IGNORED

Where are the prophets?

Bold Believer

Did God leave us so unequipped and feeble that we need modern-day prophets to help us out?....

Well Yes, At Least I Need To Hear Them (My Old Age?)

I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;

Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry. 2 Timothy 4:1-5

I Usually Receive Daily Prophecies (Words From The LORD) Even From This Ministry

http://www.worthynetwork.com/sign-up

And I Take Them Very Serious And Personal

~

I seek after The Spirit, not some self-professing "prophet." Because if he is telling me he is a prophet and he is rattling something off to me in King James English, I already know he is a poser....

Poser (?), I Am Offended

Oh So Not lol....

I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called,

With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love;

Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.

There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;

One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ.

Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men.

(Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth?

He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)

And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;

For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:

Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;

But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:

From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love. Ephesians 4:1-16

Even Lady Sunday School Teachers Have Been Known To Speak Prophecy,

To Speak The Words Of The LORD Into The Little Children

And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God,I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams: And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy: Acts 2:17-18

How About That~!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

One of the main problems that I have encountered, are people filtering the meaning of the gift through their own experience or speaking

of their own gift or experience as though it were the norm and voila why doesn't everybody just see me as an example

We most likely all have our own experiences we could relate, but that does not make some sort of measuring device or credibility

disclosure to arrive at any sort of physical evidence that proves something at all IMO

I would much rather have in hand a dedicated topical study on the subject than 4000 pages of personal experiences.

That could just be me

The part about tongues isn't required because we are never, ever told to chase after tongues or any other specific spiritual gift. We are supposed to seek after only that which the Holy Spirit wishes to gift us with to serve, and it isn't always tongues. Paul repeatedly downplays the importance of tongues and yet, when it comes to the gifts of the Spirit, it seems to be the only thing people are ever told to wish for. You are not supposed to "wish" for any particular gift, and if you are, you are not doing it with a humble and surrendered heart. That's why I cringe every time I hear someone telling someone to pray that they speak in tongues. Why? How do you know the Spirit wants them, specifically, to speak in tongues? If you want them to receive the gifts that the Holy Spirit has for them, why don't you simply have them pray for that? "Holy Spirit, gift me with what you wish to gift me with and know is necessary for the glory of Christ. Amen." It isn't ever supposed to be about anything beyond that.

I really would not want anyone praying in tongues over me. I can do that myself. Let's hear something we all can understand ... something that benefits

and that we can recognize as the Holy Spirit at work.

I have seen plenty and can relate plenty but I think that is not the objective of the gifts.

I hope this does not offend here, but I actually do not like it when someone goes on and on and on about all their experiences and how God

has 'used' them and all the miracles etc etc

I start to think about Jesus telling most people not to say anything. I have found that somewhere in all that talk, there is usually an element

that is not God.

Sorry if that hurts anyone but that is how I have come to see these things.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  158
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

I really would not want anyone praying in tongues over me. I can do that myself. Let's hear something we all can understand ... something that benefits

and that we can recognize as the Holy Spirit at work.

I can whole heartly say amen to this statement, except for the I can do that myself part.

Edited by allofgrace

Brother Mike:

I can see the points here. I have some examples on how the Lord used me. I tend to portray this as the norm and certainly expect God to help us when we are in a position to help others. If that means the gifts then fine, if not fine, just the Lord be part of it and help.

Are those who get anointed to stand in the office of a Prophet go around and point sins out and judge the body of Christ as a whole, and the answer is no. I gave my experiences I personally went through and not someone else which I have many. I can explain mine, and in those hope to shed some light on the subject for what little I know about it.

My other point is that if you have not been around the real, then you have but the word to compare what the Holy Spirit conducts according to scriptures. You have only part of it.

Jesus is Lord.

Regarding the blue above in yr post

I have had and do have 'experiences'...I don't think they are the norm. I think they are something I have had. Me, myself and I even if others

are involved.

And my other point, is that I am VERY careful of someone who states that THEY are the real

See the diff? and I am not saying you are reporting bogus experiences...I don't know...this is a forum...not church

However, I do know that my mind appreciates knowing the scriptures so that I can discern whether or not something is REAL or not

Even someone with that particular gift can not necessarily sit here and say with authority, well that is real or that is not real

I think this, from Fez, makes sense: Worthy is of course different, and it is time and posts that tell. Often a post will be a bit off because of our mood, or reaction on the day, but time usually sorts out who is who here.

When someone is searching, I am not convinced that a barrage of God did this or that and He 'used' me in this or that miraculous way is what

will convince them.

People, in my experience, who are sincere and know there is a diversity of experience and not everything is of God, will be reluctant to believe simply

because someone else seems so excited.

