1peterlight

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  17
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

that does not work, dispensationalism is blasphemy because it assumes that the Christian age is an interruption in God's work's salvation plan.  The above referenced videos show that to be the case.

I think you can still use that tree sign verse today.  But you will have to understand its meaning then and now apply it to our day and age, not that hard really. But to do that first you have to start preaching the Gospel somewhere.  Okay?

Edited by donaldjamesperry

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,227
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

OTHER ONE: How could you possibly know what they might have done?

David: No Jesus did not return yet. Mark 13:7 When you hear of wars and rumors of wars, do not be alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come.

You guys should stop talking and start cracking open some books to find something substantial to bring to the table.  These are not arguments for your position at all.  I am not helped, If you want to bring me out of my error you need to do better then this.

I don't see how any of the things you mention would justify whether or not they thought his return timing would cause them either to or not to follow his commands.  second this subject is much too complicated for me to get involved at the present time....   I'm still typing with one finger most of the time from numb fingers on my left hand from an accident....  There are not enough hours in the day for me to join in fully in the thread, but I do read most of what's placed on Worthy.

Sometimes, when people make statements that  assume things that I don't see as assumable, I have to speak up......   and that doesn't mean that I even disagree with what you might be saying, but that i can't see how you are getting there from where you are.

And from all that you have said i still can't follow the thought that when they expected him to return had much if any real influence in whether or not they followed his commands/warnings to them.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

that does not work, dispensationalism is blasphemy because it assumes that the Christian age is an interruption in God's work's salvation plan. 

Dispensationalism does no such thing.

delete

delete

And from all that you have said i still can't follow the thought that when they expected him to return had much if any real influence in whether or not they followed his commands/warnings to them.

You are not familiar with what happened in AD 70.  There are movies on line about it you can watch. 

You are not familiar with what happened in AD 70.  There are movies on line about it you can watch. 

yes I am very familiar with what happened in AD 70....Not only from the prospective of Christian history, but from the dark side itself..   I just don't think that expecting Jesus quickly or not had an effect on how they responded to what Jesus had told them to do.   

Jesus told them that it would, so it must have something to do with it.  Have you ever been on the job when the owner is coming to visit from out of town?  Have you ever been in class when there is a substitute teacher?  Have you ever driven down the highway different after you got a speeding ticket?  Have you ever driven through a bad neighborhood where there is no one around who is in authority?  Have you ever gone out on mismatch night?  I think that answers the question.  

As far as seeing Jesus physically goes, looking at Jesus before never did anything to save anyone, why should it make a difference now all of a sudden?  It will not.  Something needed to change it the person looking, I think that is what John 14 is about.  How ever you can only go so far before it must become idealistic.  After that point to o further you have to die because you sin.

Jesus told them that it would, so it must have something to do with it.  Have you ever been on the job when the owner is coming to visit from out of town?  Have you ever been in class when there is a substitute teacher?  Have you ever driven down the highway different after you got a speeding ticket?  Have you ever driven through a bad neighborhood where there is no one around who is in authority?  Have you ever gone out on mismatch night?  I think that answers the question.  

As far as seeing Jesus physically goes, looking at Jesus before never did anything to save anyone, why should it make a difference now all of a sudden?  It will not.  Something needed to change it the person looking, I think that is what John 14 is about.  How ever you can only go so far before it must become idealistic.  After that point to o further you have to die because you sin.

Jesus told them that it would, so it must have something to do with it.  The scripture for this is what i don't see....

Have you ever been on the job when the owner is coming to visit from out of town? Yes I have...   I've had corporate people ride with me at work, and it didn't affect what I did in the least except we didn't have a quick hamburger for lunch.

Have you ever been in class when there is a substitute teacher? Yes many times, and we always treated them with great respect.......   at least after we made them cry...  LoL

Have you ever driven down the highway different after you got a speeding ticket?  NO....   but I haven't gotten a speeding ticket in about 40 years so it's kind of hard to remember how I left that scene....   I do remember I wasn't guilty and was quite upset though.

Have you ever driven through a bad neighborhood where there is no one around who is in authority?  Yes, that's why I carry..

Have you ever gone out on mismatch night?  I have absolutely no idea what that is.....   I'm hoping you will fill me in as that kind of trivia can keep one up nights.

I still don't think we can assume that thinking the Lord would return made any real difference in how they reacted to what Jesus told them to do.....   coming to that conclusion is a metaphysical process that can and has created thousands of denominations in the world today.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  169
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  345
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  4

Something gives me the feeling that Jesus is going to return even before this thread discussion

is all over and done.

Hey let's admit it there can even be funny theories how all this can turn out.

Yeah I know always a goofball in the crowd. :laughing: