• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

I see war is the way of this world. It always has been and it will probably always be so. But I think there is ample justification to look for other methods to end the problems the world faces. And yet for the things predicted in end times to happen, peace will fail. But does that give us cause enough to further violence with more violence? I say no.

Peace is a dream, but it's been the dream of many great people and small alike. I think it's worth pursuing. So I want to share something I learned, quite by accident.

A few years ago I was in a Bible based international chat room. The chat wasn't about war, peace, Christianity or Islam. This is why I said I learned this quite by accident. There was 1 woman in the room who lives in a Muslim/Arab country. Her country men know she is a Christian convert, and to them America is 1 big Christian country. They don't understand the separation of church and state, nor freedoms. So her Muslim country men asked her this question, and she told us.

They asked, "what kind of God does America have that He gives His people permission to sin?"

Let me explain what I got from that. The Islam people see America as a land of sinful people. I think they even see us as Godless people. They know what our God commands of us (probably from the endless missionaries we send there) but they don't see us obeying Him. (that's no surprise) We talk about God a lot, but only a handful of us really try to show His love in our lives. They don't see this. They see all the people who live as the world does, and just claim to be of God. In their countries, their people take their religion seriously. They practice it's precepts everyday. I see where to Islamic people it's of the utmost importance that any people obey their God. So long as they see us as Godless, their extremists will never stop attacking us. They see us as ancient Israel saw the people in the lands they conquered. Either Godless or worshipping a false God.

I think if America turned from her sins, and we obeyed our God, we could send peace embassies to discuss peace based on mutual understandings and respect for each other's God. Their non radical people would respect that.

Before you tell me it won't work, examine why you believe that. Make very sure you aren't saying that because you don't want to give up your pet sins.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/22/1953

I'm going to have to agree with Morning Glory, here, on a few points. First, suggesting that we women can't really "get" the idea of war because we're female is a very assinine statement. We women understand these aspects just fine. Generally speaking, I'm a advocate for the kinds of tactics BB has been advocating. I think many of our failings in the war arena have stemmed from a lack of committment to doing what was necessary. We've become so influenced by liberal screaming about the loss of innocent lives during war actions that we're trying to tip-toe our way through combat. It started with Vietnam and has only gotten worse since then. It's time the American public get over the idea that, somehow, no one is supposed to die in war.

Having said that, my initial instinct, despite being a woman :whistling: , is that we need to hit the Mid-East hard to make the point that we WILL defend ourselves. But I also believe that Morning Glory is correct and that such actions wouldn't do much to deter the Muslims. They are taught from infancy that dying for their beliefs is pretty much the only way to guarantee admission to their idea of paradise. They would celebrate being killed by the country they hate almost as much as Israel, and they would turn it into a rallying cry to whip up even more hatred against us. Conventional warfare just isn't going to work in this case.

On the other hand, as a step toward answering what we should do, I think we absolutely should cease all financial aid to every Muslim nation that refuses to acknowledge Israel's right to existance. Every Muslim nation that continues to harbor, shield, foster, and/or support radical groups should be openly condemned and denied all aid. We should issue a definitive statement in support of Israel, including a committment to defend them as an ally and to declare war on any nation that attacks them. And not war as it is fought today, but war as it should be fought, meaning we wipe entire nations off the face of the planet from afar.

We've become absurdly soft when it comes to the reality of war. We want no one to get hurt. We want no innocent to get so much as a scratch. We want no member of our military to get hurt or killed. Well, that's just not how it works. As I've said multiple times before in similar discussions, "War is hell," is not just some cliche. It's the reality and should never be entered into lightly, but once it is begun, it should be carried out with ruthless lethality until the opposition loses all desire to continue. The Muslims seem to have this figured out and so far, they're succeeding.

You are absolutely correct in your assessment (despite having a woman's viewpoint :thumbs_up: ha ha ha)

Several things I'd like to put out there - in no particular order:

1. We're 16 trillion dollars in debt. We can only "go to war" on borrowed money from the Chinese. Our hands are basically tied.

2. Your points about the realities of war are spot on. The last war in which we were clearly victorious was WWII. Korea was fought to a stalemate. Vietnam was lost on TV. One might argue we "won" the Cold War, but look around. Russia is back. China is the world economic powerhouse. The "communists" have simply relocated - there are more of them in the West now than in the old Eastern bloc. So what have we won?

