IGNORED

Pat Robertson: Dinosaurs From Before Time Of The Bible

Tinky

i wish people would not spend pages bickering over non-salvational issues. MOSTLY though, i wish that if people were going to disagree, they'd do so with grace and compassion, which are hallmarks of spiritual maturity.

runninggator, it's rare that i find myself agreeing with you. and patriot, it's rare that i find myself DISagreeing with you. but this is not an essential issue. it's not going to affect anyone's salvation. but arguing about it really is not uplifting or edifying to anyone. please, will you both agree to disagree? i know there are times when we all get on our soapboxes and want to win a debate, but is this particular topic really worth that kind of anxt?

so again, i'm asking, (not telling, not criticizing, just ASKING)... can ya'll agree to disagree? i'm really interested in seeing what others have to say here, but everyone else's voice is kinda getting lost in the midst.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  934
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  02/12/1950

i wish people would not spend pages bickering over .............

Anything.........what does it take

to quell the storms that are so detrimental to spiritual growth and maturity. A believer must turn hatred into humility, judgment into justice, and boasting into belief.

I'm an engineer,.... I know the science of the world, and I believe some to be right in their science, Yet, I choose to Trust In Jesus. Period! I just do not care what mankind's evidence shows...For nothing will shake that Faith that I have in Christ...

If there was another earth before this one or any living thing then death did not come by the one man Adam did it? Rom 5:12 Therefore, just as through one man sin entered the world, and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men, because all sinned— The believer is to walk by faith and not by sight(2Cor5:7) The just shall live by faith is the principle throughout the scriptures, the wedge of doubt concerning the truth of all scripture is not to penetrate the thought which enters the mind, reject it as soon as possible is the best solution of not leaning to one's own understanding. Forever O Lord, your word is settled in heaven, make it the mainstay of each believer's heart.

unless this "death" is not refering to the physical body

There is another hypothesis which implies the death that entered the world through Adam was specifically for his descendants. That is animals died before the fall.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

i wish people would not spend pages bickering over non-salvational issues. MOSTLY though, i wish that if people were going to disagree, they'd do so with grace and compassion, which are hallmarks of spiritual maturity.

runninggator, it's rare that i find myself agreeing with you. and patriot, it's rare that i find myself DISagreeing with you. but this is not an essential issue. it's not going to affect anyone's salvation. but arguing about it really is not uplifting or edifying to anyone. please, will you both agree to disagree? i know there are times when we all get on our soapboxes and want to win a debate, but is this particular topic really worth that kind of anxt?

so again, i'm asking, (not telling, not criticizing, just ASKING)... can ya'll agree to disagree? i'm really interested in seeing what others have to say here, but everyone else's voice is kinda getting lost in the midst.

Agreed, I have hidden, what? Four posts containing insults and sarcastic comments in this thread.

And then people wonder why threads get locked and people censured for going against the TOS?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  934
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  02/12/1950

Agreed, I have hidden, what? Four posts containing insults and sarcastic comments in this thread.

And then people wonder why threads get locked and people censured for going against the TOS?

Well if I do it you have permission to 32-Copy.gif ....I need one, now and than....to remind me I'm not what I was.....

Gator,

It is more than possible to have a nice, civil discussion over this topic, I have done it a number of times on this very forum in the past. The problem lies in when one is belittled for disagreeing with the person, or when one is a accused of abandoning God in favor of science.

i understand. believe me, i understand. i've been there, done that, many times... but it's been pages now, and something has got to give. one of you should be the first to walk away. there is no shame in taking the high road.

i agree that God isn't limited by OUR concept of time. i think most people here agree that we'll have to wait to know exactly how the biblical account reconciles with the carbon (or radio-carbon) dated account. when we stand before God, maybe one of us will want to ask. i'm not so sure it will matter to us at that point, though.

but right here, right now, nobody has a satisfactory answer. no matter what patriot says to you, it isn't going to change the fact that your opinion is just as valid as his. you don't have to continue trying to justify your position. you don't have anything to prove to him.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

It is possible to do both

Do you believe the Lord's intention was to teach us about Planet Earth?

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.81
  • Days Won:  44

I do not care....I choose to believe that God made the Earth, the Heavens and all that is in it, as well as Time...for living man....for I do not see the dead and the Angles have need of such a measurement as time.

MadebyGodWebCoybyDKS.gif

Dennis.........

AMEN dennis!! i am in total agreement with that.

Amen x 2 :thumbsup:

Faith in God's promises > man's logic or understanding.

Guest shiloh357

Televangelist Pat Robertson is telling his audience that dinosaurs are from a time before the Bible and that Planet Earth is older than 6,000 years.

“I know people will probably lynch me for this, but Bishop Ussher, God bless him, wasn’t inspired by the Lord when he said it all took 6,000 years. It just didn’t,” Robertson said Tuesday on “The 700 Club.”

The host was referring to James Ussher, the 17th century archbishop of Ireland who, in his 1650 publication “The Annals of the World,” proffered his belief that the Earth was created Oct. 23, 4004 B.C.

“You go back in time, you have carbon dating, all these things, and you have the carcasses of dinosaurs frozen in time.” Robertson explained. “They are out there. And so there was a time when these giant raptors were on the Earth and it was before the time of the Bible. So don’t try to cover it up and make like everything was 6,000 years, that’s not the Bible.”

http://www.wnd.com/2..._orig=education

Sounds like Robertson is referring to the "gap theory" which asserts that there was a gap of time beween Gen. 1:1 and 1:2 and that the earth was inhabited by a pre-adamite race. Some creationists seek to reconcile the Bible with modern scientific thought by relegating the dinosaurs to that time period. It is total hokum and the Hebrew construct of Gen. 1:1 and 1:2 won't allow for the gap theory.

Guest shiloh357

Genesis 1 and 2 are not a scientific account of creation. They are a theological account of creation. They simply answer the question, "where did we come from?" It introduces us to God as our sovereign Creator, Redeemer and Eternal Judge.

For that reason, it is unfair to fault Genesis 1 and 2 for failing to meet modern scientific precision. Genesis is pre-science, not anti-science.