OneLight

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  9

I'm not certain they are the same thrones but don't see why it isn't possible. The Apostles could surely judge both Jew and Gentile because they are both Jew and Christian?

You are getting too technical here, God gave them their place before the Throne of God, period.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,222
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

With all the discussions on the end times on what is to come, I would like to know what people think about the following:

Revelation 20:4a

And I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was committed to them.

As I hate to ask a question without providing more information, here are verses 1 to 6 so we can see how it is written in context.

Then I saw an angel coming down from heaven, having the key to the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand. He laid hold of the dragon, that serpent of old, who is
the
Devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years; and he cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal on him, so that he should deceive the nations no more till the thousand years were finished. But after these things he must be released for a little while.

Then
I saw
the souls of those who had been beheaded for their witness to Jesus and for the word of God, who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received
his
mark on their foreheads or on their hands. And they lived and reigned with Christ for a thousand years. But the rest of the dead did not live again until the thousand years were finished. This
is
the first resurrection. Blessed and holy
is
he who has part in the first resurrection. Over such the second death has no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with Him a thousand years.

What judgment are they to perform, on whom and why? I can only "assume" that they will be judging those who have died for Christ during the tribulation. Thoughts?

1 Cor 6:2-3

And if the world is judged by you, are you not competent to constitute the smallest law courts? 3 Do you not know that we shall judge angels ?

NASB

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

A lot of times in the Old Testament the original tongue should not have been translated judgment, but deliverance.

Read like this: "And I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and deliverance was committed to them."

Yes I am adding to the word of God, I know this from experience reading the word of God.

But, the word in this case is - κρίμa - krima G2917

But, the word in this case is - κρίμa - krima G2917

:confused::noidea:

If you check out your first quote above, you are referring to the OT and how some words did not translate properly. Then you try to infer this with a NT verse. The Greek for judgment is krima, which I pointed to, which does mean judgment, not deliverance. Sorry, thought it was simple enough to follow. I apologize.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,185
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  02/19/1971

With all the discussions on the end times on what is to come, I would like to know what people think about the following:

As I hate to ask a question without providing more information, here are verses 1 to 6 so we can see how it is written in context.

Then I saw an angel coming down from heaven, having the key to the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand. He laid hold of the dragon, that serpent of old, who is
the
Devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years; and he cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal on him, so that he should deceive the nations no more till the thousand years were finished. But after these things he must be released for a little while.

Then
I saw
the souls of those who had been beheaded for their witness to Jesus and for the word of God, who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received
his
mark on their foreheads or on their hands. And they lived and reigned with Christ for a thousand years. But the rest of the dead did not live again until the thousand years were finished. This
is
is
he who has part in the first resurrection. Over such the second death has no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with Him a thousand years.

What judgment are they to perform, on whom and why? I can only "assume" that they will be judging those who have died for Christ during the tribulation. Thoughts?

And if the world is judged by you, are you not competent to constitute the smallest law courts? 3 Do you not know that we shall judge angels ?

NASB

Excellent answer, Other One. Scripture clearly teaches that we will Reign(as kings and priests) with Christ.

Rev 5:10 "You have made them to be a kingdom and priests to our God; and they will reign upon the earth."

1Pe 2:9 But you are A CHOSEN RACE, A royal PRIESTHOOD, A HOLY NATION, A PEOPLE FOR God's OWN POSSESSION, so that you may proclaim the excellencies of Him who has called you out of darkness into His marvelous light;

Rev 3:21 'He who overcomes, I will grant to him to sit down with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne.

Rev 20:4 KJV And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

Mat 19:28 KJV And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Is it possible the 12 Apostles will be sitting on these thrones.

Then you believe these thrones spoken in this passage are the 12 Thrones on which the Judgment of the 12 Tribes will be done? Something as important as this would of been pointed out in detail, don't you think?

I'm not certain they are the same thrones but don't see why it isn't possible. The Apostles could surely judge both Jew and Gentile because they are both Jew and Christian?

I also think if John was referring to the Apostles, which he is one, it would hint why he didn't say that specifically because he was considered very humble not bringing attention to himself. Also, it could be that John would naturally assume people would know exactly who the judges would be. imo

We don't know who they are, or what they will be judging, but this is a bit of a fetch for me to consider.

the

Then
I saw
his
is
is

NASB

Excellent answer, Other One. Scripture clearly teaches that we will Reign(as kings and priests) with Christ.

Rev 5:10 "You have made them to be a kingdom and priests to our God; and they will reign upon the earth."

1Pe 2:9 But you are A CHOSEN RACE, A royal PRIESTHOOD, A HOLY NATION, A PEOPLE FOR God's OWN POSSESSION, so that you may proclaim the excellencies of Him who has called you out of darkness into His marvelous light;

Rev 3:21 'He who overcomes, I will grant to him to sit down with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne.

His answer is true, we will judge angels, but I don't see the purpose of this being said at this time. Why would the idea of judging angles be set inside a passage talking about the millennium? Are you suggesting that this is when we will judge the angels? I believe there will be more than enough time after the New Heaven and New Earth are created, when the New Jerusalem is

here.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  9

If you check out your first quote above, you are referring to the OT and how some words did not translate properly. Then you try to infer this with a NT verse. The Greek for judgment is krima, which I pointed to, which does mean judgment, not deliverance. Sorry, thought it was simple enough to follow. I apologize.

I repent, I guess it was senseless drive by posting.

I repent, I guess it was senseless drive by posting.

All we are doing is trying to do is dig deeper while keeping things in check. There is no answer truly given, so I inquired to see what others thought. When something comes to view, I review it with what else scripture says about the new idea. I see nothing wrong with voicing our opinion, as long as we realize it is an opinion.

Guest ninhao

We don't know who they are, or what they will be judging, but this is a bit of a fetch for me to consider.

I can live with that. :D

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,222
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

the

Then
I saw
his
is
is

NASB

His answer is true, we will judge angels, but I don't see the purpose of this being said at this time. Why would the idea of judging angles be set inside a passage talking about the millennium? Are you suggesting that this is when we will judge the angels? I believe there will be more than enough time after the New Heaven and New Earth are created, when the New Jerusalem is

here.

OneLight, The thought just popped into my head when I read your post. I just put it up as a possibility since we really don't know what/who is being judged. We really do have time for most everything in the new heaven and earth.

But we do have to do that judging sometime, and I would think the timing would be acceptable for that time period. Satan is bound so he would have no input at all.

I just made the suggestion off the top of my head, but the longer I think about it the more sense it makes.

The first resurrection has already happened, so those people have already been judged. If you didn't make the first resurrection, do you have a chance to have been saved after that time. Jesus himself separates those alive into goats and sheep so to speak, so I don't see us doing that judging. The only thing I am sure we do judge is the angels, so it makes sense to me that this could easily be when we do that judging. But we don't know as a surety, so we can have divergent ideas of the possibilities.