• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,931
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  07/13/1955

The whole duty of man is to glorify God and enjoy Him forever. (The Westminster Confession)

Micah 6:8 (NKJV) He has shown you, O man, what is good; And what does the LORD require of you But to do justly, To love mercy, And to walk humbly with your God?

Can I get an amen y'all!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amen~!

What shall I render unto the LORD for all his benefits toward me?

I will take the cup of salvation, and call upon the name of the LORD. Psalms 116:12-13

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  10

Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter:

Fear God and keep His commandments, For this is man's all. For God will bring every work into judgement, Including every secret thing, Whether good or evil. Eccl. 12:13-14

This is what Gods says is the whole duty of man, fear Him and keep His commandments. When we do this we are walking in His light.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

:dance: Amen! :dance:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Fear God and keep His commandments, For this is man's all. For God will bring every work into judgement, Including every secret thing, Whether good or evil. Eccl. 12:13-14

This is what Gods says is the whole duty of man, fear Him and keep His commandments. When we do this we are walking in His light.

For fear Him read obey. All Jesus commands is Love Me and obey Me.

If we obey Him we obey scripture, if we love Him we love others.

Also I like to think of obeying as, "I am feeling tired, lazy, or a little sick, perhaps I won't go to church, home group, prayer meeting today". Then we obey and go. Maybe not scriptural, but it demonstrates faith.

If you get my drift....

Also I like to think of obeying as, "I am feeling tired, lazy, or a little sick, perhaps I won't go to church, home group, prayer meeting today". Then we obey and go. Maybe not scriptural, but it demonstrates faith.

If you get my drift....

I do... Yet the word is fear,

H3372

ירא

yârê'

BDB Definition:

1) to fear, revere, be afraid

1a) (Qal)

1a1) to fear, be afraid

1a2) to stand in awe of, be awed

1a3) to fear, reverence, honour, respect

1b) (Niphal)

1b1) to be fearful, be dreadful, be feared

1b2) to cause astonishment and awe, be held in awe

1b3) to inspire reverence or godly fear or awe

1c) (Piel) to make afraid, terrify

2) (TWOT) to shoot, pour

I like the stand in awe, reverence, honor, respect part too! What brings us to Him is fear in many ways, fear of the unknown, fear of being without something to anchor ourselves to, we fear and obey Him simply because He is smarter than we are and He knows oh so much better than we do and well if we accept His Son and believe He is God we will do as He says in all things. This 'fear' brings us to repentance and then to keeping His commandments, it is through His commandments we find how God has layed out for us to walk in order to be seen righteous and holy in His eyes and we I believe we get to know Him more fully when we abide by those things He layed out for us all to follow.

There are times I am more than a bit sick to go to congregation, just by reading your standards I am not 'obeying' Him by not getting up and going to services. But I do understand your meaning behind your words. Obeying is many things to many peoples, I see obeying God as keeping His commandments, others do not see His commandments as having anything to do with obeying God these days.

shalom,

Mizz

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,134
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Mizz, our difference is in what is considered his commandments to be.... You see them in Leviticus and I see them in the gospels...... and they are very different.

Mizz, our difference is in what is considered his commandments to be.... You see them in Leviticus and I see them in the gospels...... and they are very different.

Not exactly true I see His instruction all through the bible, I do see that we are to follow in His footsteps also and do think that His words are foreverlasting for all generations and into the millennial reign. I am not a legalistic person I think you know that, yet I do see God saying if you love me you will... I understand that I can walk in His instructions for my life without all the legalistic nonsense some say or believe. And how are they very different? God does not change His word He only expands on the meanings of it. How is it so very different then if Yeshua the Messiah walked in them as did the apostles after His death and resurrection? We walk in the Spirit of Torah do we not? I am not trying to derail the thread it I'm really not! :b:

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

If you get my drift....

Fear in this instance is revere not obey, He wants us to show reverence and honour.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,134
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

One duty we will have some day that not many discuss and that is that we will be responsible for judging the angels...... not a real pleasent thing to ponder, but it will be one of our duties.