3. One might also argue we "won" in Iraq. But that country is a mess, and Iran will probably end up benefiting from it.

I'm still trying to figure out how this all plays out in End Times prophecy. It's been said by some end-time experts that the US isn't mentioned.

Perhaps this is why. At the rate we're going, we'll soon be irrelevant (if we not already are)

Blessings!

-Ed

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  732
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  04/30/1971

I see war is the way of this world. It always has been and it will probably always be so. But I think there is ample justification to look for other methods to end the problems the world faces. And yet for the things predicted in end times to happen, peace will fail. But does that give us cause enough to further violence with more violence? I say no.

Peace is a dream, but it's been the dream of many great people and small alike. I think it's worth pursuing. So I want to share something I learned, quite by accident.

A few years ago I was in a Bible based international chat room. The chat wasn't about war, peace, Christianity or Islam. This is why I said I learned this quite by accident. There was 1 woman in the room who lives in a Muslim/Arab country. Her country men know she is a Christian convert, and to them America is 1 big Christian country. They don't understand the separation of church and state, nor freedoms. So her Muslim country men asked her this question, and she told us.

They asked, "what kind of God does America have that He gives His people permission to sin?"

Let me explain what I got from that. The Islam people see America as a land of sinful people. I think they even see us as Godless people. They know what our God commands of us (probably from the endless missionaries we send there) but they don't see us obeying Him. (that's no surprise) We talk about God a lot, but only a handful of us really try to show His love in our lives. They don't see this. They see all the people who live as the world does, and just claim to be of God. In their countries, their people take their religion seriously. They practice it's precepts everyday. I see where to Islamic people it's of the utmost importance that any people obey their God. So long as they see us as Godless, their extremists will never stop attacking us. They see us as ancient Israel saw the people in the lands they conquered. Either Godless or worshipping a false God.

I think if America turned from her sins, and we obeyed our God, we could send peace embassies to discuss peace based on mutual understandings and respect for each other's God. Their non radical people would respect that.

Before you tell me it won't work, examine why you believe that. Make very sure you aren't saying that because you don't want to give up your pet sins.

The Muslim nations don't care what we believe or what we practice. They deliberately and continually teach their children that Jews sacrifice and even eat their own infants. They aren't interested in peace with us or with Israel on any terms. They want us to convert or die. They want the entire world to convert or die. It is a basic tenet of their faith. Peace is a noble goal, and one that sounds oh, so appealing. But it's a lie and it cannot and will not be achieved until Christ returns and wipes the slate clean. It is that simple.

And ancient Israel didn't conquer the people and lands they encountered because of their personal beliefs about the spiritual state of those peoples. They conqured them because God Himself told them to. They wiped out every man, woman, and child they came up against because that was the divine directive they were given. The times they failed to obey that directive, they were either punished outright or suffered for it in some other way. It's no good trying to pretend that Islam will ever be happy co-existing with any other religion. They won't. As you said, they obey the tenets of their faith strictly, and those tenets call anyone who is not Islamic an infidel and demand that they be killed.

• Topic Count:  131
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,188
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  8

I can ask the same question , with a truthful answer. What kind of god do muslims have that allows them to kill people that are christians, or those that are not muslims ?

Isn't, killing people a sin ?

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

I'm going to have to agree with Morning Glory, here, on a few points. First, suggesting that we women can't really "get" the idea of war because we're female is a very assinine statement. We women understand these aspects just fine. Generally speaking, I'm a advocate for the kinds of tactics BB has been advocating. I think many of our failings in the war arena have stemmed from a lack of committment to doing what was necessary. We've become so influenced by liberal screaming about the loss of innocent lives during war actions that we're trying to tip-toe our way through combat. It started with Vietnam and has only gotten worse since then. It's time the American public get over the idea that, somehow, no one is supposed to die in war.

Having said that, my initial instinct, despite being a woman :whistling: , is that we need to hit the Mid-East hard to make the point that we WILL defend ourselves. But I also believe that Morning Glory is correct and that such actions wouldn't do much to deter the Muslims. They are taught from infancy that dying for their beliefs is pretty much the only way to guarantee admission to their idea of paradise. They would celebrate being killed by the country they hate almost as much as Israel, and they would turn it into a rallying cry to whip up even more hatred against us. Conventional warfare just isn't going to work in this case.

