IGNORED

WN: Obama: America needs "soul searching" on gun violence - R

WorthyNewsBot

Guest shiloh357
I'm not sure how this isn't an infringement upon a constitutional right.

It is not banning anyone from owning as man guns as they want to own. It doesn't limit how much ammo a person can buy. It is simply a means of taking note of unusal purchases that don't reflect how normal gunowners usually buy their guns. The aurora shooter bought four semi automatics and 6,000 rounds of ammo in a very short period of time, about 3-4 weeks. If there were a way to track those purchases, it could have sent up a red flag to law enforcement to start asking him some questions and let him know that he is being watched. It might have uncovered what we now know about him before he had a chance to go on his rampage.

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  0

It is not banning anyone from owning as man guns as they want to own. It doesn't limit how much ammo a person can buy. It is simply a means of taking note of unusal purchases that don't reflect how normal gunowners usually buy their guns. The aurora shooter bought four semi automatics and 6,000 rounds of ammo in a very short period of time, about 3-4 weeks. If there were a way to track those purchases, it could have sent up a red flag to law enforcement to start asking him some questions and let him know that he is being watched. It might have uncovered what we now know about him before he had a chance to go on his rampage.

It's not under the second amendment necessarily, it's under the constitutionally implied right to privacy that the supreme court has reaffirmed on multiple occasions over the past century. In other words, keeping records such as this on people whom have committed no crime and are just exercising their rights as free citizens to purchase ammunition is an infringement on privacy. Federal procedures with regards to firearms purchases even mimic this. When a criminal background check is ran by a gun store prior to selling a firearm to a person, they can only keep the paperwork a finite period of time and the government is not allowed to track the purchases, just perform the background checks.

You could probably get something like this legalized on a state or local level (and this isn't even guaranteed), but I seriously doubt the ability of the federal government to do it and have it be upheld as constitutional.

Guest shiloh357

It's not under the second amendment necessarily, it's under the constitutionally implied right to privacy that the supreme court has reaffirmed on multiple occasions over the past century. In other words, keeping records such as this on people whom have committed no crime and are just exercising their rights as free citizens to purchase ammunition is an infringement on privacy. Federal procedures with regards to firearms purchases even mimic this. When a criminal background check is ran buy a gun store prior to selling a firearm to a person, they can only keep the paperwork a finite period of time and the government is not allowed to track the purchases, just perform the background checks.

You could probably get something like this legalized on a state or local level (and this isn't even guaranteed), but I seriously doubt the ability of the federal government to do it and have it be upheld as constitutional.

Okay, I see your point, and it is a good one.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,715
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

you know, first off, he was smart not to say anything about gun control laws. Gun Controls a hot topic, and right now the NRA is the largest legal entity in the US (even bigger then the ACLU) And hes not going to take a stand one way or the other, it could sway the election against him.

As far as the soul searching goes, it pains me to say this, it really does, but hes right. America does need to do some soul searching, and they need to put God in their souls. It would solve the gun violence problem 100%.

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

Anyone come up with a solution?

How do you identify who the next shooter will be or how to keep guns with only the right people? Any ideas?

It didnt work for Norway.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,009
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  3

Anyone come up with a solution?

How do you identify who the next shooter will be or how to keep guns with only the right people? Any ideas?

It didnt work for Norway.

Overall excepting that circumstance, it sure works better than America. Look at Japan.

http://en.wikipedia....ated_death_rate

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  131
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,188
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  8

Well, I am for manditory gun laws....... everyone should have one...... or two, and be forced to take classes to safely use them.

Yes... I agree also.

I think that it, won't be long that almost every household in America will have a gun for protection,

against an intruder.

Times are not like it use to be anymore folks.

We have more each day , people from other countries,that come here to live.

People of different culture.

We have people from other countries that live here, in my neighborhood.

Who knows if your neighbor is not a terrorist ?

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  131
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,188
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  8

There are kooks all over the world.

The fault is with the person holding the gun, and when he pulls the trigger.

It may help if they would , run a background check on the person buying a gun...or amunition.

It would help some.

But, even a person with a clean record can buy a gun, and use it to kill himself or, another person.

We'll just never know, what a person will do.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,262
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Humans are simply the scourge of the earth...... we need to do away with humans, then guns and knives wouldn't be a problem..

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

My best advice on gun control: USE BOTH HANDS AND SQUEEEEZE THE TRIGGER.........