~candice~

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

I am sensing a bit of sarcasm in these posts. I understand that inflection can be hard to determine in type on an internet forum and I might be off but if not then let it be known that sarcasm is a form of release of anger. This is important because if one hates their brother in their heart they have already murdered him in the Lords eyes.

Feel free to show where Matthitjah harbors hate or that his comments are a reflection of anger he has in his heart.

Bearing false witness, as you are doing now, is a sin too.

Guest shiloh357

I hope you don't use microwaves, drive cars, have xrays, take antibiotics, go to the cinemas, use a computer, the internet, a lawn mower, electric razor, ride a bike, etc etc.

Jesus is not trying to set up a theocracy here on earth, not yet anyway. When He does, He will succeed. In the mean time, we have a secular government, and you've been given the responsibility of a vote. As I indicated earlier, sometimes not voting is a worse choice to make than voting for the least-bad candidate.

I don't understand your point on the use of things except that there is no authorization directly of the use of these things found in scripture? If that is what you mean then there is a simple explanation as to how they differ from voting for leadership.

God did not give me a responsibility to vote. Men using their logic come to the conclusion that one is irresponsible if they don't vote. God be the judge between us.

Gary

God also hasn't given you specific instructions on how to wash your clothes so I hope your not using a laundry machine and walking around stinking all the time.:thumbsup:

I am sensing a bit of sarcasm in these posts. I understand that inflection can be hard to determine in type on an internet forum and I might be off but if not then let it be known that sarcasm is a form of release of anger. This is important because if one hates their brother in their heart they have already murdered him in the Lords eyes.

The truth is that what is being brought up is the use of modern tools versus voting for leadership. There is much biblical evidence that shows that it is perfectly OK to use the most modern tools available to accomplish a task. The two cannot be compared. One ought to stick to showing from scripture the way that God would have leaders selected to rule over people. These other things become apples and oranges and are offering confusion instead of clarity.

Love in Christ,

Gary

Oh please, stop being so dramatic. The point is that they are exposing the internal inconsistency in your logic.

My God bless you, keep you and guide you in all you do.

Gary

Don't offer insincere "blessings" and exploit the love of God to protect your pride.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

I hope you don't use microwaves, drive cars, have xrays, take antibiotics, go to the cinemas, use a computer, the internet, a lawn mower, electric razor, ride a bike, etc etc.

Jesus is not trying to set up a theocracy here on earth, not yet anyway. When He does, He will succeed. In the mean time, we have a secular government, and you've been given the responsibility of a vote. As I indicated earlier, sometimes not voting is a worse choice to make than voting for the least-bad candidate.

I don't understand your point on the use of things except that there is no authorization directly of the use of these things found in scripture? If that is what you mean then there is a simple explanation as to how they differ from voting for leadership.

God did not give me a responsibility to vote. Men using their logic come to the conclusion that one is irresponsible if they don't vote. God be the judge between us.

Gary

God also hasn't given you specific instructions on how to wash your clothes so I hope your not using a laundry machine and walking around stinking all the time.:thumbsup:

The truth is that what is being brought up is the use of modern tools versus voting for leadership. There is much biblical evidence that shows that it is perfectly OK to use the most modern tools available to accomplish a task. The two cannot be compared. One ought to stick to showing from scripture the way that God would have leaders selected to rule over people. These other things become apples and oranges and are offering confusion instead of clarity.

Love in Christ,

Gary

Gary,

Not at all but thanks for sitting in judgment on your brothers heart.:thumbsup:

Meanwhile, the Bible doesn't clarify rules for many modern things that are existence today. Take for instance Airplanes. Are you avoiding those?

This is why God rules from our heart.

God allowed the Israelites to have their own King even though He was their King. In essence the ISraelites voted for a King like the Nations that surrounded them. This was a regrettable sin but God used it for Good in bringing forth the King of kings by Covenant. It was simply His plan all along and despite human interference and sin, He accomplished it.

What some have done here and what you don't like is to extrapolate your absurd idea to its absolute absurd end and you're not too comfrotable with it.

Peace,

Dave

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,194
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0

If your that unhappy with the choice, stand for election yourself.

