IGNORED

How can I trust God to bring physical healing to others?

carlos123

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,823
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Days Won:  2

We expect results based on human perspective. The toilet flush is a human built device and therefore can be misfunctioning. The things that God built are flawless. If I have a toothache He reliefs the pain but still go the dentist. My toothache is a result of my abuse of the tooth and not because there is a 'fault' in God's design of the human body.

Next time you have a toothache think of Jesus taking your pain away, and your pain will be no more.

Blessings

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,015
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  4

How can I grow in faith.....

You're the only one who can answer that question.

And why exactly am I the only one who can answer that question?

Is this along the lines of the infamous Christian saying that it's God's job to correct someone and not ours (never mind that we are to judge those in the church and deal with sin in our midst)?

I am asking because the Lord Jesus may have some insight from someone in the Body which insight I am either too hard headed to see on my own or where for one reason or another the Lord wants such insight to be given to me through others.

If anyone has experienced faith of the kind of spoken about in the verses I quoted such that the Lord has started to do some wonderful things through your life I am all ears to hear about it that I might learn how to imitate your faith.

I mean if the verses I have quoted in this thread are there for something and not nothing then surely someone, somewhere, hopefully someone on this forum reading this thread has begun to experience their reality such that we can all learn from you. Please do speak up and share.

Carlos

We expect results based on human perspective.

Hmm..not quite. At least not for me.

I don't expect results from a human perspective. From a human perspective there is absolutely no reason to expect anything at all since miracles of the kind spoken about in the verses I quoted are IMPOSSIBLE apart from God.

I don't expect. I desire. I desire to see results because such glorifies the Lord Jesus as the LIVING God in our midst.

Anything less than that is just a sham in my opinion.

Just another lifeless religion, like so many others, that doesn't testify to a LIVING Christ among us.

If Jesus Christ is TRULY alive today and lives in us, His Body, then He will do what He did through us.

If we are not in a position to do that because of hardness of heart or whatever then we need to trust Him to remove the obstacles in our hearts so that we might let Him lose to be all that He is in and through us.

For His glory and the advancement of the Kingdom.

Next time you have a toothache think of Jesus taking your pain away, and your pain will be no more.

Forgive me for asking George but have you really experienced that? I mean thought of Jesus taking your tooth ache away such that it did in fact go away?

I mean it sounds like you might have something there George but I am looking for practical reality in how to believe God for healings so I am wondering if what you are sharing is religious theory or reality based on personal experience.

Carlos

Acts 6:8 (AKJV) bolding is mine...

And Stephen, full of faith and power, did great wonders and miracles among the people.

Seems to me that if we don't see great wonders and miracles happen through us as His Body we are deficient in either faith and/or power.

I mean if I approach what it says as a little child and leave aside my sophisticated religious sensibilities and all that...this is what I must conclude.

Faith and power = wonders and miracles.

Carlos

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Carlos, the deliverance I spoke of is of a personal nature. Not bound by sin but by the consequences of sin and made a servant unto those in Egypt who have placed a heavy yoke upon me and my brethren.

Thanks for sharing the extra verses and thoughts that accompany them. I am still praying daily for the gifts to manifest in my life for the purpose of furthering the kingdom of God here on earth. Currently I am seeing God move by confirming my words to others which is more than enough of a blessing. We are to have dominion through the faith and power given unto us. We are to begin by ordering our homes in a godly fashion and then moving outward from there. I believe God will grant the ability when there is a need. I must finish subduing my own home by the power given me by God and be careful just how much I am extending myself out beyond that.

Acts 6:8 (AKJV) bolding is mine...

And Stephen, full of faith and power, did great wonders and miracles among the people.

Seems to me that if we don't see great wonders and miracles happen through us as His Body we are deficient in either faith and/or power.

I mean if I approach what it says as a little child and leave aside my sophisticated religious sensibilities and all that...this is what I must conclude.

Faith and power = wonders and miracles.

Carlos

Agreed.

Gary

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,254
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

A few days before that I rebuked a bunch of ants coming into my habitation and...nothing. They still came in such that I have had to fight them ever since.

I have rebuked allergic reactions on my skin, tooth aches, colds, you name it and...nothing. Things remain as they are.

