IGNORED

I have 2 questions I hope someone can answer!

Tinky

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,602
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  01/01/1986

This has been bothering me alot lately. If God numbers our days and sets the time for our deaths, does that mean God meant for aborted children to die when they did?

If so, for what purpose?

Thanx in advance!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Oh wow that is a difficult question.

I will give it some thought, but start by saying He is God, and His will is all.

But it gets me to asking if someone is murdered, how does that apply to your question, because essentially it is the same thing.

We can use the free will argument, and predestination, and a fallen world, but it does not go to the core of the question, what is God's plan in this?

Sorry I am rambling but it just my thought process at work. Resting in the statement "His will be done", will not work if we believe that (and we should), murder is not in His will.

I will do some reading and see what I come up with. I am sure others will have an opinion as well.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Content Count:  1,602
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  01/01/1986

Thank you Fez! I couldn't answer it when it was asked to me. The only comfort I have in the question is that those babies always go to heaven!

I think it has all to do with free will. For example: it was predetermined that Christ would be betrayed and to die on the Cross. But that didn't mean that Judas was predestined to be the one to betray him. It could have been anyone. Thus it is with the events of this world. It has been predetermined by God that certain events will take place which will bring about the Tribulation. But it does not mean that those who receive the mark, and those who refuse the mark has been predetermined. God has a will and a plan for us. But it is up to us to submit to His will and allow His plan to come to fruition. If we don't, than we are outside of His will and His plan for us will not take place.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,167
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

This has been bothering me alot lately. If God numbers our days and sets the time for our deaths, does that mean God meant for aborted children to die when they did?

If so, for what purpose?

Thanx in advance!

Well, it may well be thankx for nothing from me..... I'll ponder on it for a while but so far it brings out circular thinking on my part and i'd just have to say, "I don't have a clue." Maybe someone will come up with something we can nail it down with; I hope so for this is the kind of thing that keeps me awake at night.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  438
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,947
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  04/18/1949

If so, for what purpose?

Thanx in advance!

Psalms 22:9-10 KJV But thou art he that took me out of the womb: thou didst make me hope when I was upon my mother's breasts. 10 I was cast upon thee from the womb: thou art my God from my mother's belly.

Psalms 71:5-6 KJV For thou art my hope, O Lord GOD: thou art my trust from my youth. 6 By thee have I been holden up from the womb: thou art he that took me out of my mother's bowels: my praise shall be continually of thee.

Psalms 127:3-5 KJV Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward. 4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth. 5 Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them: they shall not be ashamed, but they shall speak with the enemies in the gate.

Psalms 139:13-18 KJV For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb. 14 I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well. 15 My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. 16 Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them. 17 How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them! 18 If I should count them, they are more in number than the sand: when I awake, I am still with thee.

Matthew 10:29-31 KJV Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing? and one of them shall not fall on the ground without your Father. 30 But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. 31 Fear ye not therefore, ye are of more value than many sparrows.

Luke 12:1-7 KJV In the mean time, when there were gathered together an innumerable multitude of people, insomuch that they trode one upon another, he began to say unto his disciples first of all, Beware ye of the leaven of the Pharisees, which is hypocrisy. 2 For there is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed; neither hid, that shall not be known. 3 Therefore whatsoever ye have spoken in darkness shall be heard in the light; and that which ye have spoken in the ear in closets shall be proclaimed upon the housetops. 4 And I say unto you my friends, Be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do. 5 But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him. 6 Are not five sparrows sold for two farthings, and not one of them is forgotten before God? 7 But even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not therefore: ye are of more value than many sparrows.

God's FOREKNOWLEDGE of all does not hint that He commanded or condoned the mother aborting their baby. However, God did know before the foundation of the world that this baby would be aborted, and He allowed it. The final outcome for the baby is not horrible. The baby belongs to God and went to God. We should all know that God has a special, tender spot for innocent children. Man showed no mercy, but God WILL.

Matthew 18:1-5 KJV At the same time came the disciples unto Jesus, saying, Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven? 2 And Jesus called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst of them, 3 And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven. 4 Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven. 5 And whoso shall receive one such little child in my name receiveth me.

• Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  10

That is a tough question. All I can do is give my perspective. I do not believe God sets dates for us to die, He may know the day of our death only because He is outside of our time and can see all things from beginning to end. Job 14 speaks of our days but it does not say that He limits our days and decides for us when we are born or die. But that God limits mans time on this earth, there are so many days alloted to mankind before God comes to restore all things back to Him. If God indeed set our days on this earth how can that baby not even born yet allowed to die before its given a chance to live? It is mans choice to murder not Gods. God doesn't sit up in His throne room setting dates for people to die, He allots men so much time, sometimes we die before we have lived out lives fully, sometimes we live to ripe old ages, its all apart of this fallen world we live in.

shalom,

Mizz

• Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,683
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/14/1962

If so, for what purpose?

Thanx in advance!

Ahh, foreknowledge, a sticky subject. Here is how I reason it out, and being human, I could be wrong. Time does not exist in heaven, so what will come to pass on this earth God has already seen happened. Humans are given free will, God does not make our choices for us, we make them, but He knows when everything will happen, because He has already seen it take place. No matter what we do or what we change, He has already seen it all

The second part of the question, why does God allow bad things to happen? The only thing I can figure is He wants us to see how bad this world is compared to Heaven, and that we need Him to have eternal life.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  895
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  1

If so, for what purpose?

Thanx in advance!

Death entered the world through sin by the choice of man. Therefore the sin in people is killing us through sickness like cancer and we bring death through our actions. Both are the result of disobedience to God. We are given a free will and are able to choose. Does God know that things would be as they are? yes. Does He Like it? no. CAn we say its Gods will? No, because to say it is, is to say Adams sin was His will. This is my thought, God Knew and knows how everthing will turn out depending ON WHAT WE CHOSE. If we chose His way He Knows how everything will turn out for us from beginning to end and the same is true if we chose not to follow His way. Any aborted baby did not happen because it was Gods will, rather the baby died at the choice of the mother because of her sin that exists in all people. This is why what Christ did on the cross is so increditble, the forgivness of our sin!!! :thumbsup:

e

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

I believe that God knows us before our conception as is indicated by Psalm 139:16 Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed.

And in Your book they all were written,

The days fashioned for me,

When as yet there were none of them.

If God knew all this, the rest is due to the 'free will' given to man by God. God will not interfere in the lives of men unless asked to do so.

God did not intend for the infant to be aborted - that was the choice of the mother. Did God know this would happen - Yes because He knows the beginning from the end.