• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

5 hours ago, Ezra said:

Absolutely. Christ must first come FOR His saints (the Rapture) before He can come WITH His saints (the Second Coming).  Connecting the Rapture to the Tribulation or the Great Tribulation has no basis in Scripture.

Amen Ezra!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

14 minutes ago, RobertS said:

They should, especially after learning the core of the faith.

Hi Robert,

I used to check Rapture Ready now and then to see what they are posting and never really seen anything bad going on , this is too bad as it is a nice website to check for more Christian news and to read people's opinions ..

I realize this topic is from 2012 and my views of the rapture have changed a bit but either way ,someday we be with the Lord and I will meet you brother and we have fellowship for all eternity!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

19 minutes ago, RobertS said:

They should, especially after learning the core of the faith.

I agree :)

Guest Robert

Well, it depends on which part you're checking, Angels. The main site is usually okay, but the forum section (which is a separate forum like this one) can get really bad at times.

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, seeking the lost said:

I do not see that proving that there is a resurrection which is necessary before a rapture (we will not precede those who are asleep).  Did you find freedom to add one to prove your point?

No need for that snide  remark, "Did you find freedom to add one to prove your point?"

"I'm not trying to prove anything, nor am I adding anything to prove anything, that's not my idea of getting the truth out there as we are instructed to do.

I am doing nothing more than quoting all the scriptures covering this doctrine for all to see and they can make up their own minds what they wish to believe. Personally I believe what is written, not what men think, say, of teach which is contrary to the scriptures.

No one said that at the rapture we will precede those who are asleep at least I never?

At the Rapture, the Lord comes from Heaven as far as the air, or Earthly Heavens and  all the saints will be caught up to meet Him in the air.

1 Thess. 4: 14-17.

V, 14, For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

V, 15, For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.

V, 16, For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise FIRST:

V, 17, Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up TOGETHER WITH THEM IN THE CLOUDS, TO MEET THE LORD IN THE AIR: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

If you read all of my posts on this board regarding the pre-trib rapture you will find that I do not just quote just one or two Scriptures on this doctrine out of context to fit some mans idea, I find and quote all of them so we can get the whole picture and the truth on this matter.

In a nutshell, Jesus comes back to the earth to meet His saints in the air and takes them to heaven and later He returns with them and the armies of Heaven and the Ancient of days to put down all rebellion and usher in His millennial rule.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  496
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0

10 hours ago, HAZARD said:

V, 17, Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up TOGETHER WITH THEM IN THE CLOUDS, TO MEET THE LORD IN THE AIR: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

The resurrections are clearly spelled out.  The first resurrection is at the end of the seven years of tribulation.  It includes those who have remained true unto death.  They are raised to reign.  The second resurrection is at the end of the 1000 years this includes the rest of the dead.  Both the time and those who are included in each resurrection are clear.  To move or alter these resurrections is dangerous at least.

4 hours ago, seeking the lost said:

The resurrections are clearly spelled out.  The first resurrection is at the end of the seven years of tribulation.  It includes those who have remained true unto death.  They are raised to reign.  The second resurrection is at the end of the 1000 years this includes the rest of the dead.  Both the time and those who are included in each resurrection are clear.  To move or alter these resurrections is dangerous at least.

Yes, the resurrections are clearly spelled out in Scripture, not in the minds of most men. Here is how they are clearly spelled out according to Scripture.

There has been one rapture already. That there has been one already and will be four more raptures in the first resurrection?

The First, The going to Heaven of Christ and the saints who were resurrected after HIS resurrection (Matt. 27:52; Eph. 4:7-11; Acts 1:11).

The Second, The rapture of those "that are Christs at His coming" (1 Cor. 15:23; 1 Thess. 4:13-16).

The Third, The rapture of the 144,000 Jews in the middle of the Week (Rev. 12:5; 14:1-5; Dan. 12:1; Isa. 66:7-8).

The Fourth, The rapture of the tribulation saints (Rev. 7:9-17; 15: 2-4; 20:4-6).

And the Fifth, The rapture of the two witnesses (Rev. 11:3-12).

That there are two main resurrections from the dead with a thousand years between them. The first is that of the blessed and holy; and this is before the thousand years, for we read "THE REST OF THE DEAD LIVED NOT AGAIN UNTILL THE THJOUSAND YEARS WERE FINISHED" (Rev. 20:4-15).

This is not about who is right or wrong, this is about getting the facts, the truth out there. :thumbsup:

Cheers, Haz.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  907
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  07/07/1866

If the pre-trib crowd can add 3 or 4 resurrections to the "first resurrection" why do they not add the same 3 or 4 to the second resurrection ? :huh:

8 minutes ago, ENOCH2010 said:

If the pre-trib crowd can add 3 or 4 resurrections to the "first resurrection" why do they not add the same 3 or 4 to the second resurrection ? :huh:

I'm certainly not adding anything to the Word of God, I'm simply quoting the Scriptures concerning this doctrine.

If the mid-trib and post-trib read the Scriptures with an honest and open heart asking the Holy Spirit for guidance they would see there was only one "first resurrection" as taught in the Scriptures.

I'll spell it out for you, here was the "first resurrection."

The First Resurrection, The going to Heaven of Christ and the saints who were resurrected after HIS death and His resurrection (Matt. 27:51-53); Eph. 4:7-9; Acts 1:10-11).

Matt. 27:51, And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent;
 V, 52, And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,
  V, 53, And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.

Ephesians 4:7, But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ.
V, 8, Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity2 captive, and gave gifts unto men.
V, 9, (Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth?

Acts 1: 10, And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel;
V, 11, Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  496
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

47 minutes ago, HAZARD said:

Yes, the resurrections are clearly spelled out in Scripture, not in the minds of most men. Here is how they are clearly spelled out according to Scripture.

There has been one rapture already. That there has been one already and will be four more raptures in the first resurrection?

The First, The going to Heaven of Christ and the saints who were resurrected after HIS resurrection (Matt. 27:52; Eph. 4:7-11; Acts 1:11).

The Second, The rapture of those "that are Christs at His coming" (1 Cor. 15:23; 1 Thess. 4:13-16).

The Third, The rapture of the 144,000 Jews in the middle of the Week (Rev. 12:5; 14:1-5; Dan. 12:1; Isa. 66:7-8).

The Fourth, The rapture of the tribulation saints (Rev. 7:9-17; 15: 2-4; 20:4-6).

And the Fifth, The rapture of the two witnesses (Rev. 11:3-12).

That there are two main resurrections from the dead with a thousand years between them. The first is that of the blessed and holy; and this is before the thousand years, for we read "THE REST OF THE DEAD LIVED NOT AGAIN UNTILL THE THJOUSAND YEARS WERE FINISHED" (Rev. 20:4-15).

This is not about who is right or wrong, this is about getting the facts, the truth out there. :thumbsup:

Cheers, Haz.

John the beloved was aware of all the events that you point out and yet when it comes to the resurrection of the tribulation martyrs he identifies it as the first.  The rapture must be associated with one of these.  We will not proceed them, those who are asleep at the time of the writing of Thessalonians.  That placeses the rapture at the end of the millennium.  The purpose of the rapture is to take us to a new heaven and a new earth.  This earth will melt with fervent heat, pass away.  And so shall we ever be with the LORD.