How can I grow in faith so as to be able to take advantage of these great promises to do the things Jesus did and which things are clearly possible for those who have faith??

I have no clue.

But...well...I don't quite know how to do that.

Carlos

The things that Jesus did, and the things the deciples did were done for the sake of the Gospel and not individual people. From what I turned blue in this thread, i can if I try take the to mean that you want to take avantage of the guifts of the Spirit...... but the things you mention are for personal inconvinces to yourself.....

My wife has MS and to this day, God has kept her mobil and we still get around ok, but she is very limited in what she can do. When I asked her to be healed and she wasn't it upset me greatly for I know he can and has done those things for others.... To start with, I wanted it done for me and not for his glory, and i just don't think that ever happens.

The stoy goes on from there for a couple of years, but it's not someting I want to get into right now.

So, please don't think I'm pointing a finger at you, but I'm just sharing a personal experience that may or may not pertain to you.

I am sorry to hear of your wife's condition Other One.

But respecting what you said about what I said...you assume, and it is indeed an assumption, too much.

You assume that I rebuked the clogged toilet for my own sake. I didn't absolutely even need the toilet. I wanted to use it to be sure but it was not a dire need.

What I wanted was to LEARN how to apply what God says about what we as Christians can do. And I figured that rebuking a clogged toilet was a pretty safe way to learn instead of embarrassing myself and God by going out and rebuking somebody's flue and calling on God to heal that.

And why do I want to do these things? Do I want to become great in the Christian world? I could care less what the Christians think of me! Most Christians think I am a bit nuts with my insistence on sticking to what is written and getting back to New Testament Christianity.

Most Christians make me sick with their superficial nonsense and the way they equate church with this Sunday building thing.

I could care less what I am in the Christian world. But I do care about doing things God's way and having the church restored to what she was in the New Testament!

I want to be used by the Lord to testify of His living reality to the world at large as I share the Gospel! JUST LIKE THEY DID in the New Testament.

But even more fundamentally SO WHAT if I want to see something happen for my own sake.

When James says that we are to call for the elders of the church, if we are sick, so that they can anoint us with oil, that WE might be healed...WHO is that for?

It is for the person asking for prayer!!!

Big deal.

There is nothing whatever wrong with asking for these things for our own sake.

We have need of bread as well as we have need of healings.

When the Lord teaches us to pray He says that we are to ask for our daily bread. WHO is that bread for? US!!!!

Again there is nothing wrong with asking the Lord for our needs whether that be for our daily bread or the healing of our bodies.

That we might live and be in a better position to do ALL that He might want us to do in this life. For His glory and the greater advancement of the Gospel.

I have no clue why Christians, such as yourself, make it all about having bad motives, asking for the wrong motive, asking for our own sake, and what have you to justify or excuse away the lack of seeing things happen. As though the fault for why we don't see these things happen again lies with our motives and our selfishness instead of with our hardness of heart and lack of faith.

Jesus cursed a fig tree, a FIG TREE, because He did not find fruit on it to satisfy His hunger!!

And He used that to teach His disciples that ALL things are possible for those who believe.

I'll rebuke a thousand plugged toilets and a thousand ants that come into my dwelling if I can learn by doing so how to do it God's way until I get it right!

Oh...one other thing Other One.

Let's assume for a minute that I am all washed up. That my motives are impure. Purely selfish. And so on.

Well...I repent from ALL such motives this very minute.

Now what?

How do I start putting into practice the things Jesus said that are possible about believing all things and being able to do anything?

If my motives are absolutely right on...what now?

Got any suggestions?

Carlos

Something else I just thought of.

I have a stomach ache. A big one.

There is a problem in my stomach somewhere. I have had it for years. If I eat too fast or engage in some physical exercise, such as I did this morning, too soon after eating I end up with a terrible stomach ache that lasts for hours. Sometimes for as long as 6 or 7 hours!

Did I do something this morning such as exercise too soon after eating? Yes. Was it my fault. You could say so though the exercise I did was just walk a lot. I have no bus pass and no car so I have to walk and I have to eat.

But let's assume for the sake of discussion that it was ENTIRELY my fault that I now have a stomach ache which makes it difficult for me to do much of any serious work today.

Have you ever stopped to consider the FACT that for Jesus and for that matter for the New Testament apostles...it didn't matter one iota whether the ailment someone had was their fault or not?

I don't see Jesus asking anywhere for details to ascertain whether or not the person asking for a healing did something foolish, like touch a leper or something, to determine whether He would heal them.

They were sick. They came to Jesus to be healed. They were in need.

That's ALL that Jesus needed to know and ALL were healed.

SO WHAT if somebody has done something that has resulted in something bad happening to them. Is our God not ABLE and WILLING to do something about that through His mercy if nothing else?

Jesus certainly was.

Where is He now?

Well...supposedly He is in His Body but there is a problem in that one cannot come to Him through His Body now and have Him do what He did then apparently.

And yet we claim He is alive! Huh?

Tell me something...

If I cannot ask God for help with my tummy ache and get His practical help with this what in the world makes me think I can rely on God for anything else? Traveling mercies? Help to find food to eat? Help to know what to say to someone?

Are we not in all these things asking God to intervene and help us somehow?

Is our God so puny that He can only be relied on to help us with traveling mercies to keep us safe on the road? A prayer that so many pray and which prayer, if you ask me, is not a prayer of faith at all. It's more of a hope prayer. A prayer offered up in the hope that God will keep us safe on the road.

A Buddhist, Hindu, or other non-Christian could pray as much to their God and it would be no different in the end results then what so very many Christians ask for.

What makes the prayers of a Christian different?

It's that Jesus Christ is ALIVE (supposedly) and living in us as members of His Body. But if you really stop and think about it He doesn't seem very alive in His Body if about all that we can trust Him to do is keep us safe while travelling!

I say that fascitiously but most Christian prayers are not much different than that if you ask me. By our actions and the results of our prayers it is evident that we don't really trust God for much at all. We trust our bank accounts, and doctors, and man and leave the LIVING GOD on the backburner in really trusting Him to BE the LIVING GOD in our midst.

Carlos

How can I grow in faith.....

You're the only one who can answer that question.

And why exactly am I the only one who can answer that question?

You're the keeper of your own heart.

Look at the title of your thread. "How can I trust God....."

No one can tell you how to have faith. That's gotta come from you.

Jesus was standing right in front of Peter when he walked on water, yet he still doubted and started to sink.

Jesus said to Thomas, "Because you have seen me, you believed. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet believed".

Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Faith, trust, whatever you want to call it, has to come from within you. Nobody can put it there for you and no one can tell you how to achieve it.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

Something else I just thought of.

I have a stomach ache. A big one.

There is a problem in my stomach somewhere. I have had it for years. If I eat too fast or engage in some physical exercise, such as I did this morning, too soon after eating I end up with a terrible stomach ache that lasts for hours. Sometimes for as long as 6 or 7 hours!

Did I do something this morning such as exercise too soon after eating? Yes. Was it my fault. You could say so though the exercise I did was just walk a lot. I have no bus pass and no car so I have to walk and I have to eat.

But let's assume for the sake of discussion that it was ENTIRELY my fault that I now have a stomach ache which makes it difficult for me to do much of any serious work today.

Have you ever stopped to consider the FACT that for Jesus and for that matter for the New Testament apostles...it didn't matter one iota whether the ailment someone had was their fault or not?

Listen, yr argument is just a little silly if I may say so. How bout some common sense? How about not blaming God for yr own failures?

Have you thought that you may have an ulcer or nervous stomach? Have you seen a doctor?

Does God do everything for everyone...does He do the grocery shopping and go to work for you?

God does not do our thinking for us and He does not make our choices for us...

Thinking God should make a life just perfect completely forgets the fact that we are living in a downfallen world

Put some pants on and go to the doctor...seriously

Have you been listening to some faith healers/teachers and now you think you can command God and He will do your bidding?

It doesn't work that way. You do not have a proper understanding of faith as the scriptures teach it and you cannot make

illogical leaps and bounds and then expect your Creator to change everything He is and does to suit you

God does not act outside of His Word and He abides by what He has said He will abide by and if He did not, then really, we

could not count on Him for one single thing. That, would make Him as wishy washy as we are.