It's not that simple, amor.

in.a democracy it is. You work with those whose opinions you share stand for election and try and win suppport for your cause. Assuming you find the existing choices really unexeptable.

Your oversimplification is due to the fact that you are not an American and do not understand what it takes to run for office.

Candice isn't American either.

So what special qualifications do you need to be judged fit to run for office in the USA.

Guest shiloh357

in.a democracy it is. You work with those whose opinions you share stand for election and try and win suppport for your cause. Assuming you find the existing choices really unexeptable.

Your oversimplification is due to the fact that you are not an American and do not understand what it takes to run for office.

So what special qualifications do you need to be judged fit to run for office in the USA.

Candice understands our system better than you do.

It isn't about qualifications as much as it is about resources, time and other life considerations that make running for office a possibility. Campaigns require phenomenal resources and not just anyone can raise the kind of money needed. Not only that, there are family considerations, particularly if you have young kids in school. Some things are more important than running for office.

Not only that but it take a considerable amount of savvy with regard to the main issues and peripheral issues that one could face having to understand. Not everyone is skilled in rhetoric or public speaking and even if they have a good idea, they may not have the presence and skill to present it effectively to the public. Good ideas presented badly end up falling flat.

Not only that, but politics requires one to have a very thick skin and be able to handle criticism from both the media, and their opponents. Not everyone can do that.

It takes a special type of person to run for office AND to be electable at the same time. Sure anyone can run for office, but that is no indication that they should.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Not being American I am not too sure, but I think one of the qualifications needed is a lot of money? (kinda like in any "democracy", ours included). Lets not fool ourselves, a Saint with cents will lose against a degenerate with ($)'s (insert your currency here), every time.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

Usually a LOT of money....brains, experience or morals have little to do with it a lot of times. (There ARE some good people in office.....).

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  550
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  2

John J McCloy, chirman of the Council on Foreign Relations, chairman of Chase Manhattan Bank and foreign policy advisor to six U.S. presidents. McCloy said, "whenever we needed a new man [for a government position], we just thumbed through the roll of council members and put through a call to New York."1

The CFR has control over both the Democratic and Republican party candidates. Since Franklin D. Roosevelt, every President has been associated with the CFR. In Tragedy and Hope, Georgetown professor Carroll Quigley said, "The argument that the two parties should represent opposed ideals and policies, one, perhaps of the Right and the other of the Left, is a foolish idea. Instead the two parties should be almost identical, so that the American people can 'throw the rascals out' at any election without leading to any profound or extensive shifts on policy." When the electorate grows weary of one of the establishment's parties, he continued, "it should be able to replace it, every four years if necessary, by the other party, which...will still pursue, with new vigor, approximately the same basic policies."

I don't vote.

1Victor Marchelli and John D. Marks, The CIA and the Cult of Intelligence, (New York: Dell Publishing Co., 1974) 267.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

The discussion has long since taken a turn to the unprofitable and unedifying.

Summary:

Some of you vote and cannot understand why other people don't.

A few have explained reasons for why they do not vote some accepted kindly others rejected.

I stand on the opposite end of the spectrum as the voters because I believe it isn't Gods intention for us to vote in our leadership. Many have stated various beliefs opposing mine. It is difficult to converse with people who use words like 'stupid' and 'holier than thou' because they disagree with where you stand. Of course no one else sees anything wrong with what is said because they agree with the poster. Be it far from me, I have not 'judged' anyone here but only inquired about the use of 'apparent' sarcasm. The judgment is coming and we will all be there. My hope is that all of us survive the cut.

8 But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath, 9 Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile;

May the Lord bless you and keep you,

Gary

Guest shiloh357
I stand on the opposite end of the spectrum as the voters because I believe it isn't Gods intention for us to vote in our leadership.

Which is a misapplication of Scripture. The Bible is silent on voting because it was not part of the culture in which the Bible was produced. There is nothing unbiblical or against God's will where voting is concerned. It is not promoted by the Scriptures, but neither does it violate or go crosswise with Scripture. To say it is goes against God's intentions is just not something you can defend from Scripture. The Bible is silent on this isue.