tigger398

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Ok I had work and finance situation. I prayed to God and I trusted him to take care of things and to provide. Now things were just starting to pick up and my prayers were being answered. Money was coming in, and my job was getting better, and Charlie was picking up extra hours at his job. I thought yeeeeeeeeees I put my faith and trust in God to provide our needs. We were actually getting our finance and things cleaned up. Now my hours been cut and I might loose my job. Things are a mess again and now were struggeling again. Can you guys see my point. I trusted him. I did. and now look what happened.

LoL.... Tigger, this same thing happened to me way back when we first got married...... When it all worked out in the end it seemed that God had a better idea of where he wanted me to work and We ended up in a much better situation when that part of our life was all over. The reason I can chuckle agout it is that I felt exactly the same as you are now as it was happening and though it was nearly 40 years ago, it's so stuck in my mind, I can close my eyes and go though the whole thing as though it was yesterday....

Have faith that he's putting you where he wants you in the long run and if it's something different from what you're doing now, most people will stay in their current status until he pushes us on to other things.

I'll be praying and in the mean time with your hours down, go talk to a good employment agency and let a professional find the best thing you're qualified to do..... you might be surprised at the outcome.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  679
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

When did you last read the book of Job?

This is a trial of your faith, not so that God can be reassured that your faith is real (as if He needs anything from us - anyway He already knows your heart inside out) but so that YOU can know your faith in God is real and be assured of your salvation.

Look what Satan said to God about Job. To paraphrase, Satan suggested that Job only loved God because God had blessed him and prospered him.

So God allowed Satan to take everything from Job - wealth, possessions, family - and even allowed him to suffer physical disease.

Yet Job would not deny God.

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. " James 1.

Guest Butero

Tigger, I can't tell you why things have happened the way they did, but I what you described is no reason to stop trusting God. We need to be like Job and trust him in the good times and the bad. I have gone through times where I was praying for something and God didn't grant my request, and I would imagine everyone else has had that happen to them at some time during their Christian walk. God has a way of taking a bad situation and turning it around for your good. A door may close at one job, and something else will come along later. It is during the hard times it takes faith to keep trusting God, in spite of how things may look. When I am going through hard times, this verse always helps me get through.

And we know all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28

God works in mysterious ways.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  732
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  04/30/1971

Ok I had work and finance situation. I prayed to God and I trusted him to take care of things and to provide. Now things were just starting to pick up and my prayers were being answered. Money was coming in, and my job was getting better, and Charlie was picking up extra hours at his job. I thought yeeeeeeeeees I put my faith and trust in God to provide our needs. We were actually getting our finance and things cleaned up. Now my hours been cut and I might loose my job. Things are a mess again and now were struggeling again. Can you guys see my point. I trusted him. I did. and now look what happened.

The thing is, God just doesn't always give us what we want or ask for simply because we've asked. There are just so many other things that go into it. My first good look at how God sometimes says no despite the depth of our faith or the desperation of our plea came when I was 17. I'd been saved for a few years and had what I thought was a good, close relationship with the Lord. Then, on a Saturday morning, I heard my mother call my name and I found her collapsed on the bathroom floor. Fast forward a few hours and she was in the ICU on a respirator due to a case of viral pneumonia that had swept through her overworked body like wildfire. On Sunday night the pastor of my church and my best friend drove up to see us after that evening's service. We surrounded my mother and prayed for her. (Not that we all hadn't already been praying, but to this day, that moment is frozen in my memory because it was just so powerful.) As we stood there, asking God for healing for the woman I not only adored, but who I respected tremendously and who I could not imagine my life without, I KNEW God could heal her. I KNEW with every fiber of my being that it didn't matter how dire the words of the doctor, or how sick she was, with a mere glance from God my mother could sit up and get out of that bed and walk out of the hospital. I had faith way bigger than any mustard seed.

Then, two days later she was dead. Not healed. Not coming home ever again. I absolutely cannot stress enough how much this event changed my life and my relationship to God. I didn't see it at the time, but I was furious with Him for not answering my prayers. I'd had faith. I could have picked up Mt. Everest and moved it to the moon with the faith I had! But my mother still died.

I'm sorry to say it took a few years for me to finally let go of my anger with God. It took me finally realizing that I just don't have the vision necessary to see the "whole picture" like God can. I cannot see beyond my own fear or grief or doubt to what lies around the next bend in the road, much less over in the next valley or at the top of the next mountain. And that's why the Bible tells us that we need to trust God to work all things out for our good.

I'm not trying to say my mother's death was a good thing. It devastated me and still hurts more than 2 decades later. I miss her far more than I could ever possibly say. And after she died, I went on to lose my father 3 years later, my sister in 2001, and my husband's mom (who was my best friend) in 2007. But what all these deaths taught me is that I can't go into difficult seasons expecting God to just snap His fingers and make the problems go away. Nor (I love the analogy so much I have to use it :) ) can I look at Him like some kind of ATM where I can just press a few buttons and get what I want out of Him. He's God. He has a plan for my life that just might not line up with what I think my life plan ought to be.

These are the "big" times in my life when my faith in God has been tested. There have been countless other "smaller" trials and difficulties that have come and gone along the way. What I can say for certain is that my entire life is a living testimony to how God puts His plan into action irregardless of our bumbling attempts to go our own way. And the greatest result I've seen is a profound growth of my ability to just sit back and trust God to do what He knows is best in my life. Whatever comes, I trust that He is in complete control and will work it all out in the end.

However uncertain you're feeling with your situation, you can trust that God knows exactly what He's doing and what you're going through. He will work it out for you, so that you wind up precisely where He wants you to be.

I didn't mean to sound "preachy," but I want you to know you aren't alone. We've all been there in one way or another. We just have to learn to fully trust God. Once we manage that we can face hard times without being overcome by fear, worry, disappointment, or anger.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

Tigger, I can't add much to everyone else's posts; they are ALL spot on. The God we serve is not a part time God; His ways are not our ways and financial problems are not the biggest challenge you may face during your life. Pray for strengthened faith, pray for patience, pray for courage, pray for Him to give you the tools to make your own life better......He will lead you in the way He wants you to go. Praying for you, sister. :emot-pray:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  562
  • Content Count:  2,074
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/31/1966

I always have this fear gut feeling before something bad happens. and it happened

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I always have this fear gut feeling before something bad happens. and it happened

Hummm, maybe God's telling you there's a change coming and you need to be ready for it. Things that we consider bad at the moment are not necessarily that way or stay that way.

It would be helpful if you just told us what's going on and maybe we might have some insite that you can't see at the moment.

Tigger, the month we discovered that my wife has Multiple Sclorosis, I thought the whole world had ended..... turns out that is really drove us together and we have shared the past 25 years in ways that we would never have experienced had she not become ill. Am I glad she has it...... no for it did change our lives...... but not all for the bad as you might think. God has also kept her somewhat active, but I don't know how long that will last. Every single day when I awake I wake up wondering if my wife can still get up and walk to the bathroom.

• Topic Count:  506
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  1,922
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  4

Hi Tigger, I once abandoned God for sixteen years in a row. I am grateful He did not abandon me.

Heavenly Father, I pray that where grace can find a way you see Tigger and her family through this hardship.

Bless her and comfort her for Christ's sake.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  25
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/22/1976

I agree with every one!!

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

:emot-hug:

I know it's hard. The only thing I can add to what has been said is that in reading the history books of the Old Testament, you will find many people who had to walk through what they must have thought was God letting them down.

Joseph . . . David . . . Abraham . . . etc.

Praying your faith not fail.