IGNORED

Question That Stumped Me

Guest shiloh357

The other day my daughter asked me, "Mommy, does God hate the devil?" :blink:

So I said, "Lemme get back to ya on that."

I have no idea whether or not God hates the devil. :noidea:

I know He hates sin and unrighteousness.

Leave it to a seven year old little girl.... :whistling:

Your thoughts?

The biblical answer is, Yes. God hates Satan. The Bible does not say in so many words, "God hates Satan." But it does demonstrate His personal hatred of Satan.

“The LORD tests the righteous, But the wicked and the one who loves violence His soul hates.” (Psalms 11:5)

Above is an example of God hating a person who loves violence. He hates not only the violence but the one who does it.

These six things the LORD hates, Yes, seven are an abomination to Him: A proud look, A lying tongue, Hands that shed innocent blood, A heart that devises wicked plans, Feet that are swift in running to evil, A false witness who speaks lies, And one who sows discord among brethren.” (Prov. 6:16-19)

He who hates Me hates My Father also (Jn 15:23) Does Satan hate Jesus?

The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity. Thou shalt destroy them that speak leasing: the LORD will abhor the bloody and deceitful man. (Psa 5:5-6)

Based on the above, we can ask the following questions:

1. Is Satan a worker of inquity?

2. Is Satan deceitful?

3. Is Satan a speaker of lies?

4. Does Satan sow discord?

5. Is Satan wicked? Does he love violence?

Satan is a person. He has personal attributes. God hates the persons who possess the qualities listed above and Satan possesses those qualities. Not only God does God hate Satan, but we to hate that which God hates (Ps 119:104; Ps 97:10: Amos 5:15; Romans 12:9, 12:21). Since God hates Satan, we are to hate Satan as well.

If God loved Satan, there would be a plan of redemption for him and the angels who fell with him. But Satan is outside the purview of any possible redemption. He is God’s enemy and Jesus defeated Satan at the cross. Satan is the enemy of our souls. Satan oppresses, takes captives, deceives, lies, murders destroys lives. The Bible says he is our enemy Peter 5:8.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

My opinion, and it's only an opinion, is that God can't hate any creation of His. He hates the sin and evil that satan represents.

Guest shiloh357

My opinion, and it's only an opinion, is that God can't hate any creation of His. He hates the sin and evil that satan represents.

The Bible says He can.

Yet, there is this: Luke 14:26 “If anyone comes to Me and does not hate his father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters, yes, and his own life also, he cannot be My disciple." (NKJV) I don't know if the word "hate" is the same word in the Greek or whatever, for all these scriptural references, but here it means "love less than."

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  203
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

When I first started reading this thread it seemed pretty cut and dried that Satan is evil, evil is hated by God, etc. But then I thought, that He created Satan and then sent him to hell to rule over it. So maybe He doesn't hate Satan so much as He is punishing Satan. You can punish your child and be very angry with him but you don't hate him. I don't know...but it is thought-provoking.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,798
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

When I first started reading this thread it seemed pretty cut and dried that Satan is evil, evil is hated by God, etc. But then I thought, that He created Satan and then sent him to hell to rule over it. So maybe He doesn't hate Satan so much as He is punishing Satan. You can punish your child and be very angry with him but you don't hate him. I don't know...but it is thought-provoking.

Satan doesnt rule hell.

Revelation 20

10 And the Devil who deceived them was cast into the Lake of Fire and Brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet were . And he will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  868
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/17/1981

Thank you guys so much. At least now I feel much more comfortable talking to her about this. I have some Scripture references I can show her. You guys are great.

:wub:

Guest shiloh357

Satan is not ruling hell. I think you miight get that from the movies or popular culture. But biblically, hell is not a place Satan rules. Nothing in the Bible supports that. Make no mistake. God hates Satan and his demons. That God created him is irrelevant. Conversely, God does not "love" the angels and the love of God is never referenced in connection with God and the angels. God's love is rememptive and mankind is the only object of redemption. God has no redemptive love for the angels, fallen or not or Satan himself.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

1 Cor 6:2-3

3 Do you not know that we shall judge angels ?

NASB

Satan doesn't rule hell.

Revelation 20

10 And the Devil who deceived them was cast into the Lake of Fire and Brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet were . And he will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

:thumbsup:

How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:

I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.

Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.

They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, saying,

Is this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms; Isaiah 14:12-16