• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,384
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/22/1996

Mark 15:34 "And at the ninth hour Jesus cried out with a loud voice saying, "Eloi Eloi, lama sabachtani?" which is translated, "My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?"

Jesus Christ had taken the place of sinful man on the cross and was suffering the full punishment for sin. Since all have sinned (Romans 3:23) and the wages of sin is death (Romans 6:23), all mankind (except for Christ) deserved to die. Christ took our place and suffered the death that we deserved (Romans 5:6-9). He died in our place. On the cross, He tasted death for every man (Hebrews 2:9). This death was more than physical death; it also involved spiritual death, which is separation from God (II Thessalonians 1:9; Revelation 20:14). Jesus tasted ultimate death, The separation from God that a sinner will feel in the lake of fire. He felt the anguish, hopelessness, and despair as if he were a man eternally forsaken by God. So the human nature of Jesus cried out on the cross as Jesus took on the sin of the whole world and felt the eternal punishment of separation for that sin (I Peter 2:24).

But we cannot assume that the Holy Spirit departed from the body of Christ the moment He uttered the words, "My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?" The divine Spirit only leaves the body at death. Hebrews 9:14 Christ offered Himself to God through the eternal Spirit. John 16:32 "Behold, the hour cometh, yea, is now come, that he shall be scattered, every man to his own, and shall leave me alone: and yet I am not alone, because the Father is with me" . The eternal Spirit of God, the Father, did not leave the human body of Christ until His death.

I am also further led to believe that God had not left Christ, when reading Psalm 22.... Any input is very nice ! Thank you.

Mark 15:34 "And at the ninth hour Jesus cried out with a loud voice saying, "Eloi Eloi, lama sabachtani?" which is translated, "My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?"

Jesus Christ had taken the place of sinful man on the cross and was suffering the full punishment for sin. Since all have sinned (Romans 3:23) and the wages of sin is death (Romans 6:23), all mankind (except for Christ) deserved to die. Christ took our place and suffered the death that we deserved (Romans 5:6-9). He died in our place. On the cross, He tasted death for every man (Hebrews 2:9). This death was more than physical death; it also involved spiritual death, which is separation from God (II Thessalonians 1:9; Revelation 20:14). Jesus tasted ultimate death, The separation from God that a sinner will feel in the lake of fire. He felt the anguish, hopelessness, and despair as if he were a man eternally forsaken by God. So the human nature of Jesus cried out on the cross as Jesus took on the sin of the whole world and felt the eternal punishment of separation for that sin (I Peter 2:24).

But we cannot assume that the Holy Spirit departed from the body of Christ the moment He uttered the words, "My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?" The divine Spirit only leaves the body at death. Hebrews 9:14 Christ offered Himself to God through the eternal Spirit. John 16:32 "Behold, the hour cometh, yea, is now come, that he shall be scattered, every man to his own, and shall leave me alone: and yet I am not alone, because the Father is with me" . The eternal Spirit of God, the Father, did not leave the human body of Christ until His death.

I am also further led to believe that God had not left Christ, when reading Psalm 22.... Any input is very nice ! Thank you.

So I think that the attachment was still there, just not the embrace.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I don't think Jesus's Spirit left him at that moment, but I do think that the Father turned from Jesus and separated himself from him...... for the first time since eternity past. I don't personally think that the Holy Spirit would stay with Jesus when he took on all our sin..... and the loss to Jesus was overwhelming. From my viewpoint it had to be that way or he would not have received what we deserve..... and it breaks my heart to know it's pretty much my fault.......

Just my two cents.

I don't think Jesus's Spirit left him at that moment, but I do think that the Father turned from Jesus and separated himself from him...... for the first time since eternity past. I don't personally think that the Holy Spirit would stay with Jesus when he took on all our sin..... and the loss to Jesus was overwhelming. From my viewpoint it had to be that way or he would not have received what we deserve..... and it breaks my heart to know it's pretty much my fault.......

Just my two cents.

This actually puts a lot into perspective for me, thank you for your post.

Every sin we commit is another sin that is brought upon Christ, another nail, and another broken bone. Another bruise, another cut and another beating....just sad, really OtherOne thank you so much for your post, this is something that I hadn't realized until you mentioned it. Mathew 25:31-46 is what this reminds me of.... There is still "feeding" or healing so to speak that we can give Christ. Every Soul that we replenish, take in, clothe, feed or Help is doing also to Christ. Father Forgive us !

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I can't verify this, but someone who I believe researched things mentioned how it was not uncommon for rabbis to reference a portion of Scripture with just the opening line, knowing that the people knew the full reference (given that it was required for them to memorize the Scriptures).

So, it is possible that Jesus was not praying so much as proclaiming - by quoting the opening line, he was pointing Psalm 22 out to the People, that He was fulfilling it.

???

I can't verify this, but someone who I believe researched things mentioned how it was not uncommon for rabbis to reference a portion of Scripture with just the opening line, knowing that the people knew the full reference (given that it was required for them to memorize the Scriptures).

So, it is possible that Jesus was not praying so much as proclaiming - by quoting the opening line, he was pointing Psalm 22 out to the People, that He was fulfilling it.

???

Hi Nebula,

I have heard this claim actually on numerous occasions, so your not the only one who has this in mind. I also question this....

In Psalm 22 it explains some of the tragedy and unbearable pain that Christ went through.

Psalm 22:17-21 I would like to point out.

17"I can count all My bones.

They look and stare at Me.

18 They divide My garments among them,

And for My clothing they cast lots

19 But You, O Lord, do not be far from Me;

O My Strength, hasten to help Me !

20 Deliver Me from the sword, My precious life from the power of the dog.

21 Save Me from the lion's mouth

And from the horns of the wild oxen !

You have answered Me."

Then in Psalm 2:24 "For he Has not despised nor abhorred the affliction to the afflicted;

Nor has He hidden His face from Him; But when He cried out to Him, He heard."

This indicates to me that God did not leave Christ, his embrace, yes, his presence, no.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,823
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Days Won:  2

It is a message for all of us. That is just because God is silent and/or seems to have forgotten us does not mean He has. It is an individual choice and revelation that He is there next to us every moment. Those words by Jesus have been through our own personal thoughts at some point.

Blessings

It is a message for all of us. That is just because God is silent and/or seems to have forgotten us does not mean He has. It is an individual choice and revelation that He is there next to us every moment. Those words by Jesus have been through our own personal thoughts at some point.

Blessings

Hi George,

Can you explain where you got that out of Christ crucifixion ? I don't quite understand as to how you got that from the last word's Christ said.

Please and Thank You !

God bless :D

Just my two cents.

This actually puts a lot into perspective for me, thank you for your post.

Every sin we commit is another sin that is brought upon Christ, another nail, and another broken bone. Another bruise, another cut and another beating....just sad, really OtherOne thank you so much for your post, this is something that I hadn't realized until you mentioned it. Mathew 25:31-46 is what this reminds me of.... There is still "feeding" or healing so to speak that we can give Christ. Every Soul that we replenish, take in, clothe, feed or Help is doing also to Christ. Father Forgive us !

I must add something as well... When we sin, God is still there... His embrace is not because of course its not good lol But God is always there.

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

What we can never forget is that God is holy. When Jesus took on all of the sin from the garden of eden until the end of time, it is unimaginable at how this grieved the Father, to look upon all of it.