taylor30

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  382
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  3

This may seem like an odd question, however I have had doubts about my own salvation for years. When I do good, I feel like I am trying to earn salvation. When I do bad, I feel like I couldn't have done those things if I were saved. I have sincerely prayed for salvation literally hundreds of times, and still there is no change.

So my question is this

Is it possible to prove that you are saved, or is there something that a saved person does that a lost person woud never do? Please provide a scriptural answer.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  59
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/09/1967

This may seem like an odd question, however I have had doubts about my own salvation for years. When I do good, I feel like I am trying to earn salvation. When I do bad, I feel like I couldn't have done those things if I were saved. I have sincerely prayed for salvation literally hundreds of times, and still there is no change.

So my question is this

Is it possible to prove that you are saved, or is there something that a saved person does that a lost person woud never do? Please provide a scriptural answer.

Taylor,

It is a good question, one that I am sure we all have asked ourselves.

Don't confuse salvation with sanctification. I'm still learning the sanctification part. The difference is salvation means we are saved and sanctification means we are being set apart. The fact that you feel bad is the Holy Spirit working on you. Should you be worried about sins, YES. Does it mean your not saved? I can't answer that question, but if you repent (turn away) they are forgiven. Are you gonna stumble? Yes, we all do. Sanctification is a process. As far as it concerns me and my walk, a very gradual one. I'm trying to stay in the word and on my knees.

As far as you feeling your trying to earn your salvation, you won't. The fact that it's still hard to "do good" is your flesh. Just trying to "do good" on your own will never get easier.

Stay in the word, stay in prayer and stay in fellowship. Lately, I have even starting to cut away from those who are not believers, watching what kind of shows and what kind of music I listen to. It's not "to be saved" but its to not allow myself to be influenced by the world.

I know these days preachers seem to always preach on "how to be saved" and hardly anything on "what's next".

Just my 2 cents.

L.J.

Because It Is Written

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

I Believe

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

So my question is this

Salvation is based on faith, not how we feel or how we perform.

Eph. 2

8 For by grace you have been saved through faith ; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God ; 9 not as a result of works, so that no one may boast.

Romans 10

9 that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved ; 10 for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation.

This does not mean we don't still struggle with sin, nor is this meant to be a license to do as we please. But, you are saved by confession of faith (strong trust) in Jesus - God-made-man, died as the final sacrifice for sin, rose on the third day - as the Lord of your life (what "giving your life to Him" is about), and repent of your sin (confess and renounce, even though it may take a while to completely overcome).

Prayers

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,420
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

This may seem like an odd question, however I have had doubts about my own salvation for years. When I do good, I feel like I am trying to earn salvation. When I do bad, I feel like I couldn't have done those things if I were saved.

Ro 7:15-25

15 For what I am doing, I do not understand. For what I will to do, that I do not practice; but what I hate, that I do. 16 If, then, I do what I will not to do, I agree with the law that it is good. 17 But now, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me. 18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) nothing good dwells; for to will is present with me, but how to perform what is good I do not find. 19 For the good that I will to do, I do not do; but the evil I will not to do, that I practice. 20 Now if I do what I will not to do, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me. Note the conflict that is here...

21 I find then a law, that evil is present with me, the one who wills to do good. 22 For I delight in the law of God according to the inward man. 23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. Note why the conflict is there...

24 O wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? 25 I thank God — through Jesus Christ our Lord!

NKJV Note where the true victory lies in Christ alone...

Ro 8:1-2

8 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. 2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.

NKJV

1 Jn 3:18-23

18 My little children, let us not love in word or in tongue, but in deed and in truth. 19 And by this we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before Him. 20 For if our heart condemns us, God is greater than our heart, and knows all things. 21 Beloved, if our heart does not condemn us, we have confidence toward God. 22 And whatever we ask we receive from Him, because we keep His commandments and do those things that are pleasing in His sight. 23 And this is His commandment: that we should believe on the name of His Son Jesus Christ and love one another, as He gave us commandment.

NKJV

One who loved you so much as to sacrifice Himself in such a way as the Cross deserves your putting your entire trust and faith in His Work of salvation. You have this conflict within you .... we all have conflict within us flesh verses spirit

I have sincerely prayed for salvation literally hundreds of times, and still there is no change.

