posted on his blog that the voters in Giffords district were illiterate and stupid. So - maybe his hateful and violent rampage was aimed at the Congresswoman. Much of this young man's writings are just aimless ramblings.

I think that responsible participants on all sides of the political spectrum (both politicians and media) need to stop the hateful and inflammatory rhetoric and simply eliminate the theatrics. Realistically, this will not happen ... there has always been fiery rhetoric in both the media and politics - one does have to wonder if these words and actions inspire a delusional person to act...

God bless the families of those who lost loved ones and those who were injured. I am praying for them.

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  3,292
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  0

I just read that the 9 year old girl who died was born on Sept. 11, 2001. What a world she lived in..........