Sevenseas

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

OK, well I'm relatively new here, but I'm not new to Christian forums and belonged to one for several years until it transferred

over to fb...just not the same expereince sadly and so I went looking for another forum to join ...I've tried a number and so far

I think this one might be kinda close to the one I liked so much

There are some interesting similarities, one being people who post in a hit and run manner, don't answer questions and do not

volunteer the source of their ... ahem...'material'

We had people like that and actually that is not always a bad thing, IMO, because it causes others to really search the scriptures

and post them in response to define the errors or perceived errors of the poster who can't be bothered with details

I like a lively discussion...I don't like accusations and knee jerk responses designed to cause a person to respond to the accusation

rather than the thread.

At any rate, I was wondering about other people's thought on the matter

Let's be civil...no naming of posters who possibly act in a manner I have described...who knows, maybe they will tell us why they

feel they don't have to respond?

As far as I am concerned, everyone is anonymous and no need to take things personally. Thanks

Guest ByGod'sGrace

OK, well I'm relatively new here, but I'm not new to Christian forums and belonged to one for several years until it transferred

over to fb...just not the same expereince sadly and so I went looking for another forum to join ...I've tried a number and so far

I think this one might be kinda close to the one I liked so much

There are some interesting similarities, one being people who post in a hit and run manner, don't answer questions and do not

volunteer the source of their ... ahem...'material'

We had people like that and actually that is not always a bad thing, IMO, because it causes others to really search the scriptures

and post them in response to define the errors or perceived errors of the poster who can't be bothered with details

I like a lively discussion...I don't like accusations and knee jerk responses designed to cause a person to respond to the accusation

rather than the thread.

At any rate, I was wondering about other people's thought on the matter

Let's be civil...no naming of posters who possibly act in a manner I have described...who knows, maybe they will tell us why they

feel they don't have to respond?

As far as I am concerned, everyone is anonymous and no need to take things personally. Thanks

I am a newbie too, and on the whole, I find this forum to be very very helpful.

I have however came across some of those posts that you refer to. In my opinion, I think pride sometimes gets in the way of a good discussion. That uncommon ability to say 'I don't know' to some of the questions that may arise. I do believe we are all guilty of these, and it can take a lot to admit when wrong.

I am a newbie too, and on the whole, I find this forum to be very very helpful.

I have however came across some of those posts that you refer to. In my opinion, I think pride sometimes gets in the way of a good discussion. That uncommon ability to say 'I don't know' to some of the questions that may arise. I do believe we are all guilty of these, and it can take a lot to admit when wrong.

Hi ByGod'sGrace

I guess that can be a factor in some instances...but I was thinking more along the lines of people who disagree with the scripture that is posted and put another

spin on it. They do not back up their own opinions, but just disagree with others.

They tell you that you are wrong but never offer any reason other than an opinion as to why that might be

I find that disingenuous.

On the other side, I like these forums also.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Debating is a skill that not everyone has, nor that everyone has been properly trained in. This is why you see this happening.

Debating is a skill that not everyone has, nor that everyone has been properly trained in. This is why you see this happening.

Hi Nebula

Well, I've never been 'trained' in debating, as you put it, but I think it is important to at least offer scripture for your

opinions when you indicate that what you post is in the Bible.

But no worries, seems this is dead in the water anyway :rolleyes:

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  10

Hi Nebula

Well, I've never been 'trained' in debating, as you put it, but I think it is important to at least offer scripture for your

opinions when you indicate that what you post is in the Bible.

But no worries, seems this is dead in the water anyway :rolleyes:

Everytime I see the title of this thread I think of my mom and her saying 'Because I told you so!'. :21:

Often times its pride that gets in the way and pride is the reason people keep insisting what they say is correct. Doesnt matter if they are right when pride is speaking not much else is being heard. There is a way to get ones point across and then let God work on the person. Gee I like to be right who doesnt! :laugh: I just know enough to know that I dont know everything and am lucky to have been given what He has shown me. I like to talk about His word, it is my favorite subject hands down but I do not like to get into heated debates where lines are drawn in the sand leaving no more room to grow and learn. And most of the time those threads are left with people feeling bitter or hurt where is Gods grace and mercy in all that. :noidea: Just me adding my nickels worth of opinion.

shalom,

Mizz

• Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Just understand that I am always right and we will get along fine :laugh:

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

Mea culpa! Just so that you know I may add my two cents and have no more time than for that since I am already late for something or other if not at home and someone is calling then at the church or who knows where. I do realize that I may hit and run because when I do get a chance to look in again I have to go back 3 or 4 pages to find myself and catch up to where the discussion has gone. So before hand I apologize if I should do that. That is why I try to do the easy ones if I can because the others are on page 134 by the time I come back.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  10

Just understand that I am always right and we will get along fine :laugh:

Hey here I thought I had the corner on being right, hmmmmmm :24:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  7