Sevenseas

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1

Ya, I too didn't even start checking my content page until 190 posts or so. I'm sure I missed comments but then sometimes I wished I hadn't made some of the comments in a thread I really wanted to avoid so if I've been rude, I do apologize, my online manner must grow in maturity. Offenses will happen.

Doesn't iron sharpening iron have a bit to do with personality difficulties along with argumentation and discussion in scripture?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

LOL...I'm not sure why this is turning into a please accept my apologies if you meant me...I didn't

No...my questions are more along the lines of...

"I don't care what scripture you post that shows I am wrong...I'm still right because your interpretation is wrong..."

something like that.......I have seen that type of response in a number of forums and I have seen the same here

Wouldn't you (generic you) WANT to know if you were holding onto something that wasn't biblical even if it was your favorite pet doctrine?

For example, some people handily pull something out of the OT because what they are trying to use as a proof text, just isn't in the NT...

or they will point to the NT and state the OT is no longer relevant

No one has the market cornered on knowledge and I do believe we need each other to help each other and reach right conclusions

I dunno.....I have seen some people in serious error and they just won't listen and keep on their path until they go over the cliff...(not on these forums obviously)

but when I see the same kind of 'so there in your face you are wrong' attitude, I wonder how long until they hit a wall...and then blame God

I always pray to be straightened out and that I want the truth...and yes it can really hurt...

Maybe I'm being too foggy in these questions? :blink:

Another scary thought is that people can go their whole lives in error and it seems to me those people are more determined to carry on in that error than

those, who while they have accepted Christ as their savior, still search for truth knowing that deception is possible...and yes, I have someone in mind in

particular (not a member of this forum)

Sorry...this kinda stuff just really bothers me....... :(

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

Some do not have a teachable spirit.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  10

LOL...I'm not sure why this is turning into a please accept my apologies if you meant me...I didn't

"I don't care what scripture you post that shows I am wrong...I'm still right because your interpretation is wrong..."

something like that.......I have seen that type of response in a number of forums and I have seen the same here

Wouldn't you (generic you) WANT to know if you were holding onto something that wasn't biblical even if it was your favorite pet doctrine?

For example, some people handily pull something out of the OT because what they are trying to use as a proof text, just isn't in the NT...

No one has the market cornered on knowledge and I do believe we need each other to help each other and reach right conclusions

I dunno.....I have seen some people in serious error and they just won't listen and keep on their path until they go over the cliff...(not on these forums obviously)

but when I see the same kind of 'so there in your face you are wrong' attitude, I wonder how long until they hit a wall...and then blame God

I always pray to be straightened out and that I want the truth...and yes it can really hurt...

Another scary thought is that people can go their whole lives in error and it seems to me those people are more determined to carry on in that error than

those, who while they have accepted Christ as their savior, still search for truth knowing that deception is possible...and yes, I have someone in mind in

It bothers a lot of us. :b: It is pride that will not let us stand aside and let God work out the details in us or others. I have a bit of different take on things than a lot of people here, but even though I think I am led to keep His feasts because I can find 'proof in scriptures both old and new' that they have not been done away with, does not give me the right to insist that others should think as I do. Taking a different scriptural stance doesnt make a person right either, doesnt give the person the right to keep proudly insisting that one is using things correctly thus implying the other is incorrect. It is not up to us to change a persons mind we do not have that ability, unless its by force and occasionally it does seem the way words are used is akin to the force of ones body language and perhaps verbally also.

There is such a thing as coming out strongly on false doctrines, but even then some consider all kinds of differing things such as keeping Sabbath as a false doctrine and rush to condemn. I think we should all tape the fruits of the Spirit to our screens and make sure that whatever we write exhibits at least a few in each post. After all we are supposed to be walking in the newness of the Spirit or walking as if we are already in the kingdom. End of rant! :P

shalom,

Mizz

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

sometimes the deception is from self. Those who are hearers only and not doers of the word deceive themselves (James)

sometimes the deception comes from God. Those who do not receive a love of the truth receive a deception from God (2 Thes 2)

Many reasons why people stay deceived and cannot receive the truth even though you speak plainly to them.

If we want to remove the 'mote' from our brothers eye, we must remove the beam from our own. The blindness spoken of by Jesus is the fact that we must understand righteousness equals revelation. Jesus hung out with 12 guys for what, about 2 years or so before one could finally declare by revelation that he was the son of God? He spent the whole 2 years washing them in the water of Gods word that they might be prepared to have truth revealed unto them. He spoke to the rest in parables that they not receive the truth.

Patience in ministry work is an amazing trait in those who have gone through the cycle of tribulation->patience->experience->hope->love of God shed abroad in heart...a few times. It gets easier with more experience. Don't loose heart.

Gary

Guest HisG

I am guilty of walking away from a thread I have started because it has degenerated into a cesspool of vileness...

just to put it gently :whistling:

I should definitely stand my ground more often but the slinging just takes the wind out of my sails unfortunately.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,246
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  5

i have found that in the end times debates at times. i have done it. sometimes its just worth the bother and i wont respond or post those that arent going to listen. ie when i deal with catholics and also theistic evolutionist.

I am guilty of walking away from a thread I have started because it has degenerated into a cesspool of vileness...

just to put it gently :whistling:

I should definitely stand my ground more often but the slinging just takes the wind out of my sails unfortunately.

Don't feel bad. Sometimes the best thing to do is just walk away. It gets really obvious when a thread starts to "turn" as it were. :)

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  47
  • Content Count:  628
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  08/14/1984

Have had to apologize one more than one occasion upon seeing myself in error. Be it in words chosen, or understanding of another person here.blush.gif

Communication sometimes can be very difficult, especially when discussing matters that are very con-traversal without allowing one's personal

feelings to get in the way. It is something that must be prayed about and surely worth doing so.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

Thanks very much for responding everyone. I did read all your posts...just wanted to know what others were thinking

about this topic...I guess there are a number of different answers that apply.

Anyway, thanks again.