OK, look, I am not trying to pick on you here Mike, but a little discretion would go a long way sometimes.....K?

of course you don't have to agree with that...but that's how I see it

• Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Brother Mike:

I can see the points here. I have some examples on how the Lord used me. I tend to portray this as the norm and certainly expect God to help us when we are in a position to help others. If that means the gifts then fine, if not fine, just the Lord be part of it and help.

Are those who get anointed to stand in the office of a Prophet go around and point sins out and judge the body of Christ as a whole, and the answer is no. I gave my experiences I personally went through and not someone else which I have many. I can explain mine, and in those hope to shed some light on the subject for what little I know about it.

My other point is that if you have not been around the real, then you have but the word to compare what the Holy Spirit conducts according to scriptures. You have only part of it.

Jesus is Lord.

Regarding the blue above in yr post

I have had and do have 'experiences'...I don't think they are the norm. I think they are something I have had. Me, myself and I even if others

are involved.

And my other point, is that I am VERY careful of someone who states that THEY are the real

See the diff? and I am not saying you are reporting bogus experiences...I don't know...this is a forum...not church

However, I do know that my mind appreciates knowing the scriptures so that I can discern whether or not something is REAL or not

Even someone with that particular gift can not necessarily sit here and say with authority, well that is real or that is not real

I think this, from Fez, makes sense: Worthy is of course different, and it is time and posts that tell. Often a post will be a bit off because of our mood, or reaction on the day, but time usually sorts out who is who here.

When someone is searching, I am not convinced that a barrage of God did this or that and He 'used' me in this or that miraculous way is what

will convince them.

People, in my experience, who are sincere and know there is a diversity of experience and not everything is of God, will be reluctant to believe simply

OK, look, I am not trying to pick on you here Mike, but a little discretion would go a long way sometimes.....K?

of course you don't have to agree with that...but that's how I see it

I agree with what sevenseas is saying especially this...

and Mike, your comment as to...

Is not strictly true. First of all, saying that you have "but the word to compare", suggests that the Word is not enough. It is, to millions of Spirit driven Christian men and women. And secondly, there are those on Worthy who have been through the fire, and those who have willingly walked into it in His name. They have not "been around the real", they are the "real", they just don't choose to talk about it for various reasons, and just get on with the "doing" part.

Parker1

What exactly would a new prophecy be that a "NT Prophet" has to give which has not already been given in Scripture? Didn't the New Testament end with the Book of Revelation? That is what NT stands for, isn't it? New Testament?

I already gave you the answer to your question, I'll post it again to save you from having to read. [What is this supposed to mean?]

Mike:

There is a lot of misunderstanding on How the Holy Spirit moves and works, and it mostly comes from those who have not with full hearts gone after tongues or the things of the Spirit of God.

Fix this, and a whole lot more will be clear to you.

Jesus is Lord.

It sounds like you are questioning my personal commitment to the Faith. The TOS prohibit personal attacks you know? GOD never places one Christian in a position to question another Christian's faith, no matter how "enlightened" that person may think that they are. No Christian has standing above another, Brother.

Now, you didn't answer the question. I fully understand how the Holy Spirit moves and works and He does not announce any new prophecy; prophecy that is not already contained in Scripture. My question is quite specific and I would appreciate a specific answer, not erroneous judgment.

What exactly would a new prophecy be that a "NT Prophet" has to give which has not already been given in Scripture? Didn't the New Testament end with the Book of Revelation? That is what NT stands for, isn't it? New Testament?

Now, you didn't answer the question. I fully understand how the Holy Spirit moves and works and He does not announce any new prophecy; prophecy that is not already contained in Scripture. My question is quite specific and I would appreciate a specific answer, not erroneous judgment.

But the one who prophesies speaks to people for their strengthening, encouraging and comfort. The NT prophet does NOT create scripture or foretell the future of God's kindgom. He can just "see around the corner" to explain to people where they are going if they keep to a certain course, when his spiritual gift permits it.

Exactly! That is what I am trying to say. "But the one who prophesies speaks to people for their strengthening, encouraging and comfort. The NT prophet does NOT create scripture or foretell the future of God's kindgom. He can just "see around the corner" to explain to people where they are going if they keep to a certain course, when his spiritual gift permits it."

GOD allows certain of His people to see what is happening right now in certain (unknown?) situations and gives them the vision to know and proclaim to those certain people(s) the immediate consequences/rewards of what they are about to do or are doing.

But to me, that is not the "Type" of Prophet of the Old and New Testaments. They are a "New Type," as the Church is a "New Race." It's semantics.