On the other hand, as a step toward answering what we should do, I think we absolutely should cease all financial aid to every Muslim nation that refuses to acknowledge Israel's right to existance. Every Muslim nation that continues to harbor, shield, foster, and/or support radical groups should be openly condemned and denied all aid. We should issue a definitive statement in support of Israel, including a committment to defend them as an ally and to declare war on any nation that attacks them. And not war as it is fought today, but war as it should be fought, meaning we wipe entire nations off the face of the planet from afar.

We've become absurdly soft when it comes to the reality of war. We want no one to get hurt. We want no innocent to get so much as a scratch. We want no member of our military to get hurt or killed. Well, that's just not how it works. As I've said multiple times before in similar discussions, "War is hell," is not just some cliche. It's the reality and should never be entered into lightly, but once it is begun, it should be carried out with ruthless lethality until the opposition loses all desire to continue. The Muslims seem to have this figured out and so far, they're succeeding.

Winsome, you should go for a career in the DOD because you absolutely DO get it. I agree with the above pretty much 100%; great post, sister! :mgbowtie:

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

The Muslim nations don't care what we believe or what we practice. They deliberately and continually teach their children that Jews sacrifice and even eat their own infants. They aren't interested in peace with us or with Israel on any terms. They want us to convert or die. They want the entire world to convert or die. It is a basic tenet of their faith. Peace is a noble goal, and one that sounds oh, so appealing. But it's a lie and it cannot and will not be achieved until Christ returns and wipes the slate clean. It is that simple.

And ancient Israel didn't conquer the people and lands they encountered because of their personal beliefs about the spiritual state of those peoples. They conqured them because God Himself told them to. They wiped out every man, woman, and child they came up against because that was the divine directive they were given. The times they failed to obey that directive, they were either punished outright or suffered for it in some other way. It's no good trying to pretend that Islam will ever be happy co-existing with any other religion. They won't. As you said, they obey the tenets of their faith strictly, and those tenets call anyone who is not Islamic an infidel and demand that they be killed.

Absolutely correct. Have you read the Qu'ran, Winsome?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  165
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

Juss something out of the blue!

Even though it does make us angry.. Even though wat they did was offensive.. & I'm sry for the families of those who are suffering, grieving for their loved one's..

The best thing to do, is pray & ask God for forgiveness..

This HAS to happen, EVERYTHING has to happen as planned..

Even though we don't understand or seem to see His reason, juss know that it HAD to happen..

Have u not seen & realized how corrupt & krazy this world has become?

Things have to change..things have to happen, Our Lord has to come! :)

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  0

The correct answer to this question, for me, is to find our oil or fuel elsewhere, arm Israel to the teeth with every conceivable weapon, and shake the dust from our feet with regards to the muslims.

Absolutely correct. Have you read the Qu'ran, Winsome?

No. I've done some study on what it says. Enough to know that the notion of "peaceful" Islam is utter fiction. I see "moderate" Muslims as being the same as so-called Christians who espouse the "many paths to God" tripe. There are undoubtedly people out there, even in Muslim nations, who are merely going through the motions because Islam is all they've ever known. I'm even sure there are quite a few people in the world who might identify themselves as Muslim that are as horrified as you or I are about terrorist actions. But I must assume these people are not practicing true Islam. Because every single thing I've ever read about it says that Islam as practiced by Mohammad leaves absolutely no provision for co-existance with Israel, or indeed any people or nation that is not a part of the Muslim faith. If they had their way, they would begin by wiping openly non-Muslim nations off the map. Then they would turn to their own people, exterminating anyone that they didn't believe was being or hadn't been true to their "faith." There are a lot of politicians and leaders in some of our supposed allies among the Muslim nations that would find themselves facing angry mobs because those mobs believe they sold out Islam by daring to even pretend to be our ally.There is much talk about "true Islam" being a religion of peace when, in fact, the opposite is true. Real, true Islam is a religion of hatred and violence.

The correct answer to this question, for me, is to find our oil or fuel elsewhere, arm Israel to the teeth with every conceivable weapon, and shake the dust from our feet with regards to the muslims.

Agree wholeheartedly, Steve.