ayin jade

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

Thought it was time for a nice thread that discussed how we regard the Lord.

My husband frequently mentions how struck he is by the holiness of God in scripture.

So I tried to think of what strikes me about the Lord. What strikes you about the Lord? What quality of His character stands out to you?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  775
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/12/1987

I know this may sound hypocritical coming from me. But I felt like I needed to say this.

The thing that strikes me most about God is his love. The fact that he has always provided someone to be there for me throughout every period in my life. I've always had friends (my twin for example) or mentors, or guides. In that way God has never left me. He has loved me enough to put people onto my path to encourage me and help me through this miserable life. And some of those people are people here on Worthy- both believers and unbelievers.

and sometimes I don't thank Him enough for that. Sometimes I get really short sided- and close minded and I fail to see that God has loved me all along. That without God love wouldn't even exist.

For me God is love

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  70
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

His grace is what strikes me as amazing. Grace to be saved with and grace for each new day til we leave this rock and head home to heaven. His love stops me in my tracts, no matter what a person has done He loves and forgives. That He forgave us 2,000 yrs ago, and His love and grace is still going on to that last soul ever born that needs a Savior. He is Lord!!! amazing grace that saved the human race sets us in His heavenly place then we finally get to see His precious face. Grace grace God's grace, grace that will pardon and cleanse with in, grace grace God's grace, grace that is greater than all my sin.

:):emot-hug:

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,117
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Jesus as awesome as he is, calls us his friends..... friends....... to me that's just....... well where are the words....

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  448
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

The Lord Jesus Christ sits upon the high throne because He has earned it.

This is no image of uncaring divinity dwelling in a place of authority over earthly creatures who are but pawns in His schemes as pagan religions would have us believe. This is not some self-important entity. This is not some person who cannot identify with the human condition.

This is Jesus who walked among us, who knows our weaknesses and strengths and who suffered public humiliation and execution to buy our liberty from sin and God's judgment. If human olympic achievements are raised to the level of global adoration and admiration, then how much more that life which Jesus lived and gave up for us. There is no equal in all of human history.

This is Jesus who is personally known by millions. Not for the issuance of law and regulation only, but for setting us free from the traps we have made for ourselves and for those made for us by others.

This is Jesus who now calls us friend, when we once were counted among the numbers of the enemy. Kindness and mercy are in His heart and blessings are in His hand.

HE deserves the throne. When His name is praised in heaven it is for a host of good earthly reasons as well as Holy ones.

but that's just me, hollering from the choir loft...

Edited by rjp34652

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  47
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  628
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  08/14/1984

How He reveals Himself to us.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,874
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  07/08/1955

What impresses me most about God is that he is BIG, I mean real BIG, people don't realize how big God is. God created and knows everything, everything you see and don't see. If we would compare God's wisdom to Einsteins wisdom, Einstein would look like a preschooler.(if even that)

Now that is BIG.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Few things for me: the cross of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Second: His infinite attributes. How there's no end in the characteristics of God. How if one wanted to search out the wisdom of God, they could delve inside the certain glory of God and even for an eternity of eternities, they wouldn't even reach the foothills of how magnificently deep His wisdom goes. Everything just goes on forever with God. Including His love He revealed to us in Christ Jesus.

That's what thrills me.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  806
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Birthday:  10/21/1973

Good responses.

His mercy & grace by sending His Son.

The whole fact that He exists & caused all good things in creation to exist. (All bad things, such as disease, flesh-eating bacteria, etc. are due to a fallen world).

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Everything. But of course let me pick one in particular thing to speak on. His Sovereignty. Not only are there 7 billion people running around this globe doing 7 billion different things at one time, there are also an untold number of angelic creatures doing things that affect our world as well. Through it all God is sovereign and works 'all' things to the counsel of his own will.

Welcome to Earth, the greatest puppet show in the universe. Most people don't believe it but it doesn't change the truth of it.

Gary