IGNORED

Could you vote for a Mormon in the Whitehouse?

JohnD

Would this have devastating effects on evangelism and the eternal destiny of others?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Could you vote for a Mormon in the Whitehouse?

• Yes
    • No
    • there are extenuating circumstances I'll address in posts

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  65
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,066
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/02/1961

No, it's not. It's an honest, non-teenage answer.

Um, coming from you, that's rich, kid. You're 15....I saw a post recently from you that said "I know EVERYTHING"....yeah...the fact is, you know NOTHING. You take those who are older than you to task because you THINK you know "EVERYTHING"....You violate everything in Scripture when it says to respect your elders. You obviously don't care, and choose to continue to argue simply because you want to prove that you know EVERYTHING, when in fact again you know NOTHING.

I feel sorry for you, kid. You have no respect for anyone. We have people here who know Mormons, who live among Mormons and who actually have Mormons IN THEIR OWN FAMILIES, yet you continue to disbelieve them and argue.

Why don't you go play with your XBox and let people who know how to debate do that job?

a.

PS. I am sorry this came across as attacking, but the one thing I cannot stand is a 15 year old knowitall who knows NOTHING. Worse yet, he continues to show he knows NOTHING by pointless and stupid arguments. Perhaps this is what he wants--to provoke someone into telling him off. If that's the case, OK, I fell into it hook line and sinker. But, I can't stand seeing someone who is relatively "intelligent" proving himself to be stupid time after time.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Indent believe that Jesus rose from the dead and was crucified anymore. I did fpr a few days until I realized how closedminded Christians are.

Your logic in this is irrational.

Indent believe that Jesus rose from the dead and was crucified anymore. I did fpr a few days until I realized how closedminded Christians are.

You are entitled to your own opinion, and so am I.

Do you speak this way to your teachers?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,798
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

You are entitled to your own opinion, and so am I.

Your opinion brings death.

No, I don't speak that way to my teachers, ...

Justinian, if you want people here to respect you then you need to speak to us as you would your teachers. Instead you treat us like toys. This is not the way to speak to adults.

If you would speak to us the way you would speak to an adult face-to-face, you will find that people will be more inclined to have a decent conversation with you rather than reacting to your behavior.

I wish you would learn this.

I don't know what insecurity you are dealing with that drives you to make the world revolve around you, but I hope some day you will be able to deal with this.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

Anita, i was kidding when i said that I knew everything, okay? I don't see why you cant recognize a joke from seriousness. I am probably leAving this website forever in a few days, and thAts why I probably won't respond again. But that was the worst insult i have ever heard. Saying that to an agnostic is a lie. You know what, fine. Indent believe that Jesus rose from the dead and was crucified anymore. I did fpr a few days until I realized how closedminded Christians are. Enjoy your victory in this debate.

If what you are saying about your belief is true, then you never did believe. Your mind may of accepted it as a fact, but your heart rejected it. I say this because when Christ is in you, others will never change your faith.

You have, by your own admittance, been sitting under teachers that are not Christians. By doing this, you are creating a foundation based in secular understanding that is biased in their view of who Christ is, what a Christian is, and what makes up man. Some of the classes are created in a debate format (according to the information stated about the courses), which you also see as a good thing, as you came here to debate. The combination has created a spirit in you that you that is closed minded and unteachable. You believe you know enough about the subject, that you can come in here and debate with anyone, and every time someone tells you what scripture says, you argue with them any way you can that they are wrong.

If you truly are a seeker of truth, then stop arguing, state facts and discuss, not debate. You do have a lot of questions and we can help you with the answers. This is done through discussing the questions, a piece at a time, if need be. First, you have to be willing to sit and listen, not jump around like a Mexican jumping bean from one topic to another, from one thread to another. This takes discipline, and to become a disciple also takes discipline. Are you willing to work at this?

I do pray that God opens you heart and mind, breaks the heart of stone you have and opens your closed mind to His truth. In other words, may His will be done in your life.

In Christ,

Alan

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,798
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

No, I don't speak that way to my teachers, but I ask them questions which most of them can't answer or refuse to answer.

What kind of death do you speak of?

Romans 6

23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

John 3

18 He who believes on Him is not condemned, but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only-begotten Son of God.

Your opinion leads to rejection of Jesus, which leads to death.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

No, I don't speak that way to my teachers, but I ask them questions which most of them can't answer or refuse to answer.

What kind of death do you speak of?

It sounds like you try to trap your teachers with questions, appearing to be "one up" on them, as you have done here many times. I agree with Neb and AJ, that your disrespect for us is prevalent and you are not honest in your search for truth.

Death, in this sense, is an eternal separation from God. Everyone dies physically, but not all will spend eternity separated from God. The choice is ours to make.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,250
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

No, I don't speak that way to my teachers, ...

Justinian, if you want people here to respect you then you need to speak to us as you would your teachers. Instead you treat us like toys.

I think that was the idea from the Start Neb.

No. It was not my idea from the start. My idea was to learn. We learn by questioning.

No, you learn by listening and dialoguing.

Your method has been question and object with no substance to your objection.