IGNORED

Navy SEAL of God? Are Christians suppose to be pacifistic?

steven84

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  365
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  6

Matthew 8:5 "And when Jesus was entered into Capernaum, there came unto him a centurion, beseeching him, 6And saying, Lord, my servant lieth at home sick of the palsy, grievously tormented. 7And Jesus saith unto him, I will come and heal him. 8The centurion answered and said, Lord, I am not worthy that thou shouldest come under my roof: but speak the word only, and my servant shall be healed. 9For I am a man under authority, having soldiers under me: and I say to this man, Go, and he goeth; and to another, Come, and he cometh; and to my servant, Do this, and he doeth it. 10When Jesus heard it, he marvelled, and said to them that followed, Verily I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel."

That faith had little to do with the roman being a soldier and more to do with the fact that he believed Jesus could heal without even entering his home.

See how people take things out of context to support a strawman arguement?

Matthew 5:38 "Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth: 39But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also. 40And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloke also. 41And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain. 42Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away."

This passage is obviously sayong not to return evil for evil but give even more then is asked of you.

i dont see our god telling us to standby and not stop any form of evil.

Jesus allowed Himself to be crucified so who is "our god" that you reference, the war god perhaps?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Jos_3:9 And Joshua said to the people of Israel, "Come here and listen to the words of the LORD your God."

Jos_3:10 And Joshua said, "Here is how you shall know that the living God is among you and that He will without fail drive out from before you the Canaanites, the Hittites, the Hivites, the Perizzites, the Girgashites, the Amorites, and the Jebusites.

Yes.

Luke 3:14 "King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)

And the soldiers likewise demanded of him, saying, And what shall we do? And he said unto them, Do violence to no man, neither accuse any falsely; and be content with your wages."

Lie to yourselves all you like but leave those who seek truth to find it.

Matthew 8:5 "And when Jesus was entered into Capernaum, there came unto him a centurion, beseeching him, 6And saying, Lord, my servant lieth at home sick of the palsy, grievously tormented. 7And Jesus saith unto him, I will come and heal him. 8The centurion answered and said, Lord, I am not worthy that thou shouldest come under my roof: but speak the word only, and my servant shall be healed. 9For I am a man under authority, having soldiers under me: and I say to this man, Go, and he goeth; and to another, Come, and he cometh; and to my servant, Do this, and he doeth it. 10When Jesus heard it, he marvelled, and said to them that followed, Verily I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel."

That faith had little to do with the roman being a soldier and more to do with the fact that he believed Jesus could heal without even entering his home.

See how people take things out of context to support a strawman arguement?

Matthew 5:38 "Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth: 39But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also. 40And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloke also. 41And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain. 42Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away."

This passage is obviously sayong not to return evil for evil but give even more then is asked of you.

So then, is it your belief that it is a sin to be a member of the military?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  1,246
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  5

i dont see our god telling us to standby and not stop any form of evil.

Jesus allowed Himself to be crucified so who is "our god" that you reference, the war god perhaps?

so calling the law to stop a crime is a sin? get a grip. have you endangered your life so that some innocent might live free? I HAVE, have you called the law to stop a women being beaten? I have. have you called the law to save a life or two? i have. that is in part what i meant. one cant play the high road and say that the cops job to kill if he has too and its on him when the word according to you says dont repay evil for evil. evil being defined as any form of violence.

lol. that isnt in the bible.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

Considering Jesus will return as Captain and Chief of a conquering army, and that many will die in that war, I find it incredulous that Christians believe they MUST practice pacifism.

i prefer to at peace but will fight if need be.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.93
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Some where I heard that we just kill them all, then God will sort them out for us later. Trying to find the scripture now.

Not in Scripture, though someone may have "based" it off a Scripture (in quotes for a reason).

Read about it here

It seems to be traced back to Arnaud-Armaury, the Abbot of Citeaux, the Papal Legate . . . whoever that is.

Another famous quote in a similar vein:

Duty is ours; consequences our God's by Stonewall Jackson

(Note: just answering the question)