IGNORED

I have 2 questions I hope someone can answer!

Tinky

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  196
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  1

This has been bothering me alot lately. If God numbers our days and sets the time for our deaths, does that mean God meant for aborted children to die when they did?

If so, for what purpose?

Thanx in advance!

Just a thought .. What if the days God gives to an aborted baby is 90 years but God allows the mother to sin by murdering the baby? God set the baby's time for 90 years but knows it's mother will murder it well before that time. So the true question would be why does God allow sin? To me I answer that with one of God's attributes is love and love is patience.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  0

name='Tinky' timestamp='1311690165' post='1700714'

This has been bothering me alot lately. If God numbers our days and sets the time for our deaths, does that mean God meant for aborted children to die when they did?

If so, for what purpose?

Thanx in advance!

The Word declares "that it is appointed once for man to die".........we all know that one day we are going to die but none of us knows what time our appointment will be. I'm reminded of Hezzakiah who had got sick and the prophet Isaiah prayed for him and God added to his life fifthteen more years. King Hezzakiah knew the time frame in which he would die as it had been foretold to him fifthteen more years.

Not all of us know when our divine appointment with death will come. Again as the Word tells us that the Lord comes at an hour "when ye think not" as in the parable of the man who tore down his barn so he could build a bigger barn to store up all of his wealth. But the Lord came at an hour in which he was not expecting and he found out that all of his worldly goods he had stored up could not sustain his life on this earth.

I do know that God is all knowing he knows what the future holds for each of us as individuals and he has not promised any of us the promise of tomorrow. Are our days on this earth all numbered ? I would have to say yes, as we will not live on this earth forever and this being the case they are all numbered but the number is unknown.

But it was not God who was responsible for death entering into this world but it was the responsibility of Satan. Through the deception of the woman Satan had tricked and lied to Eve and being decieved she ate from the forbidden tree and she went and gave the fruit to Adam. It was disobedience to the one law God gave Adam and that was he could eat from all the trees in the garden for food but he was forbidden to eat from the tree of knowledge of good and evil. It was through disobedience that death entered into the world we live and the consequences of disobedience was death for the Lord God said "in the day ye shall eat thereof ye shall surely die."

In the case of aborted children IMO would be what I've heard called a premature death. In my belief abortion is "murder" so any woman who goes and kills her own child is nothing more than a murderer cutting the life span of a human child off dying before their time. Just as Cain did he went and killed his own brother through the sin of murder and because of the sin of another person Abel's life span was cut short or stopped completely.

There is a promise of long life to those who honor their mother and father. It is the same when we make the choice to walk in obedience to the Lord for it is "life" but choosing to walk in disobedience is "death." There are innumerable ways in which premature deaths can happen as in car accidents, a fatal illness, slipping and falling, complications from surgery, and so much more.

God is aware of all of this and knows what the time of our days will be and we must remember that through Adam's disobedience death entered into the world but through Christ' obedience it brought life. So if we are in Christ Jesus we have a promise of everlasting life.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,602
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  01/01/1986

Thanx for all the great answers guys!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  443
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

If so, for what purpose?

Thanx in advance!

as i see it it about perspective....

god knows everything about everything, and because of that he knows when we will die, but just because god knows when it will happen does not mean that it was his will are he wanted it to happen (free will ya know. it always messes things up :laugh: )

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  633
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  06/05/1953

If so, for what purpose?

Thanx in advance!

In all honesty and as simplistic as it can be put; When God said He has numbered the days of man, He is simply saying that He has set a limit to man's life in the flesh. Many speculate over this but suffice it to say that while some die very young and some (a few actually) make it over the 100 year mark, there is a limit. As to when each of our deaths come, He knew before we were born yet, did not set a specific date for yours or mine individually. As to "set time", no. When He said; "It is appointed unto man once to die and, then the judgement", He is simply saying that each person is only appointed one life to live as they so choose and then they will die. After that death, only Resurrection or Judgement awaits. God did not set the date for anyone's death except for His own, The only Begotten Son sent for just that purpose, Jesus. That death was recorded before any creation was created.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  540
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  05/29/1960

If so, for what purpose?

Thanx in advance!

Psalm 90

10 The days of our lives are seventy years;

And if by reason of strength they are eighty years,

Yet their boast is only labor and sorrow;

For it is soon cut off, and we fly away.

Our days are shorter if we indulge our flesh (me, Diabetes through drinking). If only I knew God's commandments at an early age.

Proverbs 3

1 My son, do not forget my law,But let your heart keep my commands; 2 For length of days and long life And peace they will add to you.

• 1 month later...

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,384
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Birthday:  02/22/1996

If so, for what purpose?

Thanx in advance!

-As most people know everything happens for a reason thefore only God knows what those children would have grown up like, so its very possible that God took them out before then. But who really knows besides God himself.

• Topic Count:  506
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  1,922
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  4

That is a tough question. All I can do is give my perspective. I do not believe God sets dates for us to die, He may know the day of our death only because He is outside of our time and can see all things from beginning to end. Job 14 speaks of our days but it does not say that He limits our days and decides for us when we are born or die. But that God limits mans time on this earth, there are so many days alloted to mankind before God comes to restore all things back to Him. If God indeed set our days on this earth how can that baby not even born yet allowed to die before its given a chance to live? It is mans choice to murder not Gods. God doesn't sit up in His throne room setting dates for people to die, He allots men so much time, sometimes we die before we have lived out lives fully, sometimes we live to ripe old ages, its all apart of this fallen world we live in.

shalom,

Mizz

Psalm 104:29

King James Version (KJV)

29 Thou hidest thy face, they are troubled: thou takest away their breath, they die, and return to their dust.

From the very first man, Adam, God breathed the breath of life into us upon our birth. Some He breathes life into, others He does not.

When it is time for our demise, it is He who calls our breath back home to Him.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  1,683
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  02/14/1962

No,it is not God's will, but he already knows who will commit it.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  49
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  09/24/1986

If so, for what purpose?

Thanx in advance!

There is no if, it is the truth, brother.

He is The Giver of life and its Taker. He sets the time of our birth and the time of our death.

Allah takes life of any creature He wants at any time He wills. He is Its Giver and He is Its Taker and no one dares to juge Him.

Allah takes the life of fetus and babies not a punishment from them as death is not punishment, it is from His mercy to cause them die pure before committing any sin and in the after life their residence is Paradise.

Who suffers from the death of fetus? Fetus or their parents and family?

Their death is a test and lesson to the parents to see how they are patient and how they ask Him to compensate them and will they say "We are Allah's and to Him is our return".

Life is a big test, who will pass?