• Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

I agree with GoldenEagle.

And..

Some of those other religions have rules much stricter than in Christianity.

What are these "strict rules" you talk about?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

Hey Back,

You misunderstood me, and because you did, that scripture doesn't fit. But I hope you know that even Jesus told certain people of His time, that those who think they'll be first will be last, and those you expect to be last will be first. Jesus made several statements like that. For some reason I don't know, but God knows, I was exposed to other religions at an early age, and I was always troubled by it. None of the adults I knew had any answers for me. I guess I forgot about it when I became a teen, and the trouble started again when I joined my first church. It just doesn't make sense that an all good and all loving God, will throw billions into hell because they never had a chance to know His Son.

About 10 years after becoming a Christian, due to personal reasons, I had to start to look into the other main world religions. I was shocked by what I found out. They all have almost identical rules for Holy Living. So people born into other religions, and who obey the commandments of their religion, those are the people I'm talking about. And most of those religions have stricter moral codes than Christianity does. So when a Christian American gives up Christianity to be a Buddhist (for example) that person is being deluded. Anyone I know of who did that, was mistaken about the demands Buddhism was going to put on him. So I am in no way advocating any other religion over Christianity.

I doubt I will convince you. So I'll just leave it at all men are brothers, and we all need God and the saving grace of Jesus our Lord.

Wow, this thread is growing faster than I can type.

GE, you started this. Now you're changing your mind? I have said many times salvation comes through Jesus. I never said a person can save themselves.

The Stricter rules, I already gave one. A married Christian man is allowed to kiss another woman. But a married Hindu man can't. And I'm talking about little peck kisses.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  44

I spent over a decade asking God to explain that to me. I was told what I said yesterday, on a different thread. There are 6 basic world religions. All these religions have Rules for Holy Living, which is also in the Bible... So what God told me was that if a person born, lived, and died in one of those religions, and that person followed the rules for Holy living, that person can still get into Heaven. Those are the little rivers.

JTC, I guess I was asking for clarification. There is a big difference between being God's child (adopted into His family) and His creation. Would you agree?

All paths do not lead to God. Jesus Christ is the only way. All other religions fall short. There is no other way to God (Heaven) other than through Jesus. Righteous living or godly living falls short of God's standard - perfection.

Your thoughts?

God bless,

GE

Wow, this thread is growing faster than I can type.

GE, you started this. Now you're changing your mind? I have said many times salvation comes through Jesus. I never said a person can save themselves.

The Stricter rules, I already gave one. A married Christian man is allowed to kiss another woman. But a married Hindu man can't. And I'm talking about little peck kisses.

I started the thread saying that people need to think of lost people as those who God wants to save. Meaning these people need Jesus Christ. They're potential fellow co-heirs in Christ. That God loves them tremendously. I never said all religions lead to Heaven... Do you see the difference?

And a few thoughts on Barabbas and Christ... I am Barabbas. I deserved the chains, pain, and crucifixion.

Thoughts?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,247
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

A lot of people really condemn jonah and thomas, But these 2 were a great witness in my life when I was first saved.. I was a doubting Thomas and his witness helped me to believe. He doubted, put his hand in Jesus side and fell on his face confessing Jesus as his Lord and his God.

I wanted God to use me and He sent me to the hardest people for me to love.

I tried to

run when God asked me to witness to them, but God brought me back to it. So I did it with a bad attitude but at least I did it. No reward. I just sat under the shade of that weed and felt sorry for myself, pouting until even the weed died.

Next time I decided I didn't want to die in the wilderness with bad attitudes and complaining. It is easier to do it Gods way than to be miserable. It was a pretty selfish reason for obeying, but a slight improvement. God chastens those he loves, and the fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom.

Hey GE,

Before I try to get into any long explanations with you, I should ask you one thing. Are you a charismatic Christian or no? I am. If you're not then I already know there's many things you will disagree with me on, and that's fine by me.

I don't believe all other religions lead to God. But at the same time, I don't believe God is condemning to eternal hell every soul that never had a chance to know Jesus.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  705
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/23/1958

Here's a thought: God wants to save your enemies.

That is very true and something He impressed on me at the time of 9/11.

As it came out that it was terrorists who hit us on that day, I started to pray for the destruction of islam so that they could no more hurt people. As I prayed, the Lord impressed on me that I was praying wrongfully. That what I should pray for is that no more folks get hurt but that also those stuck in islam get saved themselves. That their salvation is truly the best means by which terrorism can be stopped.

That came up again not long ago. We attended a new church that we were thinking of joining. They mentioned during the service a fresh attack by Hamas on Israel. They prayed for the salvation of Jews and the destruction of the terrorists. Not once did they pray for the salvation of terrorists or palestinians.

Jesus died for the sins of the world. He came to restore all of us to Him. The enemies of Israel, the enemies of the USA, your personal enemy, all of them also need Jesus to be saved.

Jesus told us to pray for our enemies. Who among us does?

Very true Ayin, we need to pray for their salvation, if they are destroyed the devil wins if they are saved he loses.