Do you doubt God's Promise to you? We who have come to Christ reckon ourselves dead to the things of the past and alive to the newness of living in His Word by obedience and relationship... When we sin we say Father forgive me for ??? and turn back to the way He tells us to go-> this will continue till we go to be with Him. It sounds like there is something in you that does not wish to do what you are doing that is wrong???

We have to put our faith in Him and His accomplished work or else we Christ plus something! Those who add works to resume to enter heaven are judged by their works and turned away from Him. Matt 7:21-23. THEREFORE

I will stand before Jesus expecting entrance into heaven through Him and His Perfect Life being placed over my imperfect one... He is my hope, my everything this is The Salvation -

Now in Him alone lies all that I am and all that I wish not to be (removed). So that I may be like Him with a perfect heart that The Father will find pleasure in! This is sanctification- a process of being changed into His Likeness for The Fathers Glory!

So my question is this

Is it possible to prove that you are saved, or is there something that a saved person does that a lost person would never do? Please provide a scriptural answer.

Ro 8:16-17

16 The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, 17 and if children, then heirs — heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him, that we may also be glorified together.

NKJV

This is a promise God makes to us! If you are not experiencing this promise you get alone to yourself and you set down and open your heart to The Lord and you tell Him: You desire forgiveness for doubting His Son Word of promise

Ro 10:9-13

9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. 11 For the Scripture says, "Whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame." 12 For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, for the same Lord over all is rich to all who call upon Him. 13 For "whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved."

NKJV

Then you begin new patterns in your life- when you wake you immediately give Him your Life that He has saved for His use (this you do everyday till you die)

1 Co 7:22-24

22 For he who is called in the Lord while a slave is the Lord's freedman. Likewise he who is called while free is Christ's slave. 23 You were bought at a price; do not become slaves of men. 24 Brethren, let each one remain with God in that state in which he was called.

NKJV

1 Co 6:19-20

19 Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? 20 For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God's.

NKJV

Until you establish these patterns of walk with Him In His Word, Prayer, and obedience you will not experience the abundant life but if you do establish them you will have the most precious gift of all nearness of Him... Love, Steven

• 3 months later...

.... is there something that a saved person does that a lost person would never do? Please provide a scriptural answer.....

Yes

For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect?

God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged. Romans 3:3-4

Beloved~!

Bless the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name. Psalms 103:1

~

Trust In The LORD Always

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life. John 6:47

Again I Say

Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Proverbs 3:5-6

Trust

Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting. Psalms 139:23-24

~

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Thanks Joe, good words of scripture!

As to the Op, I will say one thing.

No one except yourself and God can define if you are saved or not.

Only He and you know your heart.

Blessings

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  1,185
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  02/19/1971

I know this is an old post, and don't know if Taylor still feels this way, but our assurance is only in Christ. It is natural for you to feel down or be in despair when you feel like you let God down. If the devil can keep us in the vicious cycle of counting up our good works, and counting up our bad, then he can have the weight of doubt crush us and hinder us from being productive Christians. You already said you sincerely prayed to God a million times, what more do you think God requires of you? How many more times do you think you need to do it before he actually honors his word and save you? Your heart is obviously attuned to believe God or else you wouldn't be worried or bothered by your sin. Take your eyes off yourself and place them firmly on Jesus. This burden of doubt is his to bear, and he gladly bears it. He is your Righteousness by the decree of God himself. We all have our bouts with doubt, yet we are still here, still fighting, still believing, still praying, still serving.

I heard a story by Ray Steadman about a young man who came to a preacher and told him he is tired, he always doubts his salvation, he is always being tempted by this or that, and he doesn't know if he can go on. The preacher straight out told him "give up". "Just quit then". The young man said "Preposterous! I cannot do that". lol You will never stop or give up. That's not even an option, which is why you continue to ask God to save you. He hears and see's all, and we have his promise that he that comes to him he will never cast out. He who calls on him shall be saved. After you get tired of running in circles, there will come a time when you will say enough, and rest on his promise.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,262
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Blessings

....and sometimes we can even deceive ourselves...... so I say in reality only the Lord knows.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Blessings

....and sometimes we can even deceive ourselves...... so I say in reality only the Lord knows.

You have a point....