fairmaiden

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  2

Well, for my part, when I read the OP, it sounded like something they do on the tv show Supernatural, which has extremely dubious theology to say the least.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/24/1980

nan ah nan ah boo boo

I didn't get bashed :)

blueangel.jpg Love, Steven

LOL! you're funny. ;) but i'm just not gonna bother posting anymore if people think i'm just going to be "bashing" them. plus i've said all i feel that i need to and no longer wish to argue and debate. i've done that enough in my life with family and i am not a fan of long, drawn-out drama. i dont' think this is the place for me. i just don't think i fit in, in too many places in life. I've always been a loner. Whether that's my fault or not, that's just how life seems to go for me. God bless you all.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,244
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

nan ah nan ah boo boo

I didn't get bashed :)

blueangel.jpg Love, Steven

LOL! you're funny. ;) but i'm just not gonna bother posting anymore if people think i'm just going to be "bashing" them. plus i've said all i feel that i need to and no longer wish to argue and debate. i've done that enough in my life with family and i am not a fan of long, drawn-out drama. i dont' think this is the place for me. i just don't think i fit in, in too many places in life. I've always been a loner. Whether that's my fault or not, that's just how life seems to go for me. God bless you all.

Loved one in a place of wrong (this life) one must fight to be the right presence! The fight is remaining and staying to

the course of proclamation of the right The Spirit has installed within... As when leaving you are only doing What? Sensitivity

to opposition as what is right is determined by what remains... not what leaves! There is good fellowship here and many that

can sharpen us to the things of God and His Precious Word! Rethink your retreat and hang around and place your bid for the

truth that is the hope of us all! Love, Steven

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  68
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

fairmaiden,

I think that most people feel like they don't belong and Satan loves nothing more than to use this to seperate us. You have received wise council with sound biblical backing, if you are truly seeking out the truth this is a good place to be!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

so i have a 10 month old baby girl. the past couple of months she's been crying a lot at night and waking up in a cold sweat. i didn't know if it was her teeth bugging her or a cold coming on - i didn't put much thought into it, but it troubled my husband a little bit. on one particular night, our daughter was waking and crying nearly every hour, all night long.

in the morning, my husband said he had a hunch and to trust him on this one. he sprinkled sea salt on the inside of her window sill and all around her crib on the floor. he thought that someone or something was bothering her.

That night, for the first night in at least a couple of months, our daughter slept hard and long! she woke only one time for a quick feeding and was back to bed. i thought it might be a fluke thing so we waited to see what would happen the next night. again, the next night she slept soooo soundly! not one little peep aside from the one feeding. she also slept in and when she did wake up, it wasn't from crying hysterically and she wasn't sweating anymore. she woke up calmly and babbling quietly.

my husband suffered as a child with "the dark side" bugging him, tormenting him as he slept and he did not have any help. it even made him turn to the dark side as a young person until Christ saved him later in life.

this sprinkling of salt, in my opinion just serves as a protective barrier against forces we cannot see. it's like chicken soup when you have a cold. i am thankful that my husband thought to do this and that it worked for our daughter. we are all sleeping peacefully now. she did not have to suffer long with whatever or whoever was bothering her.

has anyone ever done this? what do you think of this? i would not be surprised to have replies from people on both sides of the fence.

~ fairmaiden

People responded to what you wrote. I am thankful that so many Christians realized that what your husband did was a practice used

by those who fear witches and believe that by casting salt, they are invoking protection from malevolent forces. This protection does

not issue from the Holy Spirit and God condemns this practice as witchcraft.

At this point I am not sure why you posted your story......actually, I wondered this right from the first, but responded in good faith even

though the last sentence in your post indicates you believe nothing is wrong with the actions of your husband.

However, you did invite others to respond by asking what those of us on this board think about your story...which we did.

Your husband was involved in the demonic as you indicate and so it should come as no surprise that your child is bothered when

it is certain that no clean cut from those practices forbidden by scripture has been made.

I am very familiar with how witches attack and the practices used by some to achieve disturbances at night....when normal defenses

are down and the mind is not as active and you indicate that your husband believed your child was being bothered by either

a someone or a something.

I am alarmed that your first line of defense would be to invoke protection through none biblical means and also by the fact that you never

once mentioned prayer in Jesus name or using scripture as a line that satan could not cross rather than salt. You mention prayer

in your response, but you did not mention prayer in your op.

I do not know your purpose in posting your story, but I do not believe you came seeking Christian advice as

you did not actually ask for advice. You actually only asked the opinions of others and if anyone else here had

used salt as you and your husband have used it.

my Faith is strong in Jesus - the devil has absolutely no foothold in my life, believe me! You say the salt works only because I believe it will work.

So when you sit in a chair, it's going to hold you because you believe it will. Gasp! That's not magic is it??!! LOL

I'm sorry, but you actually indicate a lack of faith. If your prayers are being hindered, that would suggest that there is

something going on in your family that does not allow for the protection you say you want. There is no reason God

would deny protection for your child, therefore, anyone with discernment would ask why you are not being granted

that protection as it is most certainly God's desire to give you that protection.

Your own words deny the faith you claim to have. I wish that were not so.

In the end, we all act from what we actually believe rather than what we say we believe.

I hope you understand that the answers you receive indicate that people here believe that the blood of Christ alone can

deliver your child from any harmful forces. God bless you and I pray that you turn to Christ and the salvation He offers.

This will be my last post to you as I do not wish to argue and you do not seem to actually be seeking help, but rather

appear to want to defend the practice of seeking aid from a non-Christian source.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Everyone involved in this thread, thank you for your replies, 99.9% of which basically agree with each other.

Which is very refreshing :thumbsup:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.24

Quote fairmaiden: "anyone used salt as protection?"

Never on my end.

Salt is not to be found in the Bible anywhere either in the context of "protection."

As Christians our only source for protection is God, and His Word rightly divided in all we do. Anything found outside of His Word we are to discount.

In keeping with the flow of things here, my grandmother used to use salt for protection.

She was also a "real" witch and a practitioner of witchcraft...

Noah Webster's 1828 Dictionary

Witchcraft

WITCHCRAFT, [witch and craft.]

1. The practices of witches; sorcery; enchantments; intercourse with the devil.

2. Power more than natural.