IGNORED

Christians have no right to wear a cross to work?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.08
  • Days Won:  78

Personally, I wear a red & white lapel pin which says: I LOVE J.C.! I'm asked all the time, Who is J.C.? I reply, "It's not Johnny Cash or Juliua Caesar or Joseph Carpenter: It's Jesus Christ!"They look, they repeat it back to me and we proceed to converse. Amen, Jesus! "That I might by all means win some!"

:thumbsup:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,246
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  5

i looked sharia law in texas and found nothing to substiate that claim as well knowing muslims as i do. surely that would be busy.

Just google "Texas Sharia Court".

The important point to remember is that in the USA and inthe UK muslims, jews and other religious groups have theirown courts/tribunals to settle civil (not criminal) disputes between members of that community who chose to use those courts rather than the official civil legal system.

As long as all paties involved are willing to accept these judgements I see nothing wrong with this

i have theres no case law or history of said cases.

and well in sharia law if said muslims convert to christianity or any other faith they should die. im sure you wouldnt want a christian version of that based on the the old american religous courts per the puritans as witches died,gays died, and also adulterers. funny aint it?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.93
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

The important point to remember is that in the USA and inthe UK muslims, jews and other religious groups have theirown courts/tribunals to settle civil (not criminal) disputes between members of that community who chose to use those courts rather than the official civil legal system.

As long as all paties involved are willing to accept these judgements I see nothing wrong with this

and well in sharia law if said muslims convert to christianity or any other faith they should die. im sure you wouldnt want a christian version of that based on the the old american religous courts per the puritans as witches died,gays died, and also adulterers. funny aint it?

In amor's case, you would have to ask if he sees no problem with this death penalty being legislated in Great Britain.

Guest shiloh357

Firstly, there are Sharia courts in Texas, so they're not a particularly British phenomena.

As to crucifixes people should be free to wear religious symbols if they wish, but do we need indeed should we wear these graven images?

A cross is not a graven image, amor. The Bible forbids graven images in terms of idols to be worshipped.

he probably would. our country was founded on judeo christian values and our courts ruled with that lean to them. sure we borrowed from english law and other things but the morals were from our puritan heritage. the supreme court has never denied this totally!

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  2,194
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0

In amor's case, you would have to ask if he sees no problem with this death penalty being legislated in Great Britain.

I oppose the death penalty in any context, burt I see no problems in Muslims or Jews using their own tribunals to settle civil disputes. There is a clear difference between civil and criminal law.

I oppose the death penalty in any context, burt I see no problems in Muslims or Jews using their own tribunals to settle civil disputes. There is a clear difference between civil and criminal law.

not in islam there isnt. you get drunk you die if caught. sharia law in saudi does just that. if you are drunk while driving and are caught you are beheaded. its not a civil matter.

the ten commandments are just a civil law there were also a penal code in some parts. isreal did kill men and women for idolatry and what not as that was a crime to god. if you doubt that read romans one and see what he feels about all sins listed there(worthy of death). thats the point and place where grace comes in. we are worthy of death and god sent his son to die for us!

You can find things if you look see here and here

Jewish courts in the USA

Guest shiloh357

In the United States, we have a legal system. We have a system of due process and no one has the right to come into our country and set up their own courts and legal system on our soil, be they Jew, Muslim or whatever. If they want to live under Sharia law, then go live in a Muslim nation. Sharia law has no place in the United States. Islamic law is not going to be the law of our land, pure and simple.

How do you stop people who freely chose to have their disputes regulated by a religious court?