• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

boo8_zps6d3cca37.jpg

Listen duck, have you seen a kid down a hole?

Timmy has gone and got himself lost again and Lassie is too busy

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  55
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Obedience is not legalism. Making your own set of rules that you HAVE to obey and telling others to do the same is legalism

Observing the Law as a way to salvation is not the gospel. The law was put in place to point to Jesus Christ

There are some really great posts on the first 2 pages that pretty much cover this tired topic ;)

I just cannot fathom why people don't do a study on Galatians...Paul addresses the topic in scripture so

that pretty much covers the debate or the issue or the grievance or the log or whatever :soapbox:

I hope no one decides I need to word things differently because this is not how they personally would have worded things

G A L A T I A N S

You are under the assumption people have not read Galatians. My point is simply the law is FULFILLED in us, we are being led by the Spirit and not by the law, yet it's righteous requirements are FULFILLED in us. If we are truly being led by the Spirit, we will obey His laws perfectly.

When I speak of obedience, I am speaking of not behaving nor acting like the world, where people can actually "see" that we are following Christ and are believers. It is a vastly different lifestyle than what middle America lives - even the believers. When we are set apart and look nothing like the world, we are deemed legalistic - try it sometime, you'll see what I mean. It's not even the point of pushing your beliefs onto someone else, it is just being led by the Spirit, to "be holy as your Father in heaven is holy", it is our old man being slain by the cross - these things have been forgotten, but when you truly seek these things - then you will be deemed legalistic.

It's my point, it has nothing to do with Judaizers as in Galatians, but when you get rid of all laws entirely, it can lead to a sinful lifestyle, sin leads to death. There is a purpose for each one of the laws, there is a purpose for complete obedience, there is a purpose to live a Holy life, there is a reason God said "do not be like the world".

Edited by Farmgal

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

In the end, the word of God is true:

Hbr 5:9 And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

Jesus was 'made perfect'

He is the author of eternal salvation - This is a fancy way of saying that he is the mediator of the new covenant. 'author' is a word that means 'asker' as he is the one who will or will not deny you before the father on judgment day.

He gives life to all that obey the light he gives them.

He did not write the law for us to follow it according to our understanding of it. He lived a life to declare what righteous living before God looks like and had it recorded by men who the Holy Spirit spoke through. There is one 'law' and that is we must obey Christ. He has explained how we deal with things in our lives in the word and has given us pastors and teachers, along with the Holy Spirit to confirm or deny that which is presented.

Jesus is the gift of God.

The Holy Spirit is the gift of God and the earnest of our inheritance.

Jesus is received through obedience and denied through disobedience.

The gospel is about the giving of a Lord, Savior and Spirit to be received or denied by those who they come to. The law is holy, just and good. It can be used righteously knowing it was not made for the righteous but transgressors. The law simply reveals any lack of love in the one it exposes and we should all be doers of the law as it applies to us through understanding the basic principles of how it defines loving God and others.

We need never to point out that the letter of the law was not kept and accuse another of sin but instead we need to encourage one another to walk in love toward all, understanding the purpose for each written command in scripture. This is a life long study in which we hope to submit ourselves unto the Spirit entirely and remain sanctified unto God having sanctified him in our hearts.

In Jesus Name,

Gary

You are under the assumption people have not read Galatians. My point is simply the law is FULFILLED in us, we are being led by the Spirit and not by the law, yet it's righteous requirements are FULFILLED in us. If we are truly being led by the Spirit, we will obey His laws perfectly.

I would have to tell you that you had not read or studied Galatians in order for you to assume I am under the assumption that 'people'

have or have not done anything. Kindly see that you are actually assuming here. I simply stated that the letter to the Galatians

should be consulted. Is there something wrong with that?

Please provide scripture that states that THE LAW IS FULFILLED IN 'US'.

Are you sure that is what is actually written concerning the fulfillment of the law? Me not so sure.......... :help:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,425
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

boo8_zps6d3cca37.jpg

bright.jpg

This is a life long study

Hmmmm....how do you see that Gary?

Paul indicates that we simply are now free in Christ

Please do not conclude I am proposing that sin is no prob...hopefully we have passed the stage where anyone contributing to this

thread would actually take that as a serious concept

It's my point, it has nothing to do with Judaizers as in Galatians, but when you get rid of all laws entirely, it can lead to a sinful lifestyle, sin leads to death. There is a purpose for each one of the laws, there is a purpose for complete obedience, there is a purpose to live a Holy life, there is a reason God said "do not be like the world".

Kindly see above post. Call me dense, but why would that be a constant introduction when it has been talked to death.....or in some cases,

buried with Christ

The PURPOSE for every law was the end of it....we can never, could never and will never keep it.

If we break the smallest part, we have broken the entire thing

Do not judge anyone by the law or you will be judged by the law (not meant to you personally)

boo8_zps6d3cca37.jpg

bright.jpg

Sometimes you really do need a sense of humor, eh?

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  55
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I would have to tell you that you had not read or studied Galatians in order for you to assume I am under the assumption that 'people'

have or have not done anything. Kindly see that you are actually assuming here. I simply stated that the letter to the Galatians

should be consulted. Is there something wrong with that?

Please provide scripture that states that THE LAW IS FULFILLED IN 'US'.

Are you sure that is what is actually written concerning the fulfillment of the law? Me not so sure.......... :help:

I have already posted the scripture, but will do so again, the law has not disappeared as you are so trying to "get rid of it".

Romans 8:4 in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.

Edited by Farmgal

I have already posted the scripture, but will do so again, the law has not disappeared as you are so trying to "get rid of it".

Romans 8:4 in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.

Uh huh....but ONLY if we do not walk according to the flesh, what do you think legalism is?

Christ fulfilled the law...we never could....legalism is ADDING to the perfect work of Christ on the cross

Do you think Galatians is not all that?

******************************************************************************************************

I don't know why people think they have to state they are repeating themselves....we do it here all the time

It's courteous...that's all...I know I don't chase down every post every person makes so that I will have

a perfect data bank from which to reference everyone's comments

Everything on the last 2 pages of this thread is a rehash of the first 2 pages....so?