• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  29
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/01/2011

Many of us here have scars that we have encountered in our life, both while unsaved and after being saved.

It is unfortunate that we Christians do not reflect our Lord as He would have us do. I pray you not become so discouraged.

Simply walk your life out as if walking with our Lord, because you are doing just that.

No, I will give it another try here Thank you for wanting me to stay Because I do forgive and its nice the other way too!

For me ,I have always desired to listen only to the scriptures pertaining to Jesus and his words alone (it cuts through the confusion of understanding Gods message) .

You know I have been put through a scriptural test in the last 2 yrs and everyone should know this one: Peter woke up and saw his coat was stolen in the night and said to Jesus ;my coat was stolen by a thief and you all know what Jesus said ;go find that thief and give him anything else he wishes for he is of poor spirit and lives in darkness.

I've read through the scriptures a few times and can't seem to remember reading this. Would you please refresh my memory and provide the location of that verse.

Thanks.

Sorry its Matthew 5:40 - just watched the movie to much: The Greatest Story Ever Told - I love that movie -theres a scene in the movie where Peter has his coat stolen and Jesus tells what I wrote - My mistake -an honest one -please forgive -Terra

That's where all your confusion is coming from. You're attributing things outside the Word of God as if they are coming from the Word of God.

Understanding God comes from His Word. All those books and movies are just someones interpretation of that Word. Many times things are added and taken away to make it more interesting for the reader or viewer.

If you want to get rid of the confusion, put everything else aside and pick up your bible.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  29
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  01/01/2011

Hi Terra -

I know it is difficult to find love expressed in the midst of debate. The internet is horrible at communication in that there is no body language associated with what one says. Sometimes a person has a different expression and tone of voice in their writing than the receiver perceives them to have. And of course, without seeing the person it is a lot easier to see words as impersonal thoughts rather than a human being. I am still working out how to consider "this is a person" I am responding to and not "an idea I have problems with".

So why can we not agree? We all come from different backgrounds with different root groundings. It is a crazy mess how 4 people can look at the same Scripture and come up with 4 different ways to understand that Scripture.

As an aside on that note, I am wondering about something you said:

Peter woke up and saw his coat was stolen in the night and said to Jesus ;my coat was stolen by a thief and you all know what Jesus said ;go find that thief and give him anything else he wishes for he is of poor spirit and lives in darkness.

I have not seen this written in Scripture anywhere. I know Peter asked about how many times should he forgive, but I do not recall any mention of him having had his coat stolen.

I also recall where Jesus said, "if someone wants to sue you and take your tunic, let him have your cloak as well." (Matt. 5:40)

Note, I'm not saying you were not applying the Scripture properly, nor am I not claiming the Lord didn't speak to you.

Actually, I commend you highly for having the grace to let go this way rather than to take revenge.

And you are correct in that the Body of Christ does not do enough to encourage love like this. And I, too, wish it were done more.

Blessings and grace to you!

:emot-hug:

Matthew 5:40 - sorry I have watched the movie: The Greatest Story ever Told -a little to much its a scene in that movie please forgive -Terra

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,800
  • Content Per Day:  6.17
  • Days Won:  58

Sorry its Matthew 5:40 - just watched the movie to much: The Greatest Story Ever Told - I love that movie -theres a scene in the movie where Peter has his coat stolen and Jesus tells what I wrote - My mistake -an honest one -please forgive -Terra

This is what scripture says:

40 And to him desiring to sue you, and to take away your tunic, let him have your coat also.

The rest is just embellishment from a movie. Jesus was speaking in general and not addressing any specific person or incident. (Posting this so any lurkers who might not realize it will see what scripture says.)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  601
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  3

Truly an Honor...To Be Called Friend...Whew...I definitely hope to chat sometime in the chat room...What a joy!!!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,800
  • Content Per Day:  6.17
  • Days Won:  58

Actually I think there is an important lesson in this. (Please understand I am not singling you out terra nor do I mean you any criticism.)

This misunderstanding is why I personally feel it is important to post when someone states something in error about the bible or doctrine. Too many times false things start creeping in, based on books or movies or what others say. While many times it is trivial, other times it is truly harmful. For instance, the book and movie Da Vinci Code caused harm because there are some who believe that Jesus had kids. This takes away from His divinity. It starts the downhill slide away from the gospel message. While some folks are not caught up in those false statements, there are folks who read these threads and never post. Some of them may fall for the false statements. It is for them that I often post refutations of false things.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  165
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Terra,

May God bless u, truly!

I really hope u stay, the Lord didn't lead u here for coincidence.. Like I say, "with God there's no coincidence, juss PURPOSE!"

Enjoy ur time here & if ya ever need anything, I'm here! :)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.92
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Matthew 5:40 - sorry I have watched the movie: The Greatest Story ever Told -a little to much its a scene in that movie please forgive -Terra

No problem! Just needing to clarify the issue.

In the movie version of Les Miserables - and I am assuming it to be a part of the original script - the life of the main character, Jean, was changed when an incident similar to what you described happened. He was recently released from prison and was taken in for the night by the kindness of an older man, a bishop. But Jean stole them man's silverware (and it was genuine silver). When a policeman returned with the criminal to return the silver, the bishop responded that he gave the silver to him - oh, and he (Jean) forgot to take the silver lampstands he (the bishop) had offered. As the bishop placed the lampstands in Jean's arms, he quietly said to him, :

Bishop: Now Don't Forget, Don't ever Forget, you've promised to become a new man.

Jean Valjean: Promise? Wha, Why are you doing this?

Bishop: Jean Valjean my brother you no longer belong to evil. With this silver, I have bought your soul. I've ransomed you from fear and hatred, and now I give you back to God.