• Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  01/13/1959

Innovation Nation

comments

'Digital pill' with chip inside gets FDA green light

By Erin Kim @CNNMoneyTech August 3, 2012: 12:39 PM ET

proteus-digital-health.top.jpg

Proteus Digital Health's monitoring system includes a mobile app, pills with embedded chips, and a stick-on patch that tracks your body data.

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- Ever wonder if you remembered to take your pills this morning? A medical tech startup has a novel solution: Swallow a computer chip that will help you keep track.

Proteus Digital Health scored a big victory this week when the U.S. Food and Drug Administration granted approval for the company's "ingestible sensor" invention. The 1 square millimeter device -- roughly the size of a grain of sand -- can relay information about your insides to you, and if you choose, to your doctor or nurse.

http://money.cnn.com/2012/08/03/technology/startups/ingestible-sensor-proteus/

For more info, visit proteusdigitalhealth.com Their website says the information from these digital meds is stored in a "secure database accessible from a variety of devices".

Anyone else see this as a potential problem or is my CT brain working overtime?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

What will they think of next? Thanks for sharing Deb.

Gary

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  131
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,188
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  8

(quote)

can relay information about your insides to you

Wow ...that would be great ...we can find out what is wrong with us...and save a trip to the docotor if it is not serious,

and then we can treat ourselves.

(quote)

Wow ...that would be great ...we can find out what is wrong with us...and save a trip to the docotor if it is not serious,

The problem stems that it is part of the fig tree. Man working to defeat the curse rather than bow the knee in obedience. Medicine should never be a way of life but it has to be because people will not walk with God.

Gary

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

(quote)

The problem stems that it is part of the fig tree. Man working to defeat the curse rather than bow the knee in obedience. Medicine should never be a way of life but it has to be because people will not walk with God.

Gary

Are you saying we should not use doctors or medicine and rely on Faith alone?

(quote)

Gary

Are you saying we should not use doctors or medicine and rely on Faith alone?

No Fez and I understand/expected someone to think I did. Medicine and doctors are a gift from God in his mercy and grace to aid those who cannot come by faith alone to receive healing. There are many who simply cannot because they do not possess the faith necessary to do so but have faith that God gave medicine and doctors to help. While I would prefer to see the miraculous acts of faith as you have seen when you saw the one raised from the dead, the truth is that faith has waned and suffering continues.

Gary

edited to add: Unbelieving man seeks to rely upon that which he can understand to alleviate the effects of the curse upon him and the world without God. This is whom I am referring to when I speak of the fig tree.

Edited by gdemoss

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,178
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

(quote)

Gary

Are you saying that people walking with God never get sick???

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

I definitely see this as a problem. Talk about the ultimate in tracking and control of the population. I don't think you're being 'C.T.' here at all but maybe I am.....who's to say these could not be used to influence public thinking or to rid society of those considered expendable? Trust the government with this? No way.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  989
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  01/13/1959

I definitely see this as a problem. Talk about the ultimate in tracking and control of the population. I don't think you're being 'C.T.' here at all but maybe I am.....who's to say these could not be used to influence public thinking or to rid society of those considered expendable? Trust the government with this? No way.

MG, those are the exact same thoughts I was having when I was reading through the Proteus site. And it looks like this is going to be implemented and those who depend on their meds are not going to have a choice in the matter but will have to accept it. Somewhere in their site, it spoke of being especially beneficial for the elderly and mentally ill & I actually got chills. Alarm bells went off in my spirit big time over it, and I don't like it at all!

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

(quote)

Gary

Are you saying that people walking with God never get sick???

Even if I did not agree with Gary (I'm not saying I don't, I'm not saying I do because I do not have the time

to take this on) I would still see that he wrote no such thing and yet TWO people go that direction

I'm not trying to pick a fight....

This is what he said, right above yr post:

No Fez and I understand/expected someone to think I did. Medicine and doctors are a gift from God in his mercy and grace to aid those who cannot come by faith alone to receive healing. There are many who simply cannot because they do not possess the faith necessary to do so but have faith that God gave medicine and doctors to help. While I would prefer to see the miraculous acts of faith as you have seen when you saw the one raised from the dead, the truth is that faith has waned and suffering continues.

I do happen to totally agree with this:

edited to add: Unbelieving man seeks to rely upon that which he can understand to alleviate the effects of the curse upon him and the world without God. This is whom I am referring to when I speak of the fig tree.

Edited by gdemoss, Today, 07